Sign in to follow this  
TruckerGuy

Close

http://www.chroniclesoffrym.com

Looking for a fresh start?

Looking to make new friends? 

New to the game, and feel overwhelmed?

Experienced players looking for a new exciting challenge?

Frym could be just what your looking for! We opened our doors to the new exciting world of frym a few days ago, and already have received great players! We are looking for more to play and build along with us!

Currently we offer these mods that help with game play.

• boatmod - can lead animals on water with a boat, and they will not drown.
  • bounty mod - set higher bounties for mobs (good for gaining coin)
  • cropmods- crops will not spoil, and harvesting is better
  • dig like mining- dirt is placed on ground, if on foot, and in boat if on boat.
  • increased merchant items
  • portals!
  • prospect mod
  • sacrifice mod
  • salve mod - shows how potent a healing cover is
  • spell mod - unrestricts priests to be able to cast all spells and craft anything, and pray as often as they like.
  • Ada and Glimer rods - can be bought at the trader
  • Inbreed Warning
  • Increase Merchant Items
  • Infinity Wide Entry mines
  • Meditate Mod
  • More Craftables
  • Move To Center
  • No Build Limit!
  • Simple Concrete
  • Treasue Hunting!
  • One Tile Mining!

Please limit the size of deeds to 121x121 and max guards 25.

Just a handful of what we thought would be fun to play with while in the game (if you think of any we might need, please private message me about them, and ill look into getting them into the game!)

Currently have a discord server and a live map.

Map dump is available here: size: 4096

47KTMqh.jpg

Edited by TruckerGuy

It's in the PVE section, and lists "spell mod - unrestricts priests to be able to cast all spells and craft anything, and pray as often as they like." 

(oops, my own "deed costs" question was answered in the title ^_^ )

So I guess he has all my questions covered ?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

13 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

It's in the PVE section, and lists "spell mod - unrestricts priests to be able to cast all spells and craft anything, and pray as often as they like." 

Lol, I have no idea how I missed all that. I was specifically scanning for it, too.  Must be time for bed.  

Looks like a 4096 sized map?

Omg, ignore me. It's just the Ocrea map.  It totally didn't look like it to me, but the players confirmed.

Edited by Batta

22 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Actually, this page seems to be inaccurate in some ways.

For example, "pray as often as they like" isn't working. Faith gains are only every 20 minutes.

Bag of Holding?  

Edited by Batta

Sorry for the late replies, it's custom map. 4096 map. Bag of holding yes lol. I'll get to work on the praying and faith gains this evening. Sorry I didn't know they weren't working. On the Discord we have had more mods suggested, and will be implementing them in this evening. 

The server is really coming along, and the player base is really making a great community!. 

Soon to open a website for the server. 

Thanks everyone for dropping by and either having a look, or deciding on the server as your new home. Were looking forward to many more in the future :)

T

6 hours ago, Batta said:

For example, "pray as often as they like" isn't working. Faith gains are only every 20 minutes.

Sometimes that means, not limited to 5 faith gains a day from prayer; ie the number of faith gains per day are not limited beyond a 20 minute cooldown between each.

But I have also seen servers where you can literally spam prayers and gain 100-200 faith in a couple hours; ie, no cooldown on  faith gain.

So depends on what the admin's preference is, but yeah the wording is unclear. I don't think the mod is "broken," I think the expectations were unclear.

Technically you can always 'pray as often as you want', even in vanilla wurm, you just might be limited on how many a day actually give any faith gains.  

It's possible the mod has an option to clear the cooldown as well as removing the limit of 5 gains per day.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Yea I'll check the mod properties, because I want prayer and Faith gain to be as easy as possible for the players

Adjusted mod properties to 1 second, and unlimited praying and meditation.

Also added mods today with suggestions from our current players :

Announcer Mod- Server-wide player login announcement

Better Digging by BDew: - Enables actions to be performed while mounting - Allows overriding amount of clay dug per action 

Action Timers Fix by BDew: Fixes action timers for things that ignore default action timer.

Ash Produce by Ulvirala: Allows ash to instantly form in the container rather than using the clean action of the forge/kiln/smelter

Fire Burn Time by Ulvirala: Allows users to check exact burn time remaining.

Double Bulk Capacity by Ulvirala: Doubles small/large crate size to lessen constraints on building insane amounts of crates to match production due to increased action rates.

• Like 1

Great server to play on if you want to start off on a brand new server without a ridiculous number of aggressive creatures. Active discord, website is on the way. Admin runs this server well and listens to suggestions from the players for mods etc. with daily turnaround on fixes to things not working properly or unintended bugs. +1 from me.

• Like 1

Tonight we've added more mods for your entertainment- Thanks goes out to other members of the Wurm Communities, and to our own player base for suggesting these mods, and helping in the process!

Announcer Mod- Active now!
Bulk Separated by QL -- Active!
Betterdig-- Set to be on horses or in carts!
SpellCraft-- Active
MoveMod- Active
Edited by TruckerGuy

This is a really nice server. Active, helpful GM. Good balance between challenging and easy. I especially like that movemod allows us to be stronger and faster -- able to carry more, and able to get away!

Not super fond of the rift mobs, but I know that lots of people love them, so I won't whine about it. Lol

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1

@TruckerGuy

Fireburntime and AshProduce aren't working.

The other mods all seem to be working great, though.

Also, players need permissions in the Loom area, please.  Not allowed to pick things up or use the bin.  Thanks!

(Building permissions needed for every building, even if the deed permissions are set)

Oh, and we can't dig sand (or dirt) without terraforming permissions.  Probably don't really need it in town, though, and we can dig everything else.

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1

I'll get right on the building permissions and see what's bugging the mods lol, hope to have them corrected sometime today. Thanks for the positive review :)

Today we added an update to Treasure Hunting, DUSKombat, and were working on getting a CA Help channel setup for everyone!

Also added:

Affinity Orb - Grants the player a random affinity when consumed.

Enchant Orb - Can be enchanted. Can be consumed to transfer the enchant to any item.

Depth Drill - Drills a tile corner, revealing the amount of dirt until you hit rock. Beyond that, it can also locate nearby ores.

Disintegration Rod - This rod removes the configured amount of hits from any vein (no ore is provided) or instantly destroys a cave wall (like the Disintegrate spell).

Chaos Crystals - A volatile crystal that can be infused with items for a variety of outcomes. It can increase rarity, or destroy the item outright. Uses the "Artifacts" skill.

Enchanters Crystals - This crystal can adjust the enchant properties of an item. Uses the "Artifacts" skill.

Affinity Catcher - The Affinity Catcher can be used to "capture" and sell your affinities to other players or characters. You require a minimum of 3 total affinities in order to use an Affinity Catcher

Arrow Packs - Craft 40 arrows and a quiver into an arrow pack. Improve the arrow pack, then unpack to receive a quiver with 40 arrows of the QL of the arrow pack. This also transfers any enchants from the Arrow Pack to all 40 arrows

Eternal Orb - The purpose of this item is to allow players to move their runes, imbues, and enchants from one item to another. Forcing players to re-create their highly enchanted, runed, and imbued tools as a new material seems unjustified and un-fun.

Thanks to all the people who have joined and keep coming with all of these awesome mods to make the gameplay more enjoyable.!

Edited by TruckerGuy
  • Like 3

Adding new mods all the time, come check out Frym for a relaxing PVE experience with a great community. 

• Like 1

Nmv. Owner is inactive suddenly.

Edited by Devily

Server is gone. Owner just ditched everyone and lied about being hacked.

I am so sorry to hear this, it is so disappointing when a server just vanishes like that after you invest time and develop friendships. I hope you all find new, more dependable homes soon!

6 hours ago, Ayluin said:

Server is gone. Owner just ditched everyone and lied about being hacked.

Wow, this is really mean-spirited.  Servers do get hacked sometimes.  And this GM was a particularly good one.  He was very good-natured and responsive to player requests, and he worked hard to create a really nice server.  I think he deserves a lot better treatment than this.  

Servers sometimes get glitched and fall, and I feel as badly for the GM as for the players.  If he gets another one set up, I recommend that people ignore negative comments and give it a try. It is rare to find such a good GM.

• Like 1