Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Cannot care animals on deed while caged

Trying to care a cared animal on-deed with proper deed permissions.

Error messages are strange:

"The Cave wall is in the way" (also a capitalization typo there)

"The high rope fence is in the way."

Tried while on a ship and unloaded too, same effect.

Sailing it off deed caring worked as expected.

Jaz, a few of us tried to reproduce this and we could not.  

Can you try again?  Can you provide details like:  Are you a citizen of the deed?  Do you have full permissions by name on the cage?  Can anyone else care for the animal?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Cage an animal on a server

2. Sail the animal to another server (both cases were animals that never were on the target server)

3. First attempt to care is on deed, in a mine, in a cage on a knarr - failed (The Cave wall is in the way.) <- off topic error: Cave should not be capitalized

4. Second attempt to care is on deed, outside of the mine, in a cage on a knarr - failed (The low stone wall is in the way) <- no such wall on any tile nearby

5. Third attempt to care is right off the deed, outside of a mine, in a cage on a knarr - no bug. (You may not care for any more creatures right now. You are already caring for 3 creatures.)

6. Fourth attempt is back on the deed, same as 4) - no bug.

7. Back in the cave as 3) - failed. (The Reinforced cave wall is in the way.)

8. Back to 4) - no bug... so after a successful attempt outside the deed on the surface fixed it as long as not in a mine.

9. Back into the same cave, but off deed - failed.

Have full permissions on the crate, the knarr and the deed.

Thanks for the repro.  This may be because of the other issues we're having currently.  I'm hoping that this is fixed after the next server update and may bother you to try again at that time ;)  

All the following are from these days. Caged a horse on Indy, crossed to Release, moored in our harbour and unloaded the cage. Tried to 'care for' the caged horse:

[06:17:55] You finish unloading the creature cage [aged fat Lightningfantas from the "Mature Slow Knarr".
[06:18:05] The iron fence is in the way.

The harbour has iron fences around, but the iron fence was some two-tile away from ship. The ship didn't "bump" into nor touch the fence when moored.

Caged a horse, loaded cage, left the docks, on knarr. Sailing through a tunnel, I remembered to check if 'care for' works now, far away from the funny fences.

[20:04:23] The Reinforced cave wall is in the way.

The ship was sailing normally, not bumped into cave walls.

However, I also had it working, away in the sea. "Sometimes"(tm) :) 

On the other hand, ALSO far away from anything, a friend got this weird error last night. Her horse was cared for on Xanadu, and caged. Cage built by her, her ship. She crossed to Release, where the horse had never been before. Out in the sea, after crossing, she tried to 'care for'.

[00:34:48] <Elizarya> trying to care but [21:08:45] The hedge is in the way. .... I'm in the ocean
[00:35:29] <Amath> nooooo
[00:35:34] <Amath> continue, sail
[00:35:39] <Amath> and try again
[00:36:15] <Elizarya> shouldn't it say, dunno...the octopus is in the way or something? no hedge here
[00:36:32] <Amath> yeah what teh
[00:37:12] <Amath> you CAN do it though, maybe more to shore, in normal waters
[00:37:27] <Elizarya> [21:11:05] You now care specially for venerable fat Sadswift, to ensure longevity. You may care for 0 more creatures.

Edited by Anarres

Adding screenshot. Knarr is moored in the water, a timber house is on the 3rd tile from knarr. I embarked as captain and tried to 'care for' caged horse in the knarr:

[18:05:57] The timber framed double door is in the way.

Spoiler

AcAZPUF.jpg

Edited by Anarres

Loaded a horse into a cage, then a friend loaded the cage onto a ship. We then traveled from Xanadu to Independence. Upon mooring the ship on Independence and unloading the cage, attempting to care for the horse got me this message:

[16:40:16] The low stone wall is in the way.

There was no low stone wall anywhere in the vicinity. Logging out for /lotime did not help. I was able to properly unload the horse from the cage, then care for it.

As far as I know, the horse had never been to Independence before, but I can't guarantee that.

Thank you for reporting this, I've added it to the list :)