So I have my own server to be a hermit in, and after deeding I made myself a mine. It was a terrible mine and took me days to find any iron, but yesterday I finally did it. Now I shut down my server when I'm not using it, and I'm the only player. Today I started up my server again, and after doing a bit of smithing I turned around to see ABSOLUTE CHAOS. My mine entrance had collapsed, but in a way I've never seen before! It had turned into a massive pit, hitting the water table below. Now I've (hopefully) fixed the terraforming with my GM so I can get mining again, but what on earth happened? Why did my mine collapse by itself like this? Is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again?

9nzAHmh.jpg

RhDwSUe.jpg

D7R3PQt.jpg

Ok, after a long time of terraforming the hard way, I decided to start opening the mine again. I clicked tunnel ONCE. And this happened.

UoisNTT.jpg

rZz0kzJ.jpg

Sb8eOf8.jpg

WHAT.

• Like 1

May be an improver server shut down corrupted the mine layer file.

Looks like you have some cliff tiles rather than rock.  Mining cliffs is bad, I did it once

On 1/20/2019 at 10:18 AM, olafhairybreeks said:

Why did my mine collapse by itself like this? Is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again?

This can happen if you did anything with the GM wand to start the mine, for example magically turning the dirt to rock.  

I've also seen it when a GM used the #setheight command on rock before opening a mine, or in any way used GM powers to alter the landscape (other than fast digging or mining with the wand).

If none of these apply, maybe they'll give someone else a clue what might have happened.

Before the whole disaster, the only GM thing I'd done was making a guard tower. I have had the server startup thing crash when I've been trying to shut it down, fairly regularly in fact. Is that likely to have caused some corruption?

Ok, it's worse than I thought! After a lot of experimentation, with a GM and with a normal toon, I have discovered that I have somehow completely borked mining on this server. I've tried opening several in different places, and I always either get " The mountainside would risk crumbling. You cannot tunnel here", " The topology here makes it impossible to mine in a good way" or a huge hole that I can't do anything with. I visited a small mine near Winkshir that I made when I first started, and that had collapsed into a hole too. I'm now at the point of considering starting over in a fresh server, but I don't really want to considering the progress I have made with this toon. Is there anything I can do to rectify it? Or is Loaf's Land doomed?