Sign in to follow this  
Firecat

Remove /who from PvP servers

18 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

I don't have any opinion to give on /who as it's not going to change anything and only opens up more loopholes that need to be plugged to have any effect and it ultimately boils down to player mentality, but as I always say every time this comes up, having it purely based on sounds is really bad.  Aside from the obvious where people play with sounds off or listen to music, some people like myself don't hear as well as other people do so it would pretty much solidify never returning to pvp in wurm ever.  Shouldn't need to turn my sound up to 11 so passing a crocodile causes it to growl and burst my ear drums in order to pvp

I am not a fan of ingame sounds as you know from threads I've made in the past maybe? 

I also generally don't have sounds on, sometimes I even pvp without them. Not sure what else can be done but having /who and local showing people in it just ruins the mood for a lot of people.

remove /who, server status and make the mrtg thing delayed by like, a week or something for pvp servers

+1 if anything add it to a kingdom rank with a cool down or something.

Edited by user

9 hours ago, Niki said:

I have to agree a lot of people are just upset with the recent events maybe? I personally think this a good thread maybe just bad timing for it. The meta-gamy aspects of pvp are biggest reason why no one hardly plays on chaos and it's difficult to recruit new players. Things like /who and local and hell even locate spell should be removed. The current pvp game mechanics become super easy to metagame because of these tools. It actively prevents roaming because people spam locates when the population rises above 50.

Let's take a look at Rust or Pubg, sound effects should be the only tool you have against possible pvp in any scenario.

The best pvp is facing the unknown and the rush of that imho.

It's not bad timing , it's a suggestion I don't agree with, also "The meta-gamy aspects of pvp are biggest reason why no one hardly plays on chaos and it's difficult to recruit new players." is just plain false.

Also Chaos population is higher than it's been for a long while.

Edited by Sn00

Removing /who is not going to change anything. People who dont want or dare to roam are not affected by it already in the current state. They will always find reasons not to roam, the more, if they already use this information, if you take that away the chances they still going to get out are even lowered. It would be countereffective.

• Like 1

+1 to OP. Not sure about removing local. As I understand it, removing local allows cheating, because enemy players will be rendered in local anyhow, the client knows they're there, and a mod can be added to alert players whenever the client sees an enemy.