Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Why gorilla is an animal of Magranon?

Probably gorilla = mountain, mountain = Magranon (in somebody's eyes). When I think of gorillas I think of the term "mountain gorilla," dunno why. Perhaps the model of gorilla that Rolf was able to get his hands on, just happened to be the mountain gorilla variety... (edit: wiki suggests "yes")

Diety animals also tend to be a rare spawn as well as a slightly tougher spawn, and bulls are probably wanted as a "common" spawn that are relatively easy for newbies to fight or use for carts, or to use in breeding their cows. 

I am not sure why boars and anacondas are "relatively" easy to find on Freedom Isles (not "common" but not all that rare; I seem to always be running into anacondas) while gorillas and hyenas simply do not exist there (though I have heard gorillas existed at one time on Freedom just incredibly rare) , unless those species are just seen as too "exotic" for a "medieval europe" type environment.  Or, perhaps there is some LORE reason for Mol Rehan to be more 'aggressive" in nature, so those were tied more closely together.   I likewise am not sure why Fo has a non-aggressive diety animal while Vynora's is aggressive. I can only imagine at the time that Rolf invented these diety animal details, he just had so much other content to work on that less details like those seemed a low priority issue, OR they have pvp-based lore issues behind the choices. Freedom Isles afterall was somewhat an afterthought to the game, coming as it did after Rolf decided to suddenly make pve settlements raidable by pvp on the old home servers and all the ensuing drama from THAT decision.

Perhaps when devs revisted "priests" they should have also reconsidered the role of deity animals.  

edit: I did find this previous discussion about whether to allow gorillas to spawn on Freedom servers

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

An Auroch could be an interesting animal for Mag. :) Fits the "medieval europe" landscape better, and presumably wouldn't be a wimpy creature.

• Like 1

Gorillas are powerful, and Magranon's sphere of influence is power. I guess.

Relevant:

More seriously though, bulls are a domestic animal and very common, whereas the god/kingdom specific animals are meant to be rare, unable to be tamed, and so forth.

Edited by Ostentatio