My top games..

1. ESO

2. Life is Feudal YO (Not the MMO)

3. Dawn of Man (newer strategy game)

4. Camelot Unchained (Alpha/Beta) going to be amazing

5. Atlast

6. BDO (Black Desert online)

7. Bless online (least fav) but I still play it off and on

my fav (might n magic 6 )   7 . 8  / sim city / civilization sid mears  one / the sims / morrowind / defender /astroides

Edited by christopher

1. RimWorld
  2. Mount & Blade
  3. CS 1.6 (scoutsknivez only)
  4. Chivalry
  5. SA:MP (Godfather RP Server)
  6. Stronghold Kingdoms
  7. Factorio
  8. Planet Side 2
  9. Sid Meier's Civilization V
  10. Assassin Creed: Black Flag

Everyone who suggested Mount & Blade Warband, you're terrible people and you should feel bad.  And this is why we can't have nice unicorns!

• Like 1

Started with a Timex "computer" playing a flight sim

Evolved to an 8088 and player a star trek free ware sim don't remember the name it was back in the late '80's.

Moved to a SX 486 and played Wing Commander until I discovered Panzer General 2  It was one of the first modable games

After that

Pharaoh & Cleopatra

Civ 3

Discovered Morrowind & jumped down the Elder Scrolls rabbit hole.  I still love the music.  Hard to believe that was sixteen years ago.

Knocked around with a lot of city builders & RTS games.  Shout out to Mass Effect series. 

My first online game was Granado Espada then I went to Eve.

I stumbled onto Wurm reading a review by a guy who was hung up about making pottery bowls.  HMM I might like making pottery bowls.  Loved the tutorial on Golden Valley.  Their were people that stayed in the wood cutting section for days lol.  The server choice back then was Indy or Chaos and being a fledgling potter I choose Indy.  Next favorite game was the Pristine release I still remember Lisabet riding up and saving me when the spider targeted my horse and killed it (or did I accidentally target it?).  

Interesting to see Entropia listed couple of times, definitely only game that actually matches Wurm. 

-Community very similar

-Has been losing players for the past 4 years

-Grind Grind Grind

Doom  ealy 90s
10six -awesome pvp , even logging in was an event, almost a party. the original, its now called Project Visitor and patched to unrecognizable levels now
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines -very immersive and you could be the kind of vampire you wanted to be and you could mod it
Elder Scrolls -the standalones not the online
Fallouts -the 1st person ones, not isometric
Deus Ex -all of them
Gran Turismo -the first 2
Ultima Online -when you had options before the ninja stuff and delucia and luna etc
Wulfram -quick and hectic pvp
Neocron -sci fi mmo
Anarchy Online -another sci fi mmo
WoW -the early versions
Perfect World International -played many asian mmos, this one was the best of them imho second to that for me was
Silk Road Online -the grind was real
Splinter Cells -"ill just shoot the guards from inside the air vents"
Thief -"its not pve stop trying, its pvcoins"
Shadow of the Colosus -only game that has made me feel like an insect and a giant repeatedly and within seconds of each other, not to mention the storyline
Shadowbane -mmo, pvp, 3d, it was revolutionary in its time

im sure im missing a few but i think i went over the 10 already so sorry about that.
top favorite on this list for me 10six

So, to add to my previous list.  

Lately I've been playing two games that I never thought I would, just for some variety.  Both are complete polar opposites of Wurm so no competition, of course. :)

DDO, Dungeons and Dragons Online.  Wow, talk about complex.  I'm still playing it for now but not sure how much longer.  It takes a math major and spreadsheet expert to plan out your character, I've got pages and pages of "notes" on my desk.  It's saturated with micro transactions in the store but unlike most p2w games, none of the content itself is actually gated behind any of the micro transactions with the exception of expansions.  For someone like me, that's ok though because I'm content not having the super-uber, ultimate character and can simply enjoy the content.  I must say that the stories and atmosphere in the dungeons and wilderness areas beyond the starter areas are first class and I'm enjoying it very much so far.  Just not sure how long I'll be able to continue enjoying it without an "optimized" character once I get to higher levels. lol.

Final Fantasy XIV online.   About to drop this one.  At first I was very impressed with the story line and immersion.  Very well done.  Good community for the most part, packed servers, hardly ever a time seeing less than 10 people on your screen even out in the wilds, 25+ in towns.  Fun gameplay, engaging crafting & gathering, overall feel-good atmosphere.  Subscription model with cosmetic micro transactions, but thankfully I only bought the $20 starter pack  which takes you up to level 80, all content included, and it came with 30 days free sub.   I was extremely happy with the game and thinking I'd probably be sticking with it for a while, until....... I hit level 15 and discovered to my disgust that while most of it can be played solo, at certain levels in the main story line you are required to group up with others to progress the story line.  If you don't have a group, the game assigns a group of others.  Without advancing the Main story line, which is combat & forced grouping at certain key points, you cannot join, or advance in, the Grand Company (local militia), which is in turn required to advance further in the game or be eligible for housing.  lol.   Welp, scratch that one off my list.  lol

In no particular order:

Rimworld

Space Engineers - Alot of fun with the exploration enhancement mod (and friends)

Witcher 3 - Still haven't completed it after 3 years. So many great side-quests. Really packed with content!

Kerbal Space Program

TES: Oblivion

Battlefield 3/4 - BF1 isn't half bad, but nowhere near as good as the previous.

Warframe

Civ IV or V

Oxygen Not Included

Factorio

Path of Exile

Minecraft - Especially with mods like IndustrialCraft 2 or Thermal Expansion

Already over 10 games. :P

Edited by syncaidius

1. Civilization 5

2. Age of Empires 2

3. Roller Coaster Tycoon

4. Grim Dawn

5. Distant Worlds: Universe

6. Transport Tycoon

7. Warcraft (RTS or early MMO)

8. Anno 1602

9. Sid Meier's Alpha Centari

10. BattleForge

• Like 1

no particular order:

TES Daggerfall-> to eso online

baldurs gate

Harvestmoon series

archage

terra

wow

tale in the desert

no man sky

Nautilus

my life in portia

1.Apex Legends

2.wurm online

3. CS GO

4.world of tanks

5.World of warcraft

6.Euro truck simulation (ET2)

7.********

8.********

9.********

10.******

On 5/6/2019 at 2:33 AM, Griffith said:

Silk Road Online -the grind was real

That was a blast to play especially on private servers. Was main game for me before wurm..

days gone . outlast . sinking city . scum. rim world. state of decay2. little nightmares. silent hill 3. a way out. breath edge.. white day a labyrinth . green hell. pineview drive   (.remothered tormented fathers).   life is  strange. dead or alive xtreme 3 .the forest , the vanishing of ethan carter . the isle . amnesia the dark descent . love them all grafics on some.( dayz my fav atm)

Edited by christopher