Sign in to follow this  
Votip

Wurm window doesn't want to appear

There is an active process in task manager but launcher window is not visible.

uXo5DjD.png

If killing the process in task manager and relaunching does not fix it, try restarting the computer. That should kill off any garbled gunk messing up in memory.

2 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

If killing the process in task manager and relaunching does not fix it, try restarting the computer. That should kill off any garbled gunk messing up in memory.

doesnt work, tried it few times.

also running Wurm as an admin doesnt help

Do you have multiple monitors?  Have you made any major change to screen resolutions or graphics/monitor hardware which could cause the window to appear "off screen"?

Are you able to access using an alternate client like the low memory client: http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_lowmem.jnlp

Does it show up on your taskbar at the bottom even if it does not appear on screen? If it appears on the taskbar, can you try holding SHIFT while right-clicking the icon and select MAXIMIZE?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

8 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Do you have multiple monitors?  Have you made any major change to screen resolutions or graphics/monitor hardware which could cause the window to appear "off screen"?

Are you able to access using an alternate client like the low memory client: http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_lowmem.jnlp

Does it show up on your taskbar at the bottom even if it does not appear on screen? If it appears on the taskbar, can you try holding SHIFT while right-clicking the icon and select MAXIMIZE?

1. no

2. I will try later

3. It show up on a taskbar for one/two seconds, and it disappears

Same issue with low memory client.

I have updated Java ofc.

Edited by Votip

17 hours ago, Votip said:

3. It show up on a taskbar for one/two seconds, and it disappears

I think that is considered then a "crash to desktop" issue (though I am not sure why it would stay in task manager). 

When you updated Java. which java was it to? (Wurm won't work with java9/10).  My first guess is going to be, this is on a computer that has both NVidia (or radeon) PLUS low power Intel graphics, and when Java was updated it likely changed the path, while you had NVidia control panel (or Radeon) pointing to the prior java path. Your graphic settings meantime may not have been "intel friendly" so it crashed... maybe. Maybe not. If you do not have "switchable" graphics with intel at all, then that theory goes out the window so jump to the next option. If you DO have "switchable" graphics (usually its a laptop, with intel for powersaving, plus a gaming graphics) then there are various ways to fix the issue. One is to tell the laptop to always use the high powered gaming card, the other is to redirect in the graphics control panel to the new location of the java files. I forget whether it is javaws.exe or javaw.exe, I will go look it up...

My next guess is going to be, that when you updated java you accidentally installed both 32 and 64 bit java. Wurm really really hates 32-bit java but for some reason if it has the choice of both it seems to go for 32-bit. The fix is usually to completely uninstall 32-bit, and to use MANUAL OFFLINE install for 64-bit: https://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=236888_42970487e3af4f5aa5bca3f542482c60

Or if you prefer to use the Java.com link, make sure it is the OFFLINE/64 version on this page: https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp (points to the same download)

edit also: maybe check this thread also:

-------------------------

Finally, see if you can find and post from your wurm folder any error logs such as the most recently dated copy of any hs.err.pid files, and console.charactername. Open in notepad and copy paste the entire contents here. That way devs can see what the exact error is, so we won;t have to guess as much.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors