Sign in to follow this  
bolero3232

been away

I don't remember how to find my server, or how to create a new server. It's been a few years since I've played.

Is this for Wurm Online (official servers with free client and a monthly paid subscription), or for the steam based Wurm Unlimited (purchased software but no subscription/player-run servers)

If it is for Wurm Online and you did NOT have a premium account at some point, they do not keep the "free" accounts past 90 days if they have never been premium. You would need to know some information such as EMAIL, CHARACTER NAME etc to be able to recover previous login information. Don't post that info here, just let us know if this applies to you, you'll need to email the GMs for help. See here for more information on recovering an old account.  For a brand new character, you simply need to download the client (try the PLAY button here) and register for a new character name. 

If it is for the STEAM version, you can easily create a new character by launching through steam and selecting any server to log into.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I've played both versions. Is the official version still a subscription?

I've started the Steam version today and started a private server. I've never had much luck playing with other people, I usually get left in an abandoned village.

The only server that worked well for me was with a guy named Nunatuk. He was great. That must have been on the Wurm Online server.

Thanks Brash

3 hours ago, bolero3232 said:

The only server that worked well for me was with a guy named Nunatuk. He was great. That must have been on the Wurm Online server.

That was apparently at Crater View village on Indy server :

That was 2014 but apparently he still plays there as Nunatak (forum name eftet) 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

All of the official WO servers are free to play with a skill cap of 20, but require a monthly sub to get more than 20 in any skills. 

Ahh yes I remember that. Thanks Brash. That's why I quit playing there. Maybe I'll re-evaluate this.