Yaga

Deliverance historical maps

For all you archaeologists, veterans and nostalgics: I dug into my old files and records and found some old community maps.

Deliverance was born more than 7 years ago, on the 7th September 2011. The maps I uncovered nicely show the evolution of our lovely island over the years. Have fun!

September 2011:

Spoiler

giTgxOG.jpg

November 2011:

Spoiler

LqZVdnu.jpg

May 2012:

Spoiler

djE57PT.jpg

December 2012:

Spoiler

5lgmucN.jpg

June 2013:

Spoiler

TaWtnPz.jpg

December 2013:

Spoiler

ncbxaeF.jpg

July 2014:

Spoiler

tPAZ16E.jpg

June 2015:

Spoiler

ACE8e82.jpg

June 2016:

Spoiler

wepS9Zf.png

April 2017:

Spoiler

EueurQg.jpg

February 2019:

Spoiler

8sUyV1q.png

(Unfortunately I could not find a map dated 2018. Maybe one of you can help.)

• Like 24

this is awesome to look through. I really wish someone had these of Exodus

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 9:10 AM, Nicrolis said:

I have one from 6/12/2016

Thank you very much. That's June 2016, right? (I'll never get used to the US way of writing dates, lol)

thanks Yaga , makes me want to log on and ride , look and see .

• Like 2

im almost offended that you thanked Nicrolis and nobody else.

1 hour ago, Tpikol said:

im almost offended that you thanked Nicrolis and nobody else.

If you look at the previous posts in this thread you'll see that I coudn't find a map for 2016 in my records. Nicrolis was able to help out and provided the "June 2016" version. Hence the acknowledgement :) (It has nothing to do with previous map authors or map managers, who deserve our thanks nonetheless!)

When cleaning up my desk today I found a real gem! I thought the oldest Deli map we have is from November 2011 - BUT I found a paper copy of the very first map made by Darkmalice, probably in late September 2011. Please note how inaccurate the coastlines were and how small the number of deeds was in those first days!

Here it is:

giTgxOG.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you for this Yaga!! 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, Yaga said:

Please note how inaccurate the coastlines were and how small the number of deeds was in those first days!

The Sanctuary was created on day 1! There she be south of Green Dog with my nearest neighbor east, New Darkhold by Validate a week or so later. Some more were created on the north side of Green Dog too around this time and I see the north shore with none listed that were created on server opening by those who sailed over.

A pretty crude map yes but a valiant effort to travel all around the coast to get an impression of the newest unknown lands created within the game after Independence. A fun and exciting time to be around to see the server develop from those untouched landscapes, with many areas filled with trees to squeeze through to travel slowly to points beyond.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I just *have* to share this.

I found a very old forum post (in another forum) with this self-made map of center/southeast Deli, dated September 16, 2011:

D7PKNu5.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yaga said:

I found a very old forum post (in another forum) with this self-made map of center/southeast Deli, dated September 16, 2011:

D7PKNu5.png

Oooh!

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 7:52 PM, Yaga said:

When cleaning up my desk today I found a real gem! I thought the oldest Deli map we have is from November 2011 - BUT I found a paper copy of the very first map made by Darkmalice, probably in late September 2011. Please note how inaccurate the coastlines were and how small the number of deeds was in those first days!

Here it is:

giTgxOG.jpg

ooh look at that, east coast. Vulcan Retreat used to be called New Ultimarus, years later i renamed Indigus (my deed, around the corner), to Trinsic.
how canny
Not entirely sure why i chose to honour ultima when i renamed the deed, the impulse was almost fleeting.
my processing was mostly spent on deciding which town to name it after.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

This is interesting: I found a map dump on the webs which apparently shows the "original" Deliverance. (Unfortunately it has some deeds and roads drawn on it, but otherwise it seems to be pristine - no pun intended ;) )

67kHsTM.png

• Like 1

I have been looking for these for ages! Time to fuel my nostalgia and get sad about all my friends that have long since stopped playing! Thanks Yaga!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 10:51 PM, Yaga said:

This is interesting: I found a map dump on the webs which apparently shows the "original" Deliverance. (Unfortunately it has some deeds and roads drawn on it, but otherwise it seems to be pristine - no pun intended ;) )

dont know where you got that one but its clearly a work in progress of my first deliverance template, i am the only one who saved copies of the old map dumps?

anyway i have the original with no marks on it still on my dropbox. and on full size, thats why i had to use dropbox, other places didnt allow me to keep the full size.

Deliverance.png

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 3

wow seeing my first deli deed new darkhold just south of green dog. and then a few years later seeing all 7 deeds i had.  why did i have that many.  i think all had traders.  

On 6/6/2019 at 3:18 AM, Yaga said:

Question about this map. Might be stupid. Why where these maps put out back in the day? Was this before even a road infrastructure was in place so a lot of people would get lost having to travel through the wild? It kind of weird to think about having to navigate a server like this without roads. Someone puts out a recommended route from point a to point b and then as people begin to travel that the route gets shorts as people find and publish shortcuts. The more the routes evolve we get the modern day infrastructure of roads we have today. Really cool to look back on.