Sign in to follow this  
marcaozera

Problem opening a mine

I've been trying to open a mine for days, but I always dig towards the slope I want it to be, but it's on the contrary, I want to open it and leave the ramp to go down, and instead it opens to the back. Is there a way to rotate this block?

I'm not certain I entirely grasp what you mean by "it opens to the back", but there is no way to rotate a mine opening. If there is open space behind whatever tile you're mining on, it will open to that space when you mine it out. 

For example. I want to open the mine entrance to the north, only instead of opening it to my front, it opens to the South, and not the open walls, because I'm digging a tunnel

it will always open from the lowest point and up. what direction you are facing does not matter, the slope of the rock tiles matter. So if you want it to open the other way. you'll have to dig all the surrounding tiles to rock, and then surface mine the corners, so that the tile slopes the other way.

• Like 1

Oh I understood, so no matter the direction that dig, and yes the height of stone tiles. Thank you. I'm planing around

1 hour ago, Cenotaph said:

it will always open from the lowest point and up. what direction you are facing does not matter, the slope of the rock tiles matter. So if you want it to open the other way. you'll have to dig all the surrounding tiles to rock, and then surface mine the corners, so that the tile slopes the other way.

Good information. I had wondered about this, too.

yes it's all about the slope, that's 1 of the reasons i did one tile mining mod  ?