Sign in to follow this  
ftoz

Wurm blockchain structure

Hi, i am amazed by steemit and its blockchain structure. Its great work and every people here has its own role and is reward by it. Seem its future of coding. I would ask if wurm developers plan to switch to blockchian structure and became first game on market to do. By its structure wurm is similar, but on low level coding and philosophy wurm is little scrap.

I have no idea how this would work or what it has to do with programming.

EDIT: I looked up Steemit, and it seems like they use a blockchain structure to store content, and award chuck e. cheese tokens to users? I honestly don't know what any of this has to do with game development or programming.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

What does any of this have to do with wurm and how would using blockchain even benefit us as users?

• Like 1

Seem like wurm now stuck on market, new people have no more opportunity to earn something and old have problem sell. If y look on steem, people can earn something on comments, on articles, on coding. there is new opportunity to reward more kind of work. Here many peoples work background like voluntary coder, graphic, gm. A what they have for? Good feeling? Yee, maybe some time they hold, but in future they probably leave for something better. If this forum can switch to blockchain structure, it give chance to news earn on helping solve bugs, spread new ideas with opportunity earn something and add own work to community.

If your suggestion is to reward people for volunteering, reporting bugs, and otherwise contributing:

1. That doesn't have anything to do with the game's code.
  2. It already is done, at least in some ways.
  3. Blockchain is not necessary for any of it, especially with such a close-knit community. If you want particular rewards, like silver or something else, to be given out for various things, it would probably be more helpful to say what sort of rewards should be given for what sort of contributions; whether it's implemented through blockchain or something else doesn't really matter, and I don't see the advantage blockchain would provide here.
  • Like 1