Sign in to follow this  
Wiluss

Claiming/abandon vehicle/item option

I think we could use abandon vehicle in permision option.
If we dont need cart or ships so we just abandon it and than any player can come and claim it to become a new owner.

We could use this option to sell ships or carts and other items on market using gates, merchants and keys.

We could just abandon usless items to be free to take.

Another idea is to auto abandon any permision item that owner is not online for about 6 moths.

Edited by Wiluss

Interesting idea, I do believe something could be done in this area, and would like to see it addressed in some way. 

I have had numerous locations where I wanted to deed but there have been abandoned ships scattered there which ruin the view and are just "in the way", 

not sure what returning players would feel like if something was done to them, but it's at the point where we have an abandoned wagon in the middle of a lake because someone decided to dredge and expand to make a canal. 

Many could make use of these if only the locks would "decay" and allow them to attach a new one and become owner. Rather than just waiting for the day they decay completely. 

Any solution would have to be implemented in a way which didn't ruin the game for players who took a break, 3-6 months etc.. 

but if their entire deed has decayed and gone, why not the ships too?

I'm not sure if the rules are still in effect, but there used to be salvage conditions allowing someone to take ownership of abandoned boats. If I recall correctly there was a sub-forum specifically for it. 

16 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

I'm not sure if the rules are still in effect, but there used to be salvage conditions allowing someone to take ownership of abandoned boats. If I recall correctly there was a sub-forum specifically for it. 

Lol that ship has sailed long ago.

I totally agree that abandoned vehicles needs to be tackled with. I very much like the benefit of automated sale of them (although to be fair it could be achieved much more elegant with writs of ownership made on paper with ink that can be sold on merchant and used to reclaim vehicle). On another handed I have some wagons scattered on servers that I occasionally use for hunting and hauling corpses back to knarr, those may seem abandoned to someone but I sure wouldn't like them to be messed with, if they ever create problem I would gladly repark them on condition I am notified about it.

I also think that we need to make more use for lockpicking skill on pve and this could be one of the opportunities for it, like when user haven't logged in for very long time faster decay rule applies like for houses and once it's over 70-90 dmg it could be lockpicked.

Also tip for the OP, if some ships or vehicles are in the way of your deed plans I belive you can contact GM's and they would relocate the culprits somewhere near where they are not in the way :)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Wiluss said:

Another idea is to auto abandon any permision item that owner is not online for about 6 moths.

-1, absolutely not.

13 hours ago, Vaelir said:

Many could make use of these if only the locks would "decay" and allow them to attach a new one and become owner. Rather than just waiting for the day they decay completely. 

This, I feel is a, VERY good idea. The skill of lockmaking currently is useless on freedom.          Why not have locks follow the same decay rules as most everything else? Have it decay off deed, but u can repair it anytime. And higher ql locks decay slower.