Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Message for animals stop leading due to walls/etc

A message different from the default "you stop leading the x" for when whatever's being led gets stuck on the corner of a wall/door and stops leading, maybe something like "x's lead gets snagged on the wooden house wall and is ripped from your grasp" so you actually know what the problem is instead of trying to figure out why your horse that's desynced 10 tiles away suddenly decided to stop

or like, make them follow your movements better so they don't try to run through walls like morons

• Like 8

Good idea. I lost a lot of time searching for animals because I missed the messages. I'd love for them to maybe actually be a different color in the events tab so we see them when we unlead without wanting to.

• Like 1

Or flash on the screen too. I found myself hundred times of going back to retrace my steps after I figured I lost animal 15 minutes ago

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Or flash on the screen too. I found myself hundred times of going back to retrace my steps after I figured I lost animal 15 minutes ago

This is a great idea if path-finding issues make a better solution impossible. Losing an animal is extremely pertinent information, unlike the presence of beehives that hardly anyone gives a toss about by this point.

2 hours ago, kochinac said:

+1 to the flash on screen if not "stop leading" selected by the player. 

Trying to remember which corner of wall the horse is stuck on is irritating!

+1 

I spent an hour running down through tunnels to the shore with horses for a wagon just to discover I had stopped leading them at the entrance to the caves - resulting in me having to run an hour and a half back up, and grab them again. Please put an end to that!

• Like 1

Is there any reason why animals being lead should ever stop being lead? My preference is that the animals never stop being lead in the first place.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

Is there any reason why animals being lead should ever stop being lead? My preference is that the animals never stop being lead in the first place.  

This

• Like 1