Sign in to follow this  
tamat

quit all afk systems

so the official reason of new fishing system is quit afk system. quit everything other afk systems, yes this is a game about timers, timers make you go afk most of the time, specially long timers like leveling in high slopes. quit them. No more timers!
We dont need queue of actions, because also is a type of afk system!
Also fighting is a afk system too, let us click for swing and guard/parry!

• Like 2

Yes to let's click for swings and guard!!! and maybe let me aim my own arrows?

• Like 3

Your definition of AFK seems a bit off compared to most peoples.

There is a slight difference between being able to throw out a line and then go afk (Physically away from the keyboard) for 10 minutes and queuing a few actions mining or digging while doing other stuff at the computer.

Even leveling actions like you bring up have other limiting factors to how long you can keep it up.

58 minutes ago, tamat said:

timers make you go afk most of the time

Speak for yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kvisto said:

Your definition of AFK seems a bit off compared to most peoples.

There is a slight difference between being able to throw out a line and then go afk (Physically away from the keyboard) for 10 minutes and queuing a few actions mining or digging while doing other stuff at the computer.

Even leveling actions like you bring up have other limiting factors to how long you can keep it up.

Speak for yourself.

is the same, you get the same resources at end, one fish, one shard, one dirt/clay/tar, and dont have the stupid click game that not works most of the time or stools get high damage...
leveling is even worse than fishing you can level until ranout of stamina or have the tile full, what happens first, also no minigame for start...

old fishing system was literally so afk you'd get bot checks because there was no actual imput apart from pressing keys, afking for 15 minutes, and clearing inventory/repairing every hour. leveling and flattening gives massively reduced skillgain, don't produce anything of value, and can be done in 1/3 the time if you mine normally so its not really a fair comparison

2 hours ago, Mykoal said:

and maybe let me aim my own arrows?

that actually sounds awesome no joke

• Like 1

The slower pace and ability to not have to pay 100% attention to the screen is what sets Wurm apart from other MMOs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tamat said:

is the same, you get the same resources at end, one fish, one shard, one dirt/clay/tar

The difference is that with fishing you would get skill ticks during the whole timer, not once per action, with no other limiting factors such as running out of stamina.

Other then that this is a good summary:

37 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

old fishing system was literally so afk you'd get bot checks because there was no actual imput apart from pressing keys, afking for 15 minutes, and clearing inventory/repairing every hour. leveling and flattening gives massively reduced skillgain, don't produce anything of value, and can be done in 1/3 the time if you mine normally so its not really a fair comparison

6 hours ago, tamat said:

...Also fighting is a afk system too, let us click for swing and guard/parry!...

+1 to this.

6 hours ago, Mykoal said:

Yes to let's click for swings and guard!!! and maybe let me aim my own arrows?

+111 MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

• Like 3

We get it, you don't like the fishing system update. I honestly doubt knee-jerking, using hyperbole for days, and similar responses will magically make the devs decide to revert the old fishing system for you.

Mount&Blade style combat would actually be cool, but this is obviously not a serious suggestion thread.

• Like 2

i like it so much when freedomers think they can make fighting suggestions. It's cute

• Like 2

On 1/13/2019 at 7:40 AM, Gladiator said:

i like it so much when freedomers think they can make fighting suggestions. It's cute

actually freedomers fight more than pvpers, and at least not attacking who cant defend with an knarr full of alts

5 hours ago, tamat said:

actually freedomers fight more than pvpers, and at least not attacking who cant defend with an knarr full of alts

Fighting in GL is real combat, sod these Epic/Chaos players, thinking they know real PvP

Edited by Madnath