Sign in to follow this  
Benguin

Automatically stop targeting practice dolls when their damage is too high

It seems like a really silly mechanic to have practice dolls for training which can't withstand training for more than a minute (at low levels no less..)

IMO it would be better if, on a successful hit roll which would destroy the doll, it said something like "Noticing the doll's condition, you rethink giving it another whack." and waited for you to repair it.

A side benefit to this is that you could then actually queue actions after practising, e.g., practice > repair > practice.

Or alternatively, it'd be nice if at least status events would be shown while practising

[20:59:16] You cut a practice doll very lightly in the left thigh.
[20:59:20] You cut a practice doll very lightly in the left thigh. The doll is fairly beaten up.

[20:59:16] You cut a practice doll very lightly in the left thigh.

[20:59:24] You cut a practice doll very lightly in the left thigh. The doll is nearly falling to pieces.

[20:59:28] You cut a practice doll very lightly in the left thigh.

[20:59:32] A practice doll crumbles to dust.

What do you guys think? Is there a good reason that perfectly good practice dolls need to die just because their quality is low?

• Like 5

+1 Especially since many use them only on occasion and otherwise as decorations.

+1

And I don't know if Haven has any, but I've seen a few wu servers that have practice dolls in their starter towns and think it's a great idea. Very useful for starting players.  Of course being wu, a lot of those don't take any damage at all so they don't have to be constantly replaced but I'm sure something like this suggestion, where they need to be repaired would be beneficial as well.  Would teach the concept of repairing along with gaining fs.

I don't take find practice dolls much usefull, they help you only untill 20 skill right? Much efficient to get CoC/LT weapon and kill wolves and bears around I would say, I personally never used them. In regard to that I would like them rather to be more usefull, maybe a doll enchanted with courier could raise that cap (spirits inhabitating it make it fight much harder). Also would like to see that ql is connected to that cap which would create demand for very high ql dolls and need to reimp them