Sign in to follow this  
Kawdzo

Change to Dragon Spawn Rates to Reflect Server Pop

I Sincerely think that the spawn rate of dragon's and other uniques should be in line with the average population of each server. 

I just think it is ridiculous that the same amount of Unique's spawn on Release and Pristine as Xan and Indy. 

Thanks for reading, 

• Like 2

A valid point made and I understand the logic behind your suggestion.  

Even though I myself am not a hunter, I feel that the hunts do encourage exploration, cross-server travel, team work ' interaction and stimulate the economy. They also help non-fighting players like me to earn small amounts of hide and make potions from simply attending events.

Wow, really? That is not a thing already? <--- Still figuring some things out.
+1

Does it really matter?  90% of uniques are found, penned and slain by people that live on a different server.

• Like 2

Maybe instead of server population the spawn rate of uniques could be increased and done based upon the " server size ".

Or maybe that you can only hunt the uniques on the server you were a citizen on it when it spawned... Maybe not all will be slayed by the same group over and over.

• Like 1

I dont think there is an easy fix to having the same group penning all the uniques. I mean they do put the time and effort into it as well. More than most of us. This to me just might level the playing field a bit. 

If we were to base it on pop, the majority of the dragons would spawn on xan and indy making it alot harder for one group to dominate all.

Edited by Kawdzo
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Challenge said:

Maybe instead of server population the spawn rate of uniques could be increased and done based upon the " server size ".

more uniques roaming unhabited areas of xana?

22 hours ago, Willslaphansien said:

Or maybe that you can only hunt the uniques on the server you were a citizen on it when it spawned... Maybe not all will be slayed by the same group over and over.

2s alts for drain drops...?

1 hour ago, tamat said:

more uniques roaming unhabited areas of xana?

2s alts for drain drops...?

But you need a skilled alt to find it and trap it...? Im not so familiar with uniques hunting, just thinking loud :)

can pen one with fresh spawns, i've done it in the past. just a matter of mailing the rewards to your main after doesn't really change "off-server poaching" or whatever the kids that don't leave deed to hunt call it

+1 to the idea

6 hours ago, Willslaphansien said:

But you need a skilled alt to find it and trap it...? Im not so familiar with uniques hunting, just thinking loud :)

Nah can pen it with non prem even. 

• Like 1