Sign in to follow this  
Palgolak

WU server name

Is "Fags" an acceptable name for a WU server? In Britain it can mean cigarettes, but there is another, offensive meaning, of course.

Before this server appeared, there was one (the same one?) called Fags Only.

I messaged Wurm staff twice about this, but have never had a reply.

TTU65ys.jpg

59 minutes ago, Palgolak said:

I messaged Wurm staff twice about this, but have never had a reply.

It is not like that Wurm staff could do anything against it. You could easily add servers with any name you like no matter what, without much possibilities for them to hide them.

Edited by Sklo:D

Well, I did wonder if that might be so. Still, they could have written back to say "Sorry, we can't help" or "Try complaining to Steam".

However, I suspect that servers with other offensive names - say, antisemitic or racist ones - would vanish fairly quickly.

27 minutes ago, Palgolak said:

However, I suspect that servers with other offensive names - say, antisemitic or racist ones - would vanish fairly quickly.

I doubt that. You need to get a complain about the IP address to the govermental authorities, depending from which country the IP address is from it could take a months to years until that server is taken down. So you can almost do anything you want in the server browser.

The only way to do that quicker is an IP / name filter implemented in the client, but that is not the case atm.

Edited by Sklo:D