Sign in to follow this  
Cuddles

[Released] Coldies Compilations

there is a definite conflict with autoalerts mod, I have asked ausimus if he can make a little change which would stop the conflict.

11 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

there is a definite conflict with autoalerts mod, I have asked ausimus if he can make a little change which would stop the conflict.

With the AutoAlerts mod in place, our server log became huge in just a few minutes, throwing the following warning several times per second:

Spoiler

[02:57:52 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners: ServerPollListener handler for mod Initiator failed
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.ausimus.wurmunlimited.mods.autoalert.Initiator.RunDeedAlert(Initiator.java:193)
    at org.ausimus.wurmunlimited.mods.autoalert.Initiator.onServerPoll(Initiator.java:183)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ServerHook.lambda$fireOnServerPoll$9(ServerHook.java:106)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners.lambda$fire$0(Listeners.java:63)
    at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:891)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners.fire(Listeners.java:61)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ServerHook.fireOnServerPoll(ServerHook.java:106)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$6$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:180)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers(Players.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1906)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

As soon as we disabled AutoAlerts, the problem resolved itself.

Also an FYI for those wondering how to configure the deedmaker.properties file.  We found that the number before the decimal equals gold put into upkeep.  For example:

goldupkeep=50.0f

starts the deed with 50 gold in upkeep.

@Cuddles I made a (GM 5) toon who deeded twice.  When I go back to the first deed to try to manage roles, I get this message:

[17:29:03] You are not a citizen here

It is the same whether I try to Manage roles from the token or from the settlement deed.  I can resize and configure guards fine, just can't fix permissions.

I'm able to Manage roles on only the most recent deed.  Can this be fixed?

EDIT:  The permissions I set before creating the 2nd deed are still in place, but I'm unable to edit them through Manage roles.

Edited by Batta

i guess I could look at changing GM to mayor of old deed, that could be a work around. So action on the scroll in inventory (not token) and then make yourself mayor of it. I wouldn't do token because some GM might accidently do it to a players token and then it all gets messed up. Then as mayor you could do all normal changes, including name.

1 minute ago, Cuddles said:

i guess I could look at changing GM to mayor of old deed, that could be a work around. So action on the scroll in inventory (not token) and then make yourself mayor of it. I wouldn't do token because some GM might accidently do it to a players token and then it all gets messed up. Then as mayor you could do all normal changes, including name.

That sounds good. So I'd be able to click any of my settlement deeds and make myself mayor of it?  Then make myself mayor of another if needed later?

pretty much, it "shouldn't" be that hard to do, depends on how the devs have made the coding for it.

ok same link, added new action.

activate any item, right click the settlement note in inventory, click make GM mayor.

then can change everything again as you are actually mayor again.

That was a good addition, thanks for bringing up the issue.

• Like 1

yeah it just goes to 3rd post on this topic, so that link to the files.

I just update it on the cloud, link never changes just the files change.

@CuddlesOne little thing that doesn't matter, but that you might want to be alerted to:  When a GM creates a deed the old way, the settlement item in inventory is called a "settlement deed".  When made with the GM Deed function, it is called a "settlement form".  My GM now has both types of settlement papers in her inventory, and is considered the mayor of BOTH deeds at the same time. 

On the LAN server where my GM's two deeds are both created from this mod, however, she is the mayor of only one at a time.

the name difference is nothing, same as creating items with different name as GM.

I just tested with new Gm char on lan, made deed normal way, then made deed with mod and GM was no longer citizen of old deed.

Still had the Settlement deed in inventory but going to change roles and clicking to change a role said I wasn't a citizen. Maybe they just assumed since they still had the settlement deed they were still mayor. Ask them to try to change a role, not just click change role but to actually change 1.  ?

On 2/1/2019 at 5:31 PM, Cuddles said:

ok been testing upkeep.

Making it perm gives it 336 days upkeep but yes it also becomes a spawn location for anyone.

Could look at making mod add like 5g (maybe properties option for amount) to deed upkeep when created, that should cover pretty much any size you could want, then you won't need to remember to just create some coin and add to upkeep.

I think main issue I have at the moment is with mods that auto-disband deeds, I think that mod needs a 'ignore list' so it doesn't disband deeds you don't want it to disband.

@Hippiedruidsorry man I have no intention to fix Sinducks broken mods, isn't he a wurm dev now?

Edit:  yeah adding upkeep was a snap, have it set to 1g atm

"The upkeep will last approximately 2800 days more." for 11 x 11

Aight, thanks for the reply :) That'd be cool if Sindusk became a wurm dev, I hadn't heard anything about that yet. Cheers.

he did but i heard he isn't any more, I don't really keep track of who does what *shrug*

well been almost a week since i posted it, no one has said it has broken anything, any issues?

1 hour ago, Cuddles said:

well been almost a week since i posted it, no one has said it has broken anything, any issues?

We're using only the GM Deed Maker, but it's working great.

One interesting thing is that the online map shows the founder as the mayor, despite the new deeds that came later.

Edited by Batta

On 1/8/2019 at 4:02 AM, Cuddles said:

Dungeon mod

In each area there is a specific currency for killing stuff, the values are specific to the area, there are 3 different values, 2 of which you can specify specific mob names and the 3rd is just all other mobs. The mob names are a string search, so saying goblin will also get goblin leader. but if you do goblin leader it wont get goblins. each name is seperated by a comma  , with no comma at the end.

minibossnames2=freyja,thor,avenger,avatar,libila,Fo,Magranon,Dverger Explorer,Silverback,Goblin Scout,Hlesey Crab

If I create dungeon area and specify mobs, will those specified mobs spawn on that area by mod or is it just that If those mobs happen to spawn there I get pirate coins for killing them within that area?

18 hours ago, Batta said:

We're using only the GM Deed Maker, but it's working great.

One interesting thing is that the online map shows the founder as the mayor, despite the new deeds that came later.

ahh I wasn't sure how the online map would work with it, i guess thats better than it breaking  ?

8 hours ago, rebepoi said:

If I create dungeon area and specify mobs, will those specified mobs spawn on that area by mod or is it just that If those mobs happen to spawn there I get pirate coins for killing them within that area?

It wont change spawns in any way, it will purely give currency if the mobs are killed in that area. Keep in mind there are 2 sections to name mobs and also a 3rd which is all mobs not named. So even chickens will give currency, not just the specified mobs.

16 hours ago, Cuddles said:

It wont change spawns in any way, it will purely give currency if the mobs are killed in that area. Keep in mind there are 2 sections to name mobs and also a 3rd which is all mobs not named. So even chickens will give currency, not just the specified mobs.

Do you know if there's any way to mod spawning on those areas? Either change spawn rates or spawn nests on that area?

a GM can create a lair which will increase spawn of the specified mob in the area the lair is at.

Other ways are to do mission rulers in that area, so the player does something that has been specified and then the mobs spawn as specified by the mission ruler. That is how we handled dungeon spawns.

• Like 1

ok been almost another week, I would say GM deed maker is working good enough, removing the BETA tag with a note some other mods may have conflict issues purely because other mods may not check if mayor exists before checking mayor details.

• Like 1

Sorry to bother ya, but have you had a chance to to look into your C.N mod, I still cant remove the change to steel., I never turned it on to start with, and it still made it all require steel.  I have rechecked many time that it is still turned off.

I removed the mod and tried again but couldnt get the original material to work. I put the mod back on as we like the Unicorn bit.   But players are wanting to imp twith the correct mats and I was hopeing there might be a fix other than rewriting the db and loseing it all.

if it still imped with steel even with mod removed then it can't be the mod. Mods don't affect the game unless they are active. Do you have any other mods that might be causing it?

I checked over the Cavusnostra mod and it should be working fine in all aspects.

Edit: note I checked current version of mod but point of mods only affecting game if they are active means it is probably not cavusnostra mod.

Edited by Cuddles

I removed all mods and put em in one by one looking for the one that locked  the imp change, none did........I put cavusnostra back in and all is good........I have no Idea what allowed it to fix itself, sorry to trouble you.

Edited by evilkilem
  • Like 1