Sign in to follow this  
Cuddles

[Released] Coldies Compilations

Hey there @Cuddles! Thank you for all the mods you've put out, they're much appreciated. I'm unfortunately having a little bit of an issue with CavusNostra. Part of the mod seems to work fine, it allows me to lead unicorns as expected, although only once they've grown up enough to switch to their adult models. Unicorn foals are not able to be led, but this isn't the issue I'm having trouble with. The part of the mod that changes which traits are considered "bad" for the purpose of genesis does not seem to be working for me. I haven't changed that part of the properties file, left it as default. I am not able to remove fight fiercely/tough bugger/keen senses with genesis. I also don't know what the trait IDs are for being able to customize the settings, not sure where I could find that list. 

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to change which traits are considered bad on a per-animal basis? I don't know much about the ins and outs of modding, but it's just a thought. Since, for example, I wouldn't want livestock that I plan to slaughter to have tough bugger, but it would be good for a horse or combat pet. 

My Mod List: 

Client:

Spoiler

action
compass
fishbuddy
improvedimprove
livemap
tooltips

Server:

Spoiler

AshProduce
bdew_server_mod_tools
betterdig
betterfarm
bountymod
cavusnostra
chestclaim
creatureagemod
creaturesonwater
cropmod
DiscordRelay
DUSKombat
FireBurnTime
fishytweaks
harvesthelper
inbreedwarning
logs
meditatemod
milkreset
ModifyGestationPeriod
modtreefarm
movetocenter
nobuildlimit
onetilemining
PickMoreSprouts
PvpSurfaceMiningSlope
salvemod
ServerTweaks
SinduskLibrary
SmeltPurifyMod
Spellcraft
spellmod
tentsleep
timerfix
TreasureHunting
unleash
WyvernMods

I included my mod list (folder names), just in case there are any known incompatibilities that you're aware of, or you think that any of these mods could be causing the issue (possibly one of the spell ones?). Thank you for your time!

just tested it and it is working fine for me.

You should get a print like this in your server window/log when genesis is cast.

Feb 12, 2020 10:23:20 AM org.coldie.wurmunlimited.mods.cavusnostra.cavusnostra$2$1 invoke
INFO: Negative Trait Hook for ID: 0
Feb 12, 2020 10:23:20 AM org.coldie.wurmunlimited.mods.cavusnostra.cavusnostra$2$1 invoke
INFO: Negative Trait Hook for ID: 2
INFO: Negative Trait Hook for ID: 7

it hooks into com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Traits and the method isTraitNegative(), i am unaware of any other mods that hook into that method. So other spell mods won't affect it.

You said other parts of mod work fine so the mod itself is being loaded.

When you cast genesis it only removes the first bad trait, so it removes them 1 at a time, need to examine after each genesis cast to check traits. Your AH skill will affect how many traits you also see, so may need to cast genesis multiple times. As GM of course you can just use wand and right click creature then click traits to check.

--=== edit ===--

Maybe check the properties file for

Traitremoval=true

Also as GM when you go to traits for a creature the names will be red for bad traits, so if mod is working then It will fight fiercely will be red, if its not working then it will be green in the list.

Edited by Cuddles

I downloaded the deedmaker mod and I put the folder and properties file in the mods folder but after testing it nothing would show up in game even with my character being a GM in game. How can I fix my issue?

[01:44:44 AM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners: ServerStartedListener handler for mod deedmaker failed
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Can not set static final [Lcom.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionEntry; field com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Actions.actionEntrys to [Lcom.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionEntry;
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.ModActions.registerAction(ModActions.java:70)
        at org.coldie.wurmunlimited.mods.deedmaker.deedmakeraction.<init>(deedmakeraction.java:44)
        at org.coldie.wurmunlimited.mods.deedmaker.deedmaker.onServerStarted(deedmaker.java:38)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ServerHook.lambda$fireOnServerStarted$2(ServerHook.java:81)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners.lambda$fire$0(Listeners.java:63)
        at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:891)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.Listeners.fire(Listeners.java:61)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ServerHook.fireOnServerStarted(ServerHook.java:81)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:57)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:384)
        at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startGame(WurmServerGuiController.java:1397)
        at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startOfflineBtnClicked(WurmServerGuiController.java:164)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:71)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1771)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(FXMLLoader.java:1657)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)
        at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
        at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:8411)
        at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:185)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:182)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:96)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:89)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:218)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
        at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3757)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Scene.java:3485)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1762)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2494)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:394)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:295)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$353(GlassViewEventHandler.java:432)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:389)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:431)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:555)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:937)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$147(WinApplication.java:177)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Can not set static final [Lcom.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionEntry; field com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Actions.actionEntrys to [Lcom.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionEntry;
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwFinalFieldIllegalAccessException(UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.java:76)
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwFinalFieldIllegalAccessException(UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.java:80)
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeQualifiedStaticObjectFieldAccessorImpl.set(UnsafeQualifiedStaticObjectFieldAccessorImpl.java:77)
        at java.lang.reflect.Field.set(Field.java:764)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ReflectionUtil.setPrivateField(ReflectionUtil.java:65)
        at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.ModActions.registerAction(ModActions.java:68)
        ... 82 more

did you add it to the server folder or to the client? 

It is a server mod.

---== edit ==---

Is this after the patch that went live recently?

Edited by Cuddles

I added it to the mods folder in the server one and yea this is with the newest update

k, i'll have to have a poke at it then, worked fine in beta patch testing but they obviously made changes before they released patch.

@CuddlesFyi, the GM Deedmaker mod is still working great for me, both on my public and my LAN server.

@Deathlyghost Are you checking under "Settlement" when you right click the deed stake?  It actually doesn't show up there, but lower down the list.  Look for "Make GM Deed".  This confused me at first, so maybe it's the same thing for you?

yeah just checked and the latest patch hasn't gone live yet, so all mods should be working just fine still.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:17 PM, Cuddles said:

Bounty Mod

Similar to existing bounty mods but better ?

Bounties are calculated by mod Strength and DR, no need to list every single mob in properties file and any new mobs specific to server will be calculated as well.

bountyMultiplier=0.7f
DRFactor=1.4f

These are the main to adjusting factors, DR factor adjusts the difference between stronger and weaker mobs, bounty multiplier affects all mobs as a factor, these are float values so can use decimals.

Rest of the properties is pretty self explanatory imo.

This mod requires Friya's Loot table mod.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/151741-released-server-mod-loot-tables/

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjnBltNOSFjCgknI_TsOogQ48J7M

I'm afraid how this is supposed to work is not at all obvious!
What is this bounty-multiplier multiplying against??

Where and what exactly is the reward for killing a mob in the first place?

I'm looking at this file and I have 0 idea what is going on with it. 😭

Based on this here:

#treasure goblin;skeleton pirate
group2ids=2147483472;2147483465
group2factor=0.6f

I'm lead to believe the ids are Ids of Creatures, but I don't know where to find what the ID of creatures is to begin with, no again what that "factor" is.

I'd like to use this, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it all means...

put it on a test server on lan, kill stuff, get coinage.

You may not even need to adjust the settings at all.

4 hours ago, Zera said:

Where and what exactly is the reward for killing a mob in the first place?

with mod you get coins in your bank.

If you mean the default game, there is only loot on butcher corpse.

--=== edit ===--

bountyMultiplier=0.7f

that will adjust the bounty equally across every creature as a %.

if a troll gives 75c and a wolf gives 20c adjusting that value will adjust them both as a percentage, so 0.6f would end up as 64c and wolf 17c.

DRFactor=1.4f

that will affect how much the damage reduction has on the bounty, generally don't need to play with that unless you want harder stuff to give more or even give less in relation to easier stuff.

Long story short everything in the game has the exact same amount of HP, dragons, rats, players all exactly the same. The game uses a value which is damage reduction to affect how much damage is taken, that is why you scratch a dragon and 1 shot a rat, even though they have the same hit points.

Edited by Cuddles

9 hours ago, Cuddles said:

You may not even need to adjust the settings at all.

with mod you get coins in your bank.

If you mean the default game, there is only loot on butcher corpse.

--=== edit ===--

bountyMultiplier=0.7f

that will adjust the bounty equally across every creature as a %.

if a troll gives 75c and a wolf gives 20c adjusting that value will adjust them both as a percentage, so 0.6f would end up as 64c and wolf 17c.

DRFactor=1.4f

that will affect how much the damage reduction has on the bounty, generally don't need to play with that unless you want harder stuff to give more or even give less in relation to easier stuff.

Long story short everything in the game has the exact same amount of HP, dragons, rats, players all exactly the same. The game uses a value which is damage reduction to affect how much damage is taken, that is why you scratch a dragon and 1 shot a rat, even though they have the same hit points.

I know how it works in Vanilla/online. 😋

You say again the multipliers multiplies... but What Is The Value it's multplying????

That's like me telling you "Add 6 then subtract 4" for the final value.

Missing something, aren't you??? That's where I'm asking.

I'm afraid you didn't really clear anything up for me at all with your explanation.

I get what you're trying to do here, but you've got a file that says:

"Set a percentage"

And 

"Should hard stuff reward more coin vs less"

That's it.

Nothing that gives me an idea of WHAT they're giving me prior to multiplier (which is what I'm asking for)...

Never mind. This isn't clear enough for me to continue to try to fight and understand it.

@ZeraThe base bounty value is a calculation based on the creature's strength.  There isn't a lookup table that says a large spider is worth 10 copper, each individual creature has a variable strength based on condition, age, etc. so they also have a variable base bounty value.

You can adjust how much each condition contributes to the base, adjust how much each template creature varies from the default, etc.  You can't know the base bounty value because it's so variable.

So, bountyMultiplier is just the final adjustment after all of the other calculations are completed.  The calculations happen for each individual creature killed, at the time they are killed.  Hope that makes sense.

Sure, it's entirely random and there isn't really anyway to truly control/fine tune.

Got it.

I think I'll stick with the original then.

random?  hahahahahahaha

I really don't understand how you got 'random' from anything that was said.

7 hours ago, Ricowan said:

The base bounty value is a calculation based on the creature's strength. 

It is a calculation.

If you want to know how much stuff pays then...

17 hours ago, Cuddles said:

@CuddlesI, uh... embarrassingly, had not enabled traitremoval. Somehow that escaped my attention, despite how many times I opened the config file looking for answers. I also figured out that the traitIDs can be found on the wiki (the IDs aren't on the wiki but it's the order the traits are listed in), so that problem is also solved. Sorry about that! I'm glad it was a simple solution, though. 

yay for silly mistakes, i have made many of them myself 😃

On 3/16/2020 at 11:48 PM, Batta said:

@CuddlesFyi, the GM Deedmaker mod is still working great for me, both on my public and my LAN server.

@Deathlyghost Are you checking under "Settlement" when you right click the deed stake?  It actually doesn't show up there, but lower down the list.  Look for "Make GM Deed".  This confused me at first, so maybe it's the same thing for you?

I just tried and the only thing that is below "Settlement" is Emotes and Find on Wurmpedia

6 hours ago, Deathlyghost said:

I just tried and the only thing that is below "Settlement" is Emotes and Find on Wurmpedia

Is your GM Level 5? This works only for the top level GM.

Yea I only play on GM level 5. How did everyone install the mod because maybe I put something in the wrong spot.

On 4/1/2020 at 10:14 PM, Deathlyghost said:

Yea I only play on GM level 5. How did everyone install the mod because maybe I put something in the wrong spot.

Maybe check to make sure you don't have a mods folder inside the mods folder.  That often happens, and you'd need to extract the contents and move them up into the main mods folder.

On 4/3/2020 at 2:31 PM, Batta said:

Maybe check to make sure you don't have a mods folder inside the mods folder.  That often happens, and you'd need to extract the contents and move them up into the main mods folder.

Only seeing just the one mod folder. Must be a problem with how the server modloader got installed or maybe the client side modloader?

all my mods are for server only and they will work without the client having modloader.

So if it isn't working then it's an issue on the server side of things and how mods are being installed.

Added repair tower mod to this topic, original discussion can be found here.

buildingskill mod also has a bridge skill factoring now, seperate from planning a building.

the max length of a bridge is still 38 tiles, that hasn't changed, if people see a need for it I can change it but yeah I think 38 is pretty long and there is the fact you need to click the pole or person holding pole in order to start the plan process.

Edited by Cuddles

seems on rift mod, if you try to summon it always resets power, i'll fix that and make some improvements, did that mod a while ago now  lol