Sign in to follow this  
Cuddles

[Released] Coldies Compilations

On 1/8/2019 at 2:30 PM, Cuddles said:

New action: make GM Mayor.

activate any item, right click the settlement note in inventory and click, make GM mayor.

This will make you mayor of that settlement and can change all aspects of deed as usual.

• Like 1

@Cuddles Fairly serious problem that I could use your help with, please.  Players who join a deed via the Village Welcomer all become mayors at the same time, while those I personally invite to join become citizens.  I tried fixing this by creating a new GM alt and having her found and remain mayor of the deed at all times, but it still happens.  Could use a fix, please!  Thanks.

yeah id say you are using an old version, tested with 6 chars on lan and each joined as a citizen and not mayor. Did it with the Deed that is default log in that has no mayor (pvp), did it for player made deed, did it for GM deed where gm was mayor and also wasn't mayor and worked every time, new char was made citizen each time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cuddles said:

hmm thought i fixed that already

Really?  I wonder if I missed an update.  checking...

5 hours ago, Cuddles said:

yeah id say you are using an old version, tested with 6 chars on lan and each joined as a citizen and not mayor. Did it with the Deed that is default log in that has no mayor (pvp), did it for player made deed, did it for GM deed where gm was mayor and also wasn't mayor and worked every time, new char was made citizen each time.

Omg I'm still using 3.0.  Thought I'd updated but I guess I missed a step.  Thanks for the help!

@CuddlesIs it possible to make event teleport's permanently stay active unless turned off. I'm using it for a community build but each time I restart the server I have to make it active again. also if players are already at the event location after restart they cant port back home if I restart the event teleport.. also would it be possible to have multiple event teleport's active at once? and maybe the option to name them when creating a event teleport.. Thank you :)

they should be able to use return teleport even after the server is restarted, the coords they left from are stored in the mod DB and are only changed when they use action to return. They do need any item active to use the actions though, a limitation that appeared a few patches ago with all the actions I do.

As for more event locations, i guess I could tidy up my portal mod and release it. Similar to Xyps but uses a drop down menu to choose where you teleport to, so any 1 portal item can send you to any listed location. So you only need 1 portal at spawn, players can build a portal on their deed and so on, a huge improvement imho.

• Like 1

so they could build a portal and teleport to the "event" locations set by a GM. Is that what you mean?

well it was designed for teleporting pretty much any location that has been set. so in default case, GM make a portal, drops it on ground and activates it, that location is then active. a player creates a portal and activates it, then that is a location. so can travel back and forth. I also added in a payment system for 'upkeep' to keep the locations live, GM excluded locations but others needed coinage to keep portal locations active.

Havent looked at it for a while though.

Only problem I foresee is players abusing it and using them to teleport to other players deeds instead of their own or other locations. I wouldn't wan't players creating portals and teleporting wherever they like. 

well that is why i used both portal and event teleport mods  *shrug*

• Like 1

@CuddlesNext time you're working on GM deedmaker, would you be able to add a config for initial deed size?  It would be great if we could pre-set it to more than minimum size, as it's not always possible to resize immediately due to mobs. Thanks again for making these awesome mods available to us.  🙂

@CuddlesOne more thing:  we're finding that we still end up with 2 mayors when using the Village Welcomer.  The GM who deeded the spot using deedmaker is mayor with a settlement deed in her inventory, but also the first player to join the village via the Village Welcomer also becomes mayor, without a settlement deed. 

one thing lead to another today and I decided to take a look at Archery.

Outside of PvP no one really does archery, it's not that viable.

First issue is arrow usage and storage,

default you fit 41 arrows in a quiver, if you have more than 1 quiver it only ever uses arrows from just 1 quiver and ignores any other quiver. If you equip a backpack on your back then it will use arrows from there.

So I fixed that, now it uses arrows from any quiver in your inventory, I left it only using quivers in inventory and not backpack in inventory as I like the idea of quivers for arrows. Still will use arrows from backpack if equipped though.

Second issue is DPS,

5 second firing, this bothers me, I can understand the logic, you pull string back and aim in RL takes time and also weapons have time between attacks but weapons also don't use consumables like arrows every single time you attack. I feel like that because you need to craft items (arrows) in order to attack then 5 second action on attacks isn't needed, you just spent an hour making and improving the arrows.

So I made the attacks as fast as you can click, which may need balancing with damage, needs live testing.

Third Issue

Arrows, OMG creating and imping arrows up 1 by 1 is insane, I believe it was Sindusk who modded a way to create an item from many arrows and then imp that 1 single item, then unpack the arrows, basically making it so you can imp a stack of arrows in 1 go. I do like this idea but also looking at other ideas too.

Forth Issue

You can not fire while moving. On the fence a little with this 1, when you attack within X meters the mob will agro onto you, this changes the distance which alters how effective your attacks are, there is a sweet spot for each bow and switching from long to medium to short as a mob approaches at 30km/h isn't viable. I like that mobs agro and run at you but I feel like you should be able to ride away while firing. TBH not sure if I can even change that since movement stops pretty much everything in the game. It is possible to max range with long bow and not pull agro, this isn't the case for uniques though, they will run at you from 120m away if you fire at them.

Fifth Issue

Distance checking, sure after a while you can kind of guess your distance but to get to that point you need an idea of just how far away the enemy is, I am thinking a simple distance check action when you target a creature, does a little print in event window. Should be easy enough to do.

Getting tired so I will leave it there for now, thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated.

9 hours ago, Cuddles said:

Third Issue

Arrows, OMG creating and imping arrows up 1 by 1 is insane, I believe it was Sindusk who modded a way to create an item from many arrows and then imp that 1 single item, then unpack the arrows, basically making it so you can imp a stack of arrows in 1 go. I do like this idea but also looking at other ideas too.

An interesting kind of idea, not sure if ideal or not  *shrug*

Ok so war arrows, instant creation but no skill gain, ql of war arrow is exact ql of arrow shaft regardless of skill.

My theory is to get high ql arrow shafts you need high skill wood cutting for the log, high carpentry for the shaft and also high skill fletching to make high ql arrow shaft. Being instant makes it less of a chore but no skill gain means it won't change skill balance of fletching. The resulting war arrow can still be imped 1 by 1 if the player really really wants to. I left hunter arrows as default. QL of war arrow head is not used.

All done using normal crafting process.

Ok so here is the Archery mod for testing, see if anything blows up or breaks.

First thing is arrows are taken from any quivers you have in inventory, default wurm it only takes from 1 quiver even if you have 30 quivers in your inventory.

Second no cast/action time to fire arrows anymore (at mobs) which means you can fire as fast as you can click, this may seem OP but admin can adjust damage.

Third as mentioned admins can adjust damage in properties file.

#float values to adjust amount of damage done by archery (bows).
uniquefactor=4.0f
damagefactor=0.5f

damagefactor is damage adjustment using bow when attacking any mob, 1.0 would be normal damage so 0.5 would be half normal damage.

uniquefactor is adjusted for uniques only and is done after the damagefactor adjustment., same as other 1.0 is normal damage.

forth crafting war arrows, combining arrow shaft and war arrow head is completely instant, gives no skill gain and the resulting ql of war arrow is the exact same as the ql on the arrow shaft used to craft it. This is ONLY for war arrows, purists can still make hunter arrows the default wurm way.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjnBltNOSFjCgnC3h37iXg6Hknkj?e=3Juzaq

• Like 1

updated fishmonger (V1.2) to sell fish from inside a container, activate the container and right click fish monger to sell the fish in the container all at once. Will spam event for every sale individually.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:38 AM, Batta said:

One more thing:  we're finding that we still end up with 2 mayors when using the Village Welcomer.  The GM who deeded the spot using deedmaker is mayor with a settlement deed in her inventory, but also the first player to join the village via the Village Welcomer also becomes mayor, without a settlement deed. 

Not sure if you missed this one.  We have a player who joined our Newbie deed and now can't make a deed of his own because he's listed as co-mayor.  He can't /revoke <village> because it gives an error message that he's the mayor.  He has no settlement deed in his inventory to give away -- the GM who made the deed has that.  If we disband the deed, all the other players lose their citizenship and some new player gets stuck being co-mayor.   Could really use your help with this, @Cuddles.  Thanks!

after your post last time I spent an hour testing that mod under all the conditions I could think of and each character that used the welcomer was citizen only.

Can you reproduce this bug or did it happen just 1 time?

In wurmzones.db the villages tab is where Mayor is kept and you can't have 2 names for the 1 deed. If that persons name is listed there as mayor then change it to the GM in db.

GM could also trade them the deed writ and get them to trade it back, which would more than likely remove them as mayor.

If I can't reproduce an error then I can't fix it.

6 hours ago, Cuddles said:

GM could also trade them the deed writ and get them to trade it back, which would more than likely remove them as mayor.

This solution worked for us and removed the extra mayor, who became a citizen.  But yes, it happened on both of the deeds we added the Village welcomer to.  The first one to join became a co-mayor each time.

Edited by Batta

I still can't recreate this issue but anyway try version 4.1 when GM makes deed I basically made it join again after making it, so it says you make it, join it, leave it, join it, see if that fixes your issue.

18 hours ago, Cuddles said:

I still can't recreate this issue but anyway try version 4.1 when GM makes deed I basically made it join again after making it, so it says you make it, join it, leave it, join it, see if that fixes your issue.

Thank you, this seems to have fixed the issue.  We do have a couple of other deed mods, so I guess it was a mod conflict.  Version 4.1 even allows for a GM deed without a mayor, yet the new ones  who join are still citizens, so that's good.  Frees up the GM to be mayor of some other deed as needed.

I seem to spend a lot more time testing mods than making them.

*idea* what if i made net no need ot be empty for fishing

*mod it* 3 minutes, found the spot, created the hook to deal with it, compiled to lan

*testing* 2 hours later still testing it. turns out they didn't do any checks for max items inside the net as a container, so lan char has over 200 fish in net atm.

*conclusion* way to OP to just do that.

*idea* do check for X number of fish in net, if more then don't fish.

*mod it* 3 mins later done

*testing* ........

lol

• Like 1