Sign in to follow this  
Cuddles

[Released] Coldies Compilations

ok so drop on deed you are a member of is done, even if they do decide to fix it I figure it will be like 6 months before next patch anyway.

Why would you want to allow to drop anywhere though?

Option to drop anywhere off deed

I don't think ability to drop on anyones deed would be a good idea and adding in perm checks might be a pain in the butt.

So curious why you want the option for anywhere.

1 hour ago, Cuddles said:

ok so drop on deed you are a member of is done, even if they do decide to fix it I figure it will be like 6 months before next patch anyway.

Why would you want to allow to drop anywhere though?

I don't think ability to drop on anyones deed would be a good idea and adding in perm checks might be a pain in the butt.

So curious why you want the option for anywhere.

I am OK with not being able to drop on a deed of which you aren't a member. I am more concerned with being able to drop a tent inside or outside of kingdom influence. 

This is for a new server I am putting together. Eventually I will publish the concept and after that open the server. Like all my servers (DesV2 - DesV5 and InspirationV1) it is going to attempt some new things.

~Nappy

ahh i didnt look at the pvp options, so want to do a kingdom influence check and only drop in your own kingdom?

wouldnt that just throw up a big sign saying "hey come camp this spot"?

19 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

ahh i didnt look at the pvp options, so want to do a kingdom influence check and only drop in your own kingdom?

wouldnt that just throw up a big sign saying "hey come camp this spot"?

Basically I would like the ability to let them drop tents anywhere, inside or outside of the kingdom.

hmm didnt see any restrictions on outside kingdom in the code, ill poke around some more.

Hello @Cuddles

Because the Event Mod

Can you include an announcement  (in the middle of the screen) if the event is on and off?

Eject

done.

It will say event portal activated and also event portal deactivated when GM activates and deactivates.

• Like 1

Wow thank you ? thats amazing

Eject

What about those who log in after active? Maybe an announcement middle of screen that event is active when logging in... 

• Like 1

so while event is active check for player logging in and give them a message on screen?

I should be able to manage that.

• Like 1

well it was easy enough to post a message on log in BUT it gets lost in the log in spam.  =(

Could it work if you use a little timer? like for 5 or 10 seconds

Eject

Edited by Eject

On 5/12/2019 at 6:04 AM, Cuddles said:

well it was easy enough to post a message on log in BUT it gets lost in the log in spam.  =(

Bdews server mod tools has a class called ServerThreadExecutor that can make your message display on the next server tick. Should work for you

ServerThreadExecutor.INSTANCE.execute(() -> {
                             // put your code here
            });
Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

added new mod to first post which unleashes uniques from their specific location and lets them roam free.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

added new mod to first post which unleashes uniques from their specific location and lets them roam free.

Added to the modlist

One suggestion I have for deed maker mod, make it possible for GMs to manage all settings available to a mayor on all settlement tokens. That way we can adjust the settings on multiple deeds created with the mod. It would also come in handy to manage tokens with a GM for many other reasons.

so you want gm to manage any settlement at all regardless of who the mayor is?

I mean I know GM's can already do pretty much anything but I am not sure I agree with that 1, the mayor should feel like they own the deed, not that the landlord (GM) can pop by and change roles so people can take stuff and what not. At the moment if the roles are messed up then it's the mayors fault, give that ability to someone else and the mayor will just blame them for issues  *shrug*

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Governor said:

One suggestion I have for deed maker mod, make it possible for GMs to manage all settings available to a mayor on all settlement tokens. That way we can adjust the settings on multiple deeds created with the mod. It would also come in handy to manage tokens with a GM for many other reasons.

Since it seems like this isn't going to be added, I sent you a PM with a quick & easy workaround.

4 hours ago, Cuddles said:

so you want gm to manage any settlement at all regardless of who the mayor is?

I mean I know GM's can already do pretty much anything but I am not sure I agree with that 1, the mayor should feel like they own the deed, not that the landlord (GM) can pop by and change roles so people can take stuff and what not. At the moment if the roles are messed up then it's the mayors fault, give that ability to someone else and the mayor will just blame them for issues  *shrug*

very valid point to restrict some bad GMs but then again... if you are on a server that the GM would do this, then you should find a different server to make home anyways imo ?

i just look at blamability, yes its a real word  (haha) if GM has ability to change anything a mayor can change without the mayor knowing then the people wearing tinfoil hats will blame GM for anything and everything  *shrug*

• Like 1

I don't want to railroad the thread, but to me GM's shouldn't be able to screw with Deed roles/permissions. It invites way too much drama. I have players on my server regularly ask me for help setting up their roles and permissions as though I can do it with the wave of a wand, and I explain to them I can't, and then explain to them how to do it. I've never had to disband a deed or make someone trade me their form, nor would I ever want the power to be able to do this directly. I guess one could make it so they can regardless, but since people aren't required to list their mods out when they host a server, what a waste of time it would be as a player to play on a server with that functionality present and not know that the functionality was present. I'm not saying all server owners are bad and would use it maliciously, but man, the amount of accusations that could pile up quickly. Reminds me of a scenario on my server where someone was certain decay had destroyed an item, but in actuality the item was stolen off their deed because they had their permissions screwed up. I spent about an hour looking for something causing decay and when I couldn't find it, I pulled up the wurmitems.db and found it pretty quick. I was very happy to be able to say and for them to know with 100% certainty that it was a mistake they had made with permissions rather than ever having to call into question the integrity of the GM staff on the server screwing with permissions.

All I will say though is if you do make it, can you have it write to the admin log when admins are screwing around with permissions in some fashion? Even if it's just an entry saying that X managed settlement. Some sort of accountability should be there. For one GM servers probably never an issue. But that's not always the case, and having dismissed staff for general corruption in the past, if I ever needed this mod, which I'll be honest I've thought about installing it a few times because making GM alts is annoying, I would either need a power level 5 restriction or the capability for it to write to the admin log of the person making changes so I could audit where appropriate.

No worries on not adding it. I was just looking for an easy way to manage the deeds that I had previously made. I have a certain deed I need to resize that was made with deed maker, but I suppose disbanding and then re-deed will work. Thanks again for making awesome mods!

right click the writ of ownership in your inventory and click make gm mayor (cant remember exact action name), you can become mayor of any deed you were mayor of again, as GM.

Might be a good idea to rename the papers so you know which is which  ?

Can I get in a feature request for tent sleep that we can configure whether or not the sleeping in the tent gives sleep bonus or just logs you out? Personally it doesn't seem to me that resting in the wilds would be a very comfortable way to sleep and thus doesn't really warrant a sleep bonus - on the other hand I'd /love/ to place Tents inside deeds that I own (as non-admin characters - I know I can just GM it in there)