Sign in to follow this  
Cuddles

[Released] Coldies Compilations

it was for the night, when i logged in the next day ...back to steel, your mods not even on there.  I give up and will just give out 99 ql steel to the players as I dont want to rewrite the whole sever. thanks for your help anyways.

DPS broke in Beta patch, already fixed it, I'll post at some stage.

Everything else seems fine so far.

• Like 1

any chance to you could add something to the event portals to allow it to teleport to underground events .. like surface true or false .. trying to get players to an underground dungeon thanks

• Like 1

DPS mod link is now for the 1.9 beta patch, won't work on current game version.

I can have a look at detecting if underground and just auto adjusting the teleport to suit.

1 hour ago, Alystara said:

thanks .. please let me know if you update it

@Alystara

K done, in first post the same link will d/l the updated version.

It will autodetect if inside or outside and adjust teleport accordingly.

Also while I was there I made it work in buildings as well and floors of buildings, unfortunately if the building hasn't rendered on client screen the player will just drop to the ground, bit of a game limitation there. I did successfully do a teleport to top of a building by adjusting the 'floorlevel' to 3 more than top of building and so player was in the air basically and the building rendered before they fell to far and so was on top of building. Something people can play around with I guess if they want to.

So needed to add new stuff to the db to record if in cave or not and also building floor, when server is not running, so when you update the mod.

Easiest thing to do is just open up the modsupport db, on database structure tab right click ColdieEventPortals and click delete, then click write changes. Then when server starts it will remake that part of the db with the new columns.

• Like 1

something interesting, you dont seem to take fall damage after teleporting to a really really high above ground location, I changed floorlevel to 20 and so a player char would be way up in the sky and would just fall to ground, no damage. It's kind of fun, this works to land on buildings too but even 4+ above highest floor of building is enough but not as fun as 20  haha

tried 50 and was fine too ?

On the event portals, how does the minx/max/miny/maxy work to prevent skill loss? I tried a bunch of configurations on my server but still found people were losing skill. I assume I'm just doing it incorrect. Sorry for dumb question.

well its like a box on the map, lets say you have an event deed at 790, 1600 and the deed is 21 x 21, which is 10 tiles in each direction from token. so if you want that whole area to be no skill loss you set minx to be 790 - 11 and maxx 790 + 11 and so on.

freadeathminx = 779
freadeathmaxx = 801
freadeathminy = 1589
freadeathmaxy = 1611

which is 11 in each cardinal direction to cover the 21 x 21 area, so if a player is standing on tile 784, 1608 they wont lose skill, as an example.

Ah, I tried that combination but failed to get it to work, but it was still probably me not putting the values in correctly. Once you have input the x/y and right click reload props, do you then need to end the event and then reactivate the event, or end + delete portal create new portal for it to work? I assumed activate zenny was the zone but I wasn't 100% on that. Oh and also, does one have to have a deed for that particular functionality to work? We were testing on an off-deed site. The teleportation and recall worked perfectly it was just the no skill loss we had issues with.

Edited by Ayluin

nah you don't even need event to be active and no skill loss should still be working, doesn't need to be on deed at all, i sometimes just do min 1 max 4000 to cover entire map and it works fine.

Which server you on? I can pop in with a char and help test it.

Edit:

You can just message me the details and a discord link if you use it.

Edited by Cuddles
  • Like 1

Just a quick question about the milk reset mod.

is the command limited to a certain GM level? or can any player attempt to reset the milking timer?

The description doesn't say, and neither does the .properties file.

If it's set to allow anyone to use it, would it be at all possible to get a GM power level setting in the properties please? with 0 = anyone etc.

many thanks

I can see the usage in that. Done, same link in first post with the updated files.

FYI it was set so anyone could use the command previously.

I'm having some trouble making specific creatures provide a higher bounty. Doesn't seem to matter if I set a groupfactor to 1 or 100, still gives the same amount of coins for the creature.
Is this not correct?

#adjust specific template ids by factor, so 0.7f would decrease it to 70% of what it would have been
#seperate ids by ;  don't put a ; at end and no spaces
group1ids=1;4;5;6;7;8;28;29;30;31;32;33;34;35;36;67
group1factor=0.001f
#treasure goblin;skeleton pirate
group2ids=2147483472;2147483465
group2factor=0.6f
#Uniques(dragons, trollking, kyklops) and avatars should provide more.
#Doesn't seem to work?
group3ids=16;22;27;78;79;80;81;89;90;91;92
group3factor=5.0f

I didnt put a group3ids in the properties file, so doing that won't affect anything.

Are you saying you want more groups added?

2 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

Are you saying you want more groups added?

Oh. Woops. I just assumed it was dynamic and you could make as many groups as desired.
I guess I am then. My bad~ More groups would be wonderful, yeah.

done, total 9 groups, each group can work independant and stack, so if you have same id in multiple groups each factor will be done.

Same link on first post as always, it just updates in onedrive.

Edit:

I notice you didnt change group2 at all, you could have just done that 1, either way more groups is prob a good idea.

group2ids=16;22;27;78;79;80;81;89;90;91;92

Edited by Cuddles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cuddles said:

you could have just done that 1

Oh! I guess so, huh? Well thanks, I really appreciate it~

Wow thank you so much for putting these out!  I can't tell you how excited I am to try the dungeon mod.  It will open up so many possibilities for us that we've really wanted!!!

That said I have been trying to get the bounty mod to work and it doesn't.  There are no errors in the log.  I put in both frya's lootables and the the bounty mod with default configurations and it doesn't give any bounty.  The log doesn't show any errors.  Do I need different settings than default on lootables to get it to work?  Thank you.

EmmaGrace

Vrystoria

Edited by EmmaGrace

just the usual modloader by ago and make sure to run patcher.bat the first time and after any patches. Pretty standard stuff for server mods.

Ok,  I've run through that a couple of times now,  all the other mods are working correctly.  I'll look at it one more time and see if I can figure it out.

how are you testing if it works? just spawn as GM and wizz kill it?

that won't work, a player needs to have combat window up to get bounty, so need to go visible and vulnerable to engage in combat as GM.

• Like 1

I was testing with my player not a gm.  So I started fresh, I deleted them both,  downloaded fresh copies and put them in, and they work this time. Maybe something got corrupted in the first download I don't know.  Thank you for your help.

EmmaGrace