Sign in to follow this  
DelightfulDee

More Time Please

Hello  I bet I am not alone in being one unique from finishing personal goals.

Not to mention being given 2 months notice of the removal of personal goals. when you have to have played as premium for 3 months to qualify to be a "winner".

Can you please give us more time to finish our goals. or have a huge unique event where we can get the unique we need to finish our goals.  none of my alts will finish the game. But I am more upset that my main will not either!

• Like 2

This madness has been going on for far too long already.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DelightfulDee said:

So you have already been a winner then?

No. 

It would be nice as a gesture of fairness from the devs to autocomplete that goal for people who are time limited, I know someone else in the same situation where he has 3 goals left, but cant do the 3 month premium part due to goals being scrapper in february. 

Yes you can not add a 3 month time limit to goals, then give us less notice than that to say your taking it away. That is incredibly un-sportsman like.

19 minutes ago, elentari said:

It would be nice as a gesture of fairness from the devs to autocomplete that goal for people who are time limited, I know someone else in the same situation where he has 3 goals left, but cant do the 3 month premium part due to goals being scrapper in february. 

Yeah.... winner title for 3 months old acc. Really sounds like a winner....

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Alkhadias said:

This guy gets it, it's supposed to be hard, even with the 3 months it's silly goals.

Unfortunately this isn't something likely to happen. 

We set the expiry 2 months after the announcement for the purposes of avoiding any last minute rush of alts, and we arent looking to extend it. 

There's been numerous slayings and opportunities, as well as the open offer of slayings done on epic for legendary creatures, if you've missed this opportunity it's a shame but we need to limit these things as best we can. We remained quite clear the system would be going once its replacement is in, and feel that the time limit is generous to those who still have a few to do. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

We set the expiry 2 months after the announcement for the purposes of avoiding any last minute rush of alts, and we arent looking to extend it. 

There's been numerous slayings and opportunities, as well as the open offer of slayings done on epic for legendary creatures, if you've missed this opportunity it's a shame but we need to limit these things as best we can. We remained quite clear the system would be going once its replacement is in, and feel that the time limit is generous to those who still have a few to do. 

you probably know that is imposible finish goals in one month, specially for new accounts/alts.
i could finished them on my alt on xanadu, but i want in my main account, even if xana was easy goals compared with the main (175kg fish, repair 6250 walls, 5k litters of wine, plant 200 hedges) i completed all but fishing and lockpick (not so hard) but fishing update screwed the grinding for the goal

Edited by tamat

11 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

So your telling me that if i go to epic and kill a troll king . wich will make me the winner on epic, I can  get my prize trasferable to Freedom?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DelightfulDee said:

So your telling me that if i go to epic and kill a troll king . wich will make me the winner on epic, I can  get my prize trasferable to Freedom?

dont think so, never happened before except one time for prizes

10 minutes ago, DelightfulDee said:

No you won't, a troll king is easy to find btw so if that's your last goal you're practically done.

• Like 1

-1 yank the band-aid. 

This is set and needs to be done.   

I started my account a little over a year ago.  Didnt know the prize until a few months back.  Slowly started to work on goals.  Plug was pulled.  No sane chance of winning.  I am fine with that.   

• Like 1

New Journal system is in game, focus better on this one!

• Like 2

They announced months ago that the current (retiring) system was going to be retiring. I rushed to finish mine in September so that I wouldn't  miss out.

• Like 4

I've been playing for years now. My original goals required tomes; when they rerolled, it required getting crazy mining skill and 99 in some craft. Meh. "Winning" at Wurm is not a necessary requirement. It's an option. The journal is already better, even if I don't really want to make a catapult. :D

• Like 1

With the removal of a system like this, there are always going to be people near the cutoff who miss out by a few days.

I'm going to miss out by more than that, but if they date gets pushed back and back, it'll just be different people who get hit by it.

It's unfortunate you're so close and wont make it, but they've decided to remove something and that's pretty much that.

Could have made the time requirement longer (6 month / 1 year prem) or made the tomes non-transferable to avoid alt-abuse (if that is the reason why they've decided to remove it after so long).

Let's just hope the new journal system has some good rewards at the end. Sleep Bonus and a title is nice for the early stages of it and the tasks are scaled better so at least there's that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

Took me 5 years to Win, once the rework to goals came through i managed to finish the 3 goals i needed in like a month. We've all had plenty of time to finish them and we've been given plenty of notice of the upcoming changes

• Like 3

It was originally anounced that the personal goal system would be going away something like 6 months ago.  So plenty of time to complete them before the 2-month warning.  It sucks for you personally, and I'm sorry for that, but aside from the 3 months premium, if you really want to do it, it can be done (and there are people who will help).

Regarding doing goals on epic, so long as the last one you complete is on pve, you'll get your reward on pve.  So if you want to do the slaying goal on epic, don't leave that until last.

• Like 1

tbh, the critter spawning is a mess... humanoids don't spawn that frequently, 4 out of 14... you need to be online when a slaying happens, you might have to travel to another server if there is a public one and it is within your schedule, you know work, sleep, free time doesn't always coexist properly... In the case of people having to kill a unique during the last 2/3 weeks which is their LAST goal, it's kinda a mess... and totally unfair to go : "welp, no, no winner title for you, f*** off."... people have been farming alts and made a shitload of cash through it, we are just asking for the mains to have a chance to actually complete them.

Also, so far the new journal is trash >_>

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

What about personal goals like deers or sea serpents, which spawn is completly random? It is not easy to find them, especially now, when everybody wants to pass their goals. I am looking with two friends for some deers for personal goal, and we cant find any.

3 hours ago, Votip said:

...I am looking with two friends for some deers for personal goal, and we cant find any...

O great illustrious illustrator artist sir, I invite you to Celebration where the folks are loony and deers roam wild and free. 

• Like 1