Sign in to follow this  
Clova

Lockable Trapdoors on Ladder Openings

I'd like to be able to lock my ladder openings so I can secure one building off from a string of buildings joined by bridges.

• Like 7

A good idea Clova. This is the one security flaw in using ladders to access upper floors. If you want to keep other players out of above the only option currently is to wall the ladder opening off with a door and lock. This would be a much better solution which could even be added on later for current ladder openings as well.

=Ayes=

This suggestion was mentioned once before.

I +1 this, and agree that it would be a beneficial addition to PvP for multi-story longhouses.  Even if they require special materials like a gate lock (because harder than door locks to make), maybe steel sheets for the door that you add like ribbons/nails to anything else you build.  Not ridiculous amounts of mats, just something more than 6 planks and a small nail, or 10 bricks and 10 mortar.

Yeah, also make opening and floors have higher bash damage reduction, currently it's easy to bash in pvp for example they should have wall DR, and this idea seems very pvp. +1

• Like 1

If something like this is implemented, it would also be nice for stairs (think, attic stairs with a locked overhead door).

+1.7

• Like 1