Sign in to follow this  
Dadadah

Wurm Market Economy Poll

Hello fellow wurmians, Jacobacon here. I'm conducting a poll on the economy of Wurm Online. Please take a minute to fill out this survey, it shouldn't take long.

https://goo.gl/forms/SPowYOBFELxXsc6i2

Thanks! I'll update this post when I have some results!

EDIT:

I've closed the poll, here is a link to a spreadsheet with responses. I've decided not to do a write up of the responses because I'm honestly just too lazy and overworked right now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ldZyPhtR5kKwsRraFycJ_O3KfbOLi_mQu11uMh9KFrU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Dadadah
  • Like 1

Price regulation?

No thanks, it's a terrible idea in any economy, real or digital.

• Like 5

Honestly this is part of the reason i currently stream wurm a lot. is so more new players could see the game to boost the economy. its not an issue with regulation or skills its a lack of players to make purchases. it pays to know people in this game as well if you dont know people who will be willing to pay for goods or services. wagoner and mailbox assist in the economy so i feel those are fine. just need more new players simple as that.

• Like 4

I would like to be able to offer more than just bulk goods to established players...I have no idea what that would be however.

As Nioras says, the mailbox and wagoneer are good additions.

The issue only really lies on the sell side of the economy, I can buy just about whatever I need/want, quite easily and quickly assuming I have the silver to do so.

Seems the main 'problem' is more sellers than buyers right now. This has actually proven to be a benefit to me, as it means cheaper prices and more choice of sellers. I can see how it may negatively impact those wishing to sell their services and goods however.

• Like 2

As someone doing a challenge from a new player perspective its rather rough to find work but still able to be found

• Like 1

Done.  Poll seemed a bit skewed, but that might just be from my lack of experience in this game.

But, I think triangulation is way to go.  Survey, interviews, and focus groups.

At least one answer was humorous.  Might want to guard against any flaming.

Edited by Arishok
added "my"

1 hour ago, Kerry said:

Price regulation?

No thanks, it's a terrible idea in any economy, real or digital.

I agree, price regulation is dumb, I'm just putting that option for open ideas.

23 hours ago, Dadadah said:

I agree, price regulation is dumb, I'm just putting that option for open ideas.

we already have price regulation, like 1s/1k dig clay, 2s/1k bricks, etc. Also wurm shop prices that regulate premium price and silver (unofficial market: players selling lower)

49 minutes ago, tamat said:

2s/1k bricks,

That's not price regulation.  That's an assumed price based off of the last 3-4 years (maybe more?)    Anyone that sells bricks these days will tell you they do not regularly sell for 2s/1k anymore.

The problem is that 99 blacksmiths can easily make a living selling bricks... instead of.... you know... blacksmithing.  

pricing trends don't = pricing regulation. It's just more popular to see those prices but I've seen bricks cheaper/higher and they've sold/not sold based on that.

Good thread maybe something good will happen from it. 

I've stated in several threads, suggestions that yes the largest issue stems simply from account sales. This is a big thing to tackle realistically. However the lack of item sinks in Wurm is also worrisome. I suggested in the past that you should be able to by chance increase the level of rarity of your tool/weapon. Let's say 4-5 rares on a rare item could 50/50 increase it to supreme. This would again allow you to make fantastic items. A market which no one can participate in because of the absurdity odds to make. I would also suggest they make a new rarity tier above fantastic like 'valrei touched' or something.

Oh and hey look everyone! I'm not the only one who cares I guess!