Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

GUI PvP/General Fighting Improvements

Starting a list of what I would like to see changed in the interface to help make fighting better.  Go ahead and add your own suggestions or drama.

• Graphic feedback instead of reading combat log during fight.
  • Don't know where being hit from, behind, left/right side? (Show markers on side of screen where attacker is.)  Left side, Right side, maybe the bottom of screen if being hit from behind.  Or show these markers in the Fight Window since everything else is there.
  • Don't know who's attacking if multiple?  Am I being hit by 3 people, 5 people or just 1?  Show a list of names targeting you within attacking range (that you can actually read).  Make side window for attackers on you like the friends or event list has side window.  Not just targeting since can be 200 tiles away and be targeted.
  • Float all windows and not just Friends List.  Then we can have "Event" and "Combat" tabs open at same time.
  • Hard to target enemy in group fight and end up attacking alliance on accident.  Create HOTKEY for targeting other kingdoms and not one you are in.   "bind <key> TARGET_HOSTILE_KINGDOM"
  • Show us when focus is available (only show eye if can focus - like shield bashing or have the eye light up when ready.)
  • Show focus level ## instead of an eye you have to mouse over.  There is enough going on to manage during a fight to where more visual feedback is needed that I don't have to move my mouse over or rely on Wurm Assist blocking my screen.  Should see 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for max.
  • For the love of God, fix the mouse spinning issue.  Worst thing is being spun around in a fight and lose your bearings and everyone is yelling at you in discord to run north and you're like "where the F is north I got spun around?" and they get pissed off at you.  Falling off cliffs with this issue is not fun either.

All I can think of right now.  Will add more later in reply.

All good suggestions IMO

Also allow us to queue up focusing actions. There is a lot that can be done rather than spamming that.

2 hours ago, nicedreams said:
  • For the love of God, fix the mouse spinning issue.  Worst thing is being spun around in a fight and lose your bearings and everyone is yelling at you in discord to run north and you're like "where the F is north I got spun around?" and they get pissed off at you.  Falling off cliffs with this issue is not fun either.

so its not my mouse lol

+1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Hard to target enemy in group fight and end up attacking alliance on accident.  Create HOTKEY for targeting other kingdoms and not one you are in.   "bind <key> TARGET_HOSTILE_KINGDOM"

you can bind TARGET_HOSTILE already which should work well enough if everyone would use it. Can bind it to T and bind TARGET to something like CTRL+T.

2 minutes ago, Capi said:

you can bind TARGET_HOSTILE already which should work well enough if everyone would use it. Can bind it to T and bind TARGET to something like CTRL+T.

I did not know this

2 hours ago, Capi said:

Thought I tried before and didn't work, but just tried and again is working.  So thanks for that.

3 hours ago, Votip said:

so its not my mouse lol

+1

I guess it's fixed in the preview client.  Going to use that from now on and see what happens.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Client

I thought the newer normal client was using the preview now.  Got it confused with the renderer.

Edited by nicedreams