Sign in to follow this  
kochinac

New Type of Unique Spider Queen

So we have heavy armour version of armor from uniques in scale, medium in drake but we are lacking special light type of armour.

My suggestion is to introduce new type of unique monster, a giant monstrous Spider queen (we already have troll king, and goblin leader, spiders needs their leader too).

Upon killing each premium player in local would recieve small amount of spider silk that can be turned into strings with spinning wheel and then into cloth pieces with loom which can be used for making superior version of cloth armour (numbers can be somewhere in range of studded maybe? but no casting and archery penalty) and blood, have chance to drop one charge tome simmilar to dragons. It woul be imped with cotton strings(or maybe wool, wee need more use for it). Al mechanics are in place we just need just few new models, sorry @Saroman ?

Benefits of this:

New type of unique which would be welcome refreshment in that area

New type of blood for some interesting imbue (not sure whats missing from imbues but surely new one can be introduced)

New things for Cloth tailoring which have been a bit neglected compared to other skills

More demand for high ql strings for imping

Would provide great high end armour for priests, or for some pve adventurers that prefer comfort while strolling into dark woods to fight the beasts

Your thoughts? Am i missing something?

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 7

+1 for me but I see an issue with people who have a phobia of spiders. There is the blob option in-game for this already though, so I guess you'd have to fight a giant blob lol.

• Like 3

+1. Is there a jewelry-smithing imbue? Now that we have all these shiny new jewelry enchants, I'm finding myself imping jewelry a lot more.

• Like 1

As long as it spawns 100s of spiderling babies and traps players in webs while we fight it!

Like the idea of the spider silk armour too

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kerry said:

As long as it spawns 100s of spiderling babies and traps players in webs while we fight it!

Like the idea of the spider silk armour too

Yeah my idea is that have special attack to trap random person in web for some time like the forest giant throws random people in air, forgot to write that :)

Edited by kochinac

I'm not specifically phobic of spiders, but I'd rather we stuck to the more mammalian or humanoid creatures.  Fog spiders are already creepy enough. Some kind of special light armor would be nice though. Maybe some kind of giant spectre like the Halloween guard model that drops special cloth (shroud)? Though that might be just as scary as spiders to some. 

(Yes, obviously there's blob options. Just giving my .02)

-1, only because the same person will find it, over and over again, and host private unannounced slayings for the financial gain that I feel he should not have.

If you want a new type of magical priest "spider silk" armor, the materials should come from doing the work of going around and slaying spiders.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

-1, only because the same person will find it, over and over again, and host private unannounced slayings for the financial gain that I feel he should not have.

If you want a new type of magical priest "spider silk" armor, the materials should come from doing the work of going around and slaying spiders.  

For once, Wargasm is talking good sense.

Be nice if it were a drop from fog spiders.

4 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

For once, Wargasm is talking good sense.

Be nice if it were a drop from fog spiders.

Woo! Finally an idea for those sneaky thingies! I like this one.

Spider silk cloak, with increased evasion! (insert yer -1 breaks pvp complaints)

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Hmm. That's effectively a kind of unique overhaul. I don't mind that concept in general, but it's probably unfair to this suggestion to expect it to solve that problem too.

• Like 1

+1 could possibly add chitin armour maybe somewhere close to drake or identical in specs.

6 hours ago, Wargasm said:

I do agree very strongly that the current unique system is terrible and that it needs complete overhaul in mechanics and distribution of loot. However that is not matter of discussion here and I don't see that as a reason to downvote suggestion just because of that. When a system is overhauled spider queen would be able to fit that as other existing uniquees would. Also wouldn't find it fair that you could make high end cloth armour by killing weak creatures like fog spiders and spiders while you need to kill uniques for heavy top end armours... If there were also small drakes spawning during fog or something that you can solo, sure, i am all for it. But like i said thats a matter for another discussion.

What i proposed is a solution that in my mind would fit current state the most and would be same in terms of balance with other armours.

As for people afraid of spiders and suggest other types i'm sorry but also there are some of us who actually like spiders and in my opinion spiders would fit the lore the most for cloth armour in immersion that is very durable silk that can be refined. I am very for the option like phobia mode that would allow you to participate(not sure how giant blob would look like) but its also not fair that because of your fears deny spider queen for everyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niki said:

+1 could possibly add chitin armour maybe somewhere close to drake or identical in specs.

Yeah when i first started playing game and saw giant scorpions i wonderd if i could make armour from their plates, sadly i couldn't :( Some large bug unique (in style of Anub'arak from WoW) could also be interesting. I'm sure there are many areas where we could have imbues for. Also kraken that would spawn only at seas and could damage ships. Ofc would be impossible to pen that one so he might need to wait for overhaul of uniquees that doesnt require penning if that ever comes

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Votip said:

4dzTszs.png

incoming

^^ -1 not feminine enough

13 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Be nice if it were a drop from fog spiders

Maybe their drop. Silk instead of water, so we can all make something productive instead of just drinking them.

Edited by Mataleao

11 hours ago, Votip said:

incoming

Is a masta peace.