Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Lighten up drake armor class

Classing drake as heavy armor seems odd to me, given it's basically super-leather. I'd consider re-classing drake as a lighter armor, to at least remove the spellcasting/archery penalty. Could also make for a more interesting choice between drake and scale.

or create new one with +80% bonus to archery and enchant and 120% damage resist, but with 2km/h max movility

yeah seems weird to have same penalty as scale, more logical would be 15% like leather and chain. and introduce unique cloth armour finaly (either cloth from kyklops and forest giants or new spider unique with magical silk that we can turn to strings)

• Like 1

if you'd think of balance for a second you'd know it's a bad idea

• Like 1

It's classed as heavy SPECIFICALLY for that armour penalty. 

We did it to avoid priests in drake being dominant 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It's classed as heavy SPECIFICALLY for that armour penalty. 

We did it to avoid priests in drake being dominant 

As it is, scale is dominant, and it's better in every way I can see than drake (except a different elemental resistance profile).

Did you ever test drake as a lighter armor?

I was under the impression drake was just glamourfied studded leather... wtf am I wearing... don't get me wrong I love running at 15+km/h

Edited by Legios

7 minutes ago, Legios said:

I was under the impression drake was just glamourfied studded leather... wtf am I wearing... don't get me wrong I love running at 15+km/h

More on par with moon metal chain (hide, not scale) but dodgier.  Getting close to OP.  

Scale is dodgier, and would be OP if it wasn't so amazingly fragile for long hauls (runing does help).

I have to fully agree with the PvPeeps on this one, even on PvE "lightening" it would be OP to the point of making all other armor worthless in comparison.  Would create way too much of a meta.

(Edit:  moon metal chain.... it's more priestly oddly enough).

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mordraug said:

Scale is dodgier, and would be OP if it wasn't so amazingly fragile for long hauls (runing does help).

How high do you imp your scale? I can easily get mine to 95/96 QL (on Epic). That lasts a while, and I haven't bothered with steel Vyn runes, either. :)

7 hours ago, Roccandil said:

How high do you imp your scale? I can easily get mine to 95/96 QL (on Epic). That lasts a while, and I haven't bothered with steel Vyn runes, either. :)

Oh not complaining.  Imping up to 92 and usually re-imping when it drops to around 85.  But I think it's fine, you can "make it OP" by skilling up to be able to imp it yourself on the field (granted that's way less traumatic on WU, but there we don't worry so much about "OP" as long as it's fun and not game-breaking).  Being able to maintain your own scale on WO is an achievement where you definitely earn your OPness.