Sign in to follow this  
Vairen

Can't open wurmclient with 64bit java

This is my first time playing wurm on a 64 bit machine. I installed 64 bit java manually off their website, and when I go to start the wurmclient nothing happens. it just flashes.

I completely uninstalled it and tried with 32 bit java installed and it opened the client and installed the game fine, but warned me that I was using 32 bit java on a 64bit machine and needed to install the 64 bit version of java. I can't figure out why it won't simply open the game with 64 bit java installed. I made sure I had completely uninstalled Java completely and had a fresh 64 bit install. anyone else have this issue? any help would be appreciated. the game runs decent with 32 but has hiccups and fps issues. On steam with wurm unlimited it runs perfect. 

Make sure it is Java 8 and not Java 9/10 as those don't work with wurm. This one should be good. ( Version 8 Update 191 Release date October 16, 2018)   You want the THIRD option titled WINDOWS OFFLINE 64-bit 

Maybe also reboot the computer after installing and verify there is no 32-bit.

I wonder if another program is trying to associate JLNP files? Or somehow the file association got orphaned?  Not sure but this might be a way to verify:

• right-click on the saved .jnlp file and choose Open With
  • Make sure there is a check-mark in the box that says Always use this app to open .jnlp files, then click More apps
  • Scroll down to the bottom and select Look for another app on this PC
  • Select the Java folder, (If you do not see Java, go back up one level to the c:/ drive and select  Program Files  then select the Java folder. If you do not have a Java folder here, you will want to go to www.java.com and download the latest version before continuing with these steps.)
  • Double click the latest jre folder (example: jre7, jre1.8_191, etc)
  • Double click the bin folder
  • Double click the javaws application
  • Click the Close button
  • JNLP files will now open, by default, with Java Web Start

I suppose it is also possible (?) the path got associated with an older or different java version path?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3