old fishing  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Want the old fishing back

• Yes
    • OH HELL, YES
    • Yes, please
    • Bring back the old fishing!!1!
    • no, i mean yes, bring it back

or at least remove the damage on baits, floats, reels, lines, hooks, on tackle box, racks AND when you not logged.

also coc dont work on fishing net and skill dropped a lot near 80:
[2019-01-02] [14:40:30] Fishing increased by 0,0042 to 79,9216
[2019-01-02] [14:41:26] Fishing increased by 0,0041 to 79,9257

[2019-01-02] [14:43:28] Fishing increased by 0,0041 to 79,9299

[2019-01-02] [14:55:49] Fishing increased by 0,0041 to 79,9713

[2019-01-02] [14:57:21] Fishing increased by 0,0041 to 79,9754

[2019-01-02] [15:00:18] Fishing increased by 0,0014 to 79,9768

[2019-01-02] [15:00:39] Fishing increased by 0,0014 to 79,9781

Use a fishing net, emptying it shouldn't be an issue if you're AFK skilling. This is a game where you can't shortcut skills, and never have been allowed to. Getting to a good level takes time and effort. Fishing needed tweaks, yes. Does it still need them? Maybe. Does old fishing need to come back? Absolutely not. Maybe a good compromise between players and developers would be to make the fishing net a lot more viable, which is a lot more reasonable.

There is already enough time you can spend tabbed out when skilling things, but having a totally AFK grind is silly.

Oh they already said that old fishing won't come back either.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 4

Haven't even looked into the new fishing much though. But AFK grind shouldn't be in the game.

Maybe the fishing needs reworking a little more but not reverted. 

• Like 1

New system would be fine, if the sudden increase in complexity and attention required is reflected by higher skillgain, not lower.

Not asking to make the game faster...just asking not to make it slower when people already have 100 fishing.

**and resulted in the same weight of fish being fished per hour.

How it is now, more effort for less result isn't a fun transition.

Edited by Kerry
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Use a fishing net, emptying it shouldn't be an issue if you're AFK skilling. This is a game where you can't shortcut skills, and never have been allowed to. Getting to a good level takes time and effort. Fishing needed tweaks, yes. Does it still need them? Maybe. Does old fishing need to come back? Absolutely not. Maybe a good compromise between players and developers would be to make the fishing net a lot more viable, which is a lot more reasonable.

There is already enough time you can spend tabbed out when skilling things, but having a totally AFK grind is silly.

Oh they already said that old fishing won't come back either.

not different of digging or mining, so lets add a minigame of aim with the shovel/pickaxe to make it fair! with lots of fails, because you can miss hitting rock or ground, and NOT PILES, that cheating because you can go afk not dropping one by one

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tamat said:

not different of digging or mining, so lets add a minigame of aim with the shovel/pickaxe to make it fair! with lots of fails, because you can miss hitting rock or ground, and NOT PILES, that cheating because you can go afk not dropping one by one

Wat

Pretty much everything in this game, you can tab while you do it. This is fine.

Adding a minigame to fishing or digging removes the logic behind the fishing minigame. You need to actually reel in the fish, hook it, all that stuff in real life. Digging? I'm sorry if you feel that you need to pay really close attention to dig.

I couldn't care less for fishing but what's with this hate against afk grinding,wurm has allways been afk grinding in some form or another.. be it tv watching,youtube or just playing on 10 characters at once..its how we manage to play for so long(some of us who like that afk grinding).. i mean..do you guys really watch those second go by while you grind? and if you want some more action just go hunting exploring or just play some of those game of the hour like overwatch and whatnot.

As for fishing..even RL fishing is afk for the most part unless you are one who does it for sports.

• Like 2

The thing is though, fishing was 99.9999% AFK before.... You could literally queue up however many actions you could do and go AFK for ages. No attention needed, whereas most skills in this game do require some input. Sure we AFK a lot but nothing like fishing used to be. The update is good, interactivity is good.

24 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Wat

Pretty much everything in this game, you can tab while you do it. This is fine.

Adding a minigame to fishing or digging removes the logic behind the fishing minigame. You need to actually reel in the fish, hook it, all that stuff in real life. Digging? I'm sorry if you feel that you need to pay really close attention to dig.

It's literally a matter of time before this game has a minigame for any afk skill. Several of them left so get in those levels in before it's nerfed!

Net fishing isn't a option in the high levels either, you might as well go fish irl you're more likely to learn to be a pro bass fisher or something. I'm currently at 99.5 fishing and I have spent significant time fishing and gained no xp as of yet.

I think the old fishing should be introduced again or some type of auto fish mechanic that requires more resources. I also think the skill checks with damage are insane and need to be lowered.

+1

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

I like the new fishing, it may need some tweaks here and there but over all I like it!  I never really fished before so I have low fishing skill but now I'm like, "I think I'll go fishing today".  It's very immersive and adds depth to an already beautiful game.

22 minutes ago, Jonydowy said:

I couldn't care less for fishing but what's with this hate against afk grinding,wurm has allways been afk grinding in some form or another.. be it tv watching,youtube or just playing on 10 characters at once..its how we manage to play for so long(some of us who like that afk grinding).. i mean..do you guys really watch those second go by while you grind? and if you want some more action just go hunting exploring or just play some of those game of the hour like overwatch and whatnot.

As for fishing..even RL fishing is afk for the most part unless you are one who does it for sports.

To be honest and I agree with you, this game needs more afk grinding. The fact is this game is extremely difficult and because of that most people never touch the game. There is nothing wrong with catering to both audiences. I rather have more options to afk grind and gain a heap of players than make everything more of a chore than RL. We need more QoL options as well, it's great fishing has animations and tech behind it now but like others said you honestly can't even relax while doing it. It's stressful!

1 minute ago, Kvisto said:

Useless poll without a NO option

there is the NO option...

5 minutes ago, tamat said:

If you allow your own thread campaigning for the return of a feature to not allow votes against what you like, your thread is already not worth looking into.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tamat said:

Thank you!

That poll asks a entirely different question, but okay. ?

Big -1, If you don't like how interactive a skill is then don't do it. Fishing is great now and you actually have to DO IT, not just log in and click fish and wait. Fishing now has a purpose and I hope they add more fish cooking recipe. This is the first time ever I've seen someone suggest to make something less iterative for the player. 

And like many suggested there is net fishing too if you just want something like the old system but you own't get more from it due to I don't know... the size of the net? 

6 minutes ago, Legios said:

Big -1, If you don't like how interactive a skill is then don't do it. Fishing is great now and you actually have to DO IT, not just log in and click fish and wait. Fishing now has a purpose and I hope they add more fish cooking recipe. This is the first time ever I've seen someone suggest to make something less iterative for the player. 

And like many suggested there is net fishing too if you just want something like the old system but you own't get more from it due to I don't know... the size of the net? 

i got pro rod, with pro reel and BRAIDED line, 3-4 days ago, put it in a rack, line gone, reel getting damage...
also is not repairable

28 minutes ago, tamat said:

i got pro rod, with pro reel and BRAIDED line, 3-4 days ago, put it in a rack, line gone, reel getting damage...
also is not repairable

This leads us onto the real thing that everyone needs to learn about this update.

Suggestions for tweaks in the appropriate thread are good.

Pointless threads contributing very little are bad.

As with most major feature updates like this, tweaks here and there are probably necessary and to be expected.

For instance, when I tried spear-fishing, I didn't find it particularly fun, but that's mostly because the actual difficulty of catching fish seemed way too high. A little tweaking and it would be great.

10 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Pointless threads contributing very little are bad.

I'll say this, it's a fair argument. The poll was probably not needed though but Tamat does have a point there is another thread if you like fishing. You might like the new fishing, people that fished solely to raise soul depth or nature or even cap fishing to 100 are probably not a fan of the changes. Not speaking for myself I've moved on to new skills like beverages and priest stuff. Fishing right now really stresses me out and I'm still extremely upset I decided to be social and go to a impalong instead of getting 100 before update. I have a huge feeling your suggestion change will be implemented for example. Please keep a open mind is all. They could gut beverage skill gain while adding your changes, this could easily take a turn for the worst.

Thanks.

Edited by Niki

Nothing should ever be taken away from the game - just built upon. 

Old fishing should of stayed in and it should of just been expanded upon. If people wanted to do the reels, tackle, and minigame then let them do that and reward them in skill for doing that. However if in order to gain skill is still as hard as it was and the actions are harder to obtain that skill in the first place - that's a broken system. 

Best suggestion is to give back the old fishing, add in the new fishing and give the new fishing higher skill gain value over the old system. The way it was done just rewarded EVERY person who AFKd using the old system and penalized everyone who wants to do fishing in the future by making it that much harder. If it was me as @Nikisaid, which we dont agree on much - ever, I'd be working on all the skills I can before someone else comes along and does something ridiculous like this to the next skill.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Niki said:

I'll say this, it's a fair argument. The poll was probably not needed though but Tamat does have a point there is another thread if you like fishing.

The thread title is "Do you like the new fishing system?"