Sign in to follow this  
Ohana

Catching big fish after update!

Has anyone caught a 175 fish after the update?

If so what tool? Any hints and tips or info at all, would be helpful.

I've been trying but so far regardless of the gear you use your actual fishing level plays a bigger part. I've tried deepwater, professional and anything before that and half the time I don't catch anything.

Been trying as well, it's my last personal goal, no luck so far, is it even possible?

• Like 1

Same, really struggling on this one too. Been on special spots and one day spent over 8 hours fishing only to catch just 2 marlins, both around 35kg. I have 91 fishing and have been using 90ql rod and gear. Although the damage that those catfish deal to the rod soon takes that quality down fast!

Frustrating doesnt even cover how I felt after those consecutive 8 hours when I only need the fishing goal and to complete some more barrels of the wine goal to have them all complete. Before the update I was catching special fish (white sharks) quite easily, and was getting some around 120+kg. Bring back the old fishing system until the goals are no longer, then I may feel like its achievable. Right now I'm losing the will to even carry on trying :(

• Like 2

I don't think this goal is possible, they should really reroll it. I have tried to get my alt it forever. I eventually got 90 fishing and gave up. (Yes I was fishing big fish)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, elentari said:

Been trying as well, it's my last personal goal, no luck so far, is it even possible?

same here but i have 80 fishing so really imposible for me now

It is possible and was something checked on test before this went live.

Bear in mind it required high skill and patience before the update too, using the right bait and gear should make it easier than it was before the update. I've been playing around with it too and while I havent caught the giant marlin (one did slip) it is possible. keep at it! 

Retro, can you at least give us info on what bait / floats/ ql to use? Im at 99.9 fishing and marlins always escape me. 

Alright for my fishing friends who are desperately trying to complete the goal. Here's the info I got so far on fishing for marlins on SW coast of deliverance.

I am using a professional fishing rod, ql 82, rare metal fishing hook ql 82, braided fishing line, ql 15.

Using feathers for floats and minnows for bait, the minnows seem great for hooking marlins. MY fishing skill is 99.9. So far the best marlin i've caught is 162 kg. 

If you want to fish at my spot, it's at Q 6 on deliverance, i've put a lit buoy there to mark the spot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elentari said:

Alright for my fishing friends who are desperately trying to complete the goal. Here's the info I got so far on fishing for marlins on SW coast of deliverance.

I am using a professional fishing rod, ql 82, rare metal fishing hook ql 82, braided fishing line, ql 15.

Using feathers for floats and minnows for bait, the minnows seem great for hooking marlins. MY fishing skill is 99.9. So far the best marlin i've caught is 162 kg.  

If you want to fish at my spot, it's at Q 6 on deliverance, i've put a lit buoy there to mark the spot.

so still imposible with 90 skill and 80+ql year....

Edited by tamat
typo

8 hours ago, elentari said:

Retro, can you at least give us info on what bait / floats/ ql to use? Im at 99.9 fishing and marlins always escape me. 

Professional rod is the best one for them. You're most likely to catch them in the ingame morning and evening, and the Minnow is the best bait in the game for them.

Morning - 04:30 to 10:30

Evening - 16:30 to 22:30

Alright boys,. so it's possible i did it with a 92 ql rare rod. Screw it, gonna post the screenshot. If anyone needs to borrow my tools to complete their personal goals, I'd be happy to lend em if it helps you. 

Here's the link to the screenshot. 

https://imgur.com/a/BsfY3rz

Also, it's the huge marlin type, don't bother with other smaller ones. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 5

That's one nice fish. 

I don't have this goal but keep in mind that some goals do require very high skill.  For example, to imp to 99 without employing certain game mechanics to get around it, you need 98.7 skill level.  While the new fishing method is so new it is not well understood yet, wouldn't surprise me at all if ultra high skill is needed.

Given that Elentari was nice enough to offer to organize Epic hunts for uniques, sounds to me like a little fishing on the side might be in order as well.  Can use the bones from the uniques to make the rare fishing gear needed even.

One more thing, I have no idea if the braided line ql has any impact on ability to land the fish or not (if it doesn't it really ought to), that 15ql line Elentari used seems kind of low.  Happy to support anyone who needs it with a 50ql braided line, just drop me a PM. 

Good luck to all!

Edited by GoldFever

So this is definitely possible.. just a few days ago I was so disapointed and I gave up, but after I saw this post.. I had to try it..
Elentar was so nice, he gave me his rod and some more info as I didn't know anything about new fishing.. 

I did it with 94.55 fishing, 91ql Rare professional rod a reel and a hook (all runed with a bronze rune of Libila) not sure if rune helps but it looks like it does.. 
[01:00:42] You have received 500 karma for 'Catch a 175 kg fish'. 

Spoiler

hB5tgOt.png

Thanks and good luck to all!

Edited by Brainer

If anyone else has this goal, I'll be happy to (freely) lend my fishing gear to help them.  My ingame account is Elentari if you need anything. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

Not sure if it does, but I put it there just in case, wurm's code is a quantum mystery even to this day. Like zombie milk. 

• Like 1