Sign in to follow this  
Shmeric

[Bug] Branded animal death, no permissions as mayor

Hi.

As a mayor of my deed, I brand a sheep. Open permissions, remove everything, as seen in the picture.

I am still able to lead, breed, and do other things with this animal, even though all permissions are removed (You start leading an old fat sheep.)

tsce4Ap.jpg

I kill the sheep (science needs sacrifice, sorry).

Now I get no options at all anymore. Keybind with "push" says, "You may not move the corpse as you do not have permissions."

aK7ii8D.jpg

This feels like a bug.

Either mayor of the deed has hidden permissions to all branded animals, which they should not have (but then it's very likely to cause issues with accidentally removing all permissions);

or as a mayor, you should be able to interact with branded corpses too (makes more sense)

Companion in crime against animals - @Hestia(killed two bisons and tried to steal my dog)

Thank you :)

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Added to the list - thanks for the testing and the report.

• Like 1

i Bluemood    have the same issue   on 2 branded horses   on my deed

• Like 1

Same happened to me today, but with my personal horse.

Context : I was hunting outside deed  in the wild. Went afk for a few mins. Horse got killed by a spider. My horse was not tamed, but it was branded by me. I'm mayor of my deed, and horse was also cared form. 

When it died, I couldn't take the gear off it. Didn't even had a drop down menu for it. Tried keybinds, butcher, bury, take, ope, all with the same response : "You do not have permissions to do that". 

Upon examining the horse it gave the message : This horse still bears the brand of the village of Andere. (my village). 

I wasn't on any deed, just forest and desert area.  Gms managed to retrieve the horse corpse and give me back my gear. Thanks!

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

I'm having the same issue, but it's not always consistent. I brand all my horses before breeding them so that I can equip them with saddles to keep them from moving around in their pens. When I go to then slaughter those horses to start breeding the next generation, sometimes I can pick up/open/butcher the corpse, sometimes I can't. Most recently, I had a whole crop of unicorns that I could interact with normally, except for one. They were all branded in the same manner, I hadn't changed any permissions on any of them. I am the mayor of my own deed on a private solo server. Restarting the server fixes it, but of course this is a hassle to have to do every time it happens. If I un-brand a creature prior to slaughtering, this also allows me to interact with it normally after slaughter (but this is also, of course, a hassle to have to do for every creature). 

My Mod List:

Client

Spoiler

action
compass
fishbuddy
improvedimprove
livemap
tooltips

Server

Spoiler

AshProduce
bdew_server_mod_tools
betterdig
betterfarm
bountymod
cavusnostra
chestclaim
creatureagemod
creaturesonwater
cropmod
DiscordRelay
DUSKombat
FireBurnTime
fishytweaks
harvesthelper
inbreedwarning
logs
meditatemod
milkreset
ModifyGestationPeriod
modtreefarm
movetocenter
nobuildlimit
onetilemining
PickMoreSprouts
PvpSurfaceMiningSlope
salvemod
ServerTweaks
SinduskLibrary
SmeltPurifyMod
Spellcraft
spellmod
tentsleep
timerfix
TreasureHunting
unleash
WyvernMods

None of my mods modify permissions in any way, to my knowledge, but I thought it'd be helpful to include them. Some of the file names might be a little vague, so let me know if I need to elaborate. 

• Like 1

I got this same issue w/ a branded rat of mine died on my deed. Branded to my deed (I am the mayor). The rat died in a building I own, on my deed.

But I can not pick up, move, or access this dead rat.

I oopsed and failed to discover this thread, until after I opened my own thread here....

So this problem is STILL happening. Well over a year now. I did submit a support ticket for my dead rat:

GglVPpr.jpg

I thot this a very critical and important issue. It never occurred to me this was an on going yawn event that falls under the heading 'glitches we have not fixed yet'.

Anyways thanks this thread and your time,

TeeeBOMB

Issue happened to me (my alt).  Put in a support ticket.  Next day, I was able to loot and butcher.  GM asked me to updated thread, making me suspect that they hadn't gotten to this yet, but I didn't do anything other than log out and back in 20 odd RL hours later.

Hi: Just had the same issue -- Horse branded by me and on my deed - couldn't bury it-- put a support ticket in-- was told that the  pemission setting  on the horse was I guess changed to denied access. But GM solved it

still an issue april 21 2022  i un branded all of them except cared for.  165 8 min of wasted time plus all the time i spent first branding them all.   i'm not going to my a support ticket for every one that dies i have at least 20 a month to butcher.   i hope it get fixed some day,.  was nice seeing them all in a list. but if i cant butcher nor access equipment after they die.....

Still an issue 12/10/2022. I upgraded mounts and my previous mount was uncared for and put to pasture and died. Unable to access, butcher, bury, etc. Permissions were set to Deny All.

My question is this: Is the "everyone can lead bug" still a thing or not? I set the perms to Deny All on my personal mount in case I needed to log off in the wild and didn't want my mount being led away.