Sign in to follow this  
Sila

Wurm on ads.google.com

18 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

I was thinking more in terms of the raw data XD

heh i check that yesterday,...  and till today we loose 3 premium players...  sad times

Actually, I expect player numbers to possibly rise over time a little.  The creation of Haven Landing on Indie concentrates all new arriving players.  If a large enough nucleaus forms, you'll have social critical mass in that area.

• Like 2

well not sure if that helps but i like to see so many ppl online at start of week :D   

Total players: 586 / 6700

today  i spend 8€ and counting, that are results...   at end of the day i belive we gona hit 400 visits of difrent ppl on wurmonline.com

google search:

2607wpi.jpg

Youtube banners and other sites:

t8uiqd.jpg

This info would be much more useful if it was in english...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Budzilla said:

This info would be much more useful if it was in english...

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm looking at here.

Shifting through old data, it looks like the premium accounts halved around 2016.   Easy to speculate the cause.   But has remained fairly consistent since.  

If you concerned about 3 accounts, then you might be nickle and diming the data.  

The premiums accounts and log ins spike every year in nov-jan from 600-1000 normally.  Summer spikes are a few hundred.  The winter spikes are usually attributed to alts getting sweet xmas loot.   If thats the case, then that is also a bit of operation capital, or money sink depending on how it’s purchased.    This last spike appears quite larger than normal.   

If they are new accounts, then retention is the area of concern more than advertising.    Getting people in who leave and say they dont like it is counter to any ad campaign.  

Havens landing hasnt been fully implemented, and results arent in on true effectiveness.   Getting involved in that and providing constructive feedback seems like a worthwhile endeavor if your goal is retention.

With all the the stuff that happened moving into the end of of 2018, I am impressed at what was released, implemented, even with the hiccups and belly aching.  

Also, for consideration, if an ad campaign is a success, and pulls in significant number of previous players, what would happen if there is a sudden influx of in game coin that has been out of circulation and dormant? Data shows an ENORMOUS amount of in game coin.   You could speculate alot of that is in dormant players banks, not to even include inventory.   

Not against a player run campaign on basic principle, just think there may be a better way for player involvement.  

• Like 3

I agree that player retention is the bigger issue. I was brought into Wurm Online by two IRL friends who left the game shortly thereafter, and they were people who liked the game. I've also seen a lot of players join and quit for one reason or another, or just burn themselves out and never return. I don't know if there are easy solutions to this, but I think it's a problem that needs to be solved, at least to some degree, and is at least as important as drawing those players in to begin with.

• Like 2

Allenkey makes some good points. I love the idea of more players but dislike the idea of crowding.

Definitely make sure the new influx, if we got one, does not overwhelm xan's capabilities!    ?

22 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Actually, I expect player numbers to possibly rise over time a little.  The creation of Haven Landing on Indie concentrates all new arriving players.  If a large enough nucleaus forms, you'll have social critical mass in that area.

too bad we cant know how many of those going trough turtorial, is new players or new alts.