Sign in to follow this  
Sila

Wurm on ads.google.com

Since wurm itself dont do much on payed advertise. I would like to give it a try. Im willing to spend some money each month doing so on ads.google.com.  Every time player write in google "sandbox"  "open world"  Wurm adverts should show on first site of search.  Aswell every time we watch video on you tube about some smilliar game, simple banner about wurm online pop out.  I must admit i didnt pay premium time with RL money from 2012 and i belive its time to give it some back.

I do that sort of job for my bussiness and partners and its turns out profitible.

About costs is hard to speak since you work on "budget" you got. 

But i belive things can go viral even for wurm. We need biger player base on day basis. Its hard to found out wurm on web for the first time. But more newbs would make game fun for everyone.

How many of you guys are interested to support something like this?

Edited by Sila
  • Like 1

I'm confused, are you asking the community to chip in for this funding, or are you offering to do it yourself?

Ads on google are way expensive, but if there's a way you can make it happen, go for it!

for start i just setup google search for wurm... and it cost something. Can setup site for donations and posting reports about each month, to keep it even more transpanent all  donations will be public.  here is how it looks so far...  avrage cpc per is 0,02€... even if is 0.03... that is only 30€ per 1000 click to wurmonline.com that means 1000, out of that  800 will download game and try it atlast. We all know we got adjective game!

2yy5nif.jpg

Edited by Sila

I like the idea, I know I always sayed wurm needs more advertising, even if it's a cheesy idle farming mobile app that is based on WO. I would like to help but looking at your picture, the description would need to talk about wurm, not advertise a market on a advertisement ment for wurm online.

Other than that, you have me on board since I already annoyed my friends and family enought about joining.

that will be fixed and changed soon as everything is setup and i got approval from GHM team to support project via any kind of donations. I belive that with only aprox 100€ per month we can get atlast 3000 unique players founding out wurm online.

back in history ideas:

they should hire you as ad campaign manager maybe

maybe i should draw a banner hehe

no please dont draw votip wtf awful images nto art

tbh is very good idea, i can do a little donate by ingame silvers 

still poor but i rared small anvil so i'll got about 3s for that, if i will donate for example 50c it will be 16.67 clicks hehe

i wasnt sleeping sorry

:)

• Like 1

Just to be clear, are you advertising wurm or glasshollow market, your copy seems to focus on glasshollow. Are you accepting donations to advertise but branding it as BY Glasshollow market? 

Also, what's your target market? 0.02 cpc for the US AU and UK seems awfully cheap 

• Like 2

i change ads txt to suit wurm needs (not market), i test a bit today to see but i would realy need to ban some countries seems...  but witch ones ? mybe just first 5 on list?

25qdmxx.jpg

ziq6oy.jpg

i also set that ads are mostly shown on computers.

Edited by Sila
typo

17 hours ago, Sila said:

that will be fixed and changed soon as everything is setup and i got approval from GHM team to support project via any kind of donations. I belive that with only aprox 100€ per month we can get atlast 3000 unique players founding out wurm online.

back in history ideas:

no, you will get 3000 visit to the main page, nothing about players

yes indeed. some will try game some will go on. 

53 minutes ago, Sila said:

11hgxg1.jpg

Adjective game ever?   lol

I would hope that if this gets approved, that the english would be checked and approved by the Wurm Team, as well as making sure that glasshollow is not mentioned in any of the ads and this wouldn't become a marketing scheme for glasshollow profit. 

• Like 1

lol typo

fixed

esugb5.jpg

Edited by Sila

I suggest proofreading any ad copy for typos/grammar; otherwise people may get a poor impression of the game.

For instance "We are waiting you" should be something like "We're waiting for you".

1 minute ago, Sila said:

we got large saddle :D  dont we

The current consensus seems to be that dragons can no longer be dominated. Either that, or it's so difficult now that it's not worth trying, and may have required the Crown of Magranon anyway.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

great will fix that too.

image updated

im better with images then words :D

Edited by Sila

Advertising is really easy. That’s why advertisers, advertising companies, etc don’t exist. You just put money in and get customers out, similar to the perpetual motion machine used in your car.

• Like 2

As long as he pays the bill from his own pocket, can't he write whatever he wants on the ads?

When he starts collecting donations with the goal to advertise the game (which seems to be his mission here), then he has to make it clear and transparent to those who want donate.

If people are informed and agree to donate for Wurm Online & Glasshollow marketing campaign, then it's their freedom to do so.

But it's good someone actually takes a suggestion further than words and at tries.

If all players who play the game for it's economy and even make a profit out if it, if they all get on board and invest a dollar per month in this advertising - maybe their business will benefit from it some day.

However, if Wurm Team wants to officially support such a campaign in any way, then I'd rather see a staff member run it instead of any regular player (all biases aside here).

• Like 1

i ban that india and some other areas where is war and so on...   now im geting out most of South america so mexico and all down south...  and egipt  that image show just today morning

dc4lft.jpg

that is what i ban so far... (i ask before what countrys do we not want to play wurm)

2r5wyfr.jpg

out of that next list we can see from where visitors from today morning are by clicks in google search:

34g1vt2.jpg

here is list for our banner:

2qauxie.jpg

Edited by Sila

On 1/4/2019 at 8:57 AM, Retrograde said:

Just to be clear, are you advertising wurm or glasshollow market, your copy seems to focus on glasshollow. Are you accepting donations to advertise but branding it as BY Glasshollow market? 

Also, what's your target market? 0.02 cpc for the US AU and UK seems awfully cheap 

indeed if we want more clicks out of US AU and UK i must set higer price per click to get there more often...   in slovenia i need to pay for my bussiness 0,12€ per click and for banner 0,07€ per click.

My work used to pay over 12,000$ USD a MONTH on Google ads as a laser and custom optics manufacturer... A niche market for a 40-employee company. If someone's willing to chip a pretty penny like we do do be the number 1 search on Google for a specific amount of keywords, it sure costs a lot. Mind you, from that 12k in ads, we got almost 400k in sales revenue exclusively from google ads (per month) + recurring customers. I encourage whoever it is to run some ads for a game they have a passion for! The community is fantastic compared to other games out there, but I'm not 100% that the playerbase would be OK with a sudden surge of another 2-4000 players scattered across the lands (think wood buildings all over the place + people dropping a deed about 10 tiles from yours). Think of the best that could happen from a advertising campaign, but never forget about the worse that can happen. 

My 2 cents :D 

Allenkey out ?