Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Allow the player to add custom names to items.

I think the fantastic item thing is cool, it should be like if you make it fantastic (create or imp - on the fence with the bone) it opens up the rename window (one time only, maybe add a make sure you want to name it this and then its done. Cant be renamed so just the creator at that one moment can create. Additionally would be cool if the event chat would say - An Artifact(special item etc) named .....(chosen name) has been created by .....

So everyone kinda gets the message.  Additionally this should be only to tools, armor and weapons (maybe also carts and ships) but not for dirt and materials. My 2 cents. Would leave in a chance to create one, it would still be superrare and have to lore to it. 

Edited by Wulfgarr
  • Like 3

A weapon of fantastic quality, embued with especially high quality enchants, runes or the like and made by a fellow player...  damn right I would want to weld the mighty huge axe of suspicious circumstance!

THAT I could get behind and support.  In general custom naming because I know how to right click edit would produce confusion.  It would be poorly made window dressing on what otherwise would be a crap item.   Think there is a learning curve in which axe head actually makes a huge axe? Imagine seeing custom names everywhere and trying to figure out where its at in the crafting menu.  

Like I said before... there can be other mystic arts besides religion, sorcery, and meditation...  making something that is extremely difficult, or TRULY rare could be one of them.  

I sometimes get a kick out of looting randomed, abandoned stuff made by players I know and respect.   

Edit: considering the nature of attaching and enchanting that would probably negate the original singular player from uniqueness.  I wouldnt support bone use, however.  

Edit more: on further consideration, this has really got my imagination going.  I was general -1 on this whole thing... but yeah something could be made of this.  I am aware there is a dark art of farming rares, I’d hate to see this swallowed up in that if implemented in any way.  

There is no real expectation that Id find myself the creator of such a thing, but knowing it would exist and that players with invested time, skill, mastery, and a twist of lime to create such a thing is enough to garner my support.   

Edited by Arishok
Emphasis

2 hours ago, Yldrania said:

-1 to the idea in general. Special named items are special because they are named and it should stay this way.

+1 to @Alkhadias on giving this option for fantastic items. It's a great idea and a nice bonus for fantastics - especially if someone gets something "useless" like a fantastic crate.

Little input on the mask since it was used as an example earlier - please do not make a drama out of it:

As for the mask, which I tried to sell - I will not sell it anymore because it's been renamed and it's mine and mine only. HOWEVER, I did indeed spend 10 Gold on it BEFORE it was renamed, and since I needed money and was frustrated that archeology items were reintroduced, I tried selling it at a tenth of that price. 

I still have the mask, and I am not trying to profit from it. If it will ever be sold it will be out of necessity for money in real life, which I'm sure people can understand.

I suggested this a while ago.

• Like 1

-1 devalues named items and many people will use inappropriate names

• Like 1