Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Allow the player to add custom names to items.

2 minutes ago, Votip said:

unique mean unique

probably almost every named by gm item has his own history

its kind of blessing

YtOa85I.png

You are getting a like that for that pic.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Niki said:

Might as well lock it then gary, all you do is bully me.

[17:42:53] <Niki> uh who you fooling we both know you have a MR chaos alt
[17:43:04] <Niki> do you really think i'm stupid

Who's the bully? You can dish out insults, accusations and spew toxicity until the cows come home but you cant take even the smallest jab without crying.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

[17:42:53] <Niki> uh who you fooling we both know you have a MR chaos alt
[17:43:04] <Niki> do you really think i'm stupid

Who's the bully? You can dish out insults, accusations and spew toxicity until the cows come home but you cant take even the smallest jab without crying.

You both deny everything. Maybe you should hide your template MR kingdom merch better so I wont refer people to you who ask me about template MR items. I was trying to be nice and gary literally is a jerk to another person I hardly know.

[17:40:36] <Geminijulz> lol dude's probably just a big jerk

Personally you're both extremely mean people, all the time I hear about how rude you guys are. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME but you decide I am a threat or something.

Edited by Niki

Need to hide things that aren't for sale because you decide they are cheated and tell others to buy them? thanks for that pro tip

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

you decide they are cheated

I never said that.

Ok the alleged MR alt is legit then like your chaos alt, glad its all settled :)

Id minus -1 the suggestion but it would make me bias, I could +1 but I don't care enough either way

Edited by SmeJack

But let me add, that it should be fantastic items that have a rename option only.

i personally don't want renamed items to be craft-able by players, but big lmao @ everyone itt acting like gm re-named items took any personal effort or have meaningful history to them. i'm sure there's an exception or two out there, but lets be real here

"yeah so i was in the right place at the right time, got lucky, and that's how i got this named item!" wow hella epic can't wait to tell my grandkids 

+1 to franks suggestion tho

23 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

But let me add, that it should be fantastic items that have a rename option only.

That's fine even. Really.

22 minutes ago, Kabill said:

i personally don't want renamed items to be craft-able by players, but big lmao @ everyone itt acting like gm re-named items took any personal effort or have meaningful history to them. i'm sure there's an exception or two out there, but lets be real here

"yeah so i was in the right place at the right time, got lucky, and that's how i got this named item!" wow hella epic can't wait to tell my grandkids 

Thought it was silly myself. 

So a couple of things I'll need to touch on in here. Firstly, GM renamed items are usually given out at events, not changed willy-nilly but hey, being in the right place at the right time means winning something, just like the Knights of Seris team were in the right place at the right time too, they just had to jump through a billion hurdles to be there. The staff Christmas presents are a once a year token of appreciation for all the hard work they do, handling bugs, forum moderation, ingame moderation and answering questions day in and day out, it's a thankless task that actively adds stress and burden to their free time playing a game, I don't think any of them would consider a renamed item worth the constant harassment from certain people who like drama.

Secondly, custom named items are kind of tricky, there's potential for abuse or misuse, so we haven't implemented it yet, but it's been something discussed over the years, unlikely to see it arrive in any form anytime soon though.

Lastly, please keep discussion civil on both sides, there's always room for disagreement but outright arguing and calling people bullies for disagreeing with you is not conducive to any situation

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

So a couple of things I'll need to touch on in here. Firstly, GM renamed items are usually given out at events, not changed willy-nilly but hey, being in the right place at the right time means winning something, just like the Knights of Seris team were in the right place at the right time too, they just had to jump through a billion hurdles to be there. The staff Christmas presents are a once a year token of appreciation for all the hard work they do, handling bugs, forum moderation, ingame moderation and answering questions day in and day out, it's a thankless task that actively adds stress and burden to their free time playing a game, I don't think any of them would consider a renamed item worth the constant harassment from certain people who like drama.

Secondly, custom named items are kind of tricky, there's potential for abuse or misuse, so we haven't implemented it yet, but it's been something discussed over the years, unlikely to see it arrive in any form anytime soon though.

Lastly, please keep discussion civil on both sides, there's always room for disagreement but outright arguing and calling people bullies for disagreeing with you is not conducive to any situation

That's fine I did request a lock

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niki said:

That's fine I did request a lock

Suggestion threads provide an opportunity to weigh in and share opinions on certain aspects, simply disagreeing with the outcome or not getting the support expected is not a sufficient reason to request a lock. I'm sure many players have many ideas about this and would like the opportunity to share their input, so we won't be locking this thread. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Suggestion threads provide an opportunity to weigh in and share opinions on certain aspects, simply disagreeing with the outcome or not getting the support expected is not a sufficient reason to request a lock. I'm sure many players have many ideas about this and would like the opportunity to share their input, so we won't be locking this thread. 

There is a difference between 'support' with +/- and 'attacking' you must understand. This is more of a arena against me, I spent effort explaining my point. It's a bit shallow of you to decide it's okay for others and staff to flame the OP whenever you want. This happens a lot but I'm not naming anyone. How are you even remotely okay with this, since when did you change the rules where the OP can't request a lock? It's not okay. I'll be taking this to Enki.

18 minutes ago, Niki said:

There is a difference between 'support' with +/- and 'attacking' you must understand. This is more of a arena against me, I spent effort explaining my point. It's a bit shallow of you to decide it's okay for others and staff to flame the OP whenever you want. This happens a lot but I'm not naming anyone. How are you even remotely okay with this, since when did you change the rules where the OP can't request a lock? It's not okay. I'll be taking this to Enki.

I fail to see any situation in which it's an arena against you, I can see where you called someone a bully and then accused them of using alts and called them mean. 

None of this violates forum rules, but if you wish to do so you can report individual posts as per the standard forum procedure. 

• Like 2

Absolutely  NO please.

I did not believe it until now but Niki you are really unable to see things out of context of their monetary value. Adding custom names because if you don't have a cow should kill the neighours' cattle too? 

I hate it enough already that masks are commonly available. Wurm needs its unique items, they have a history. I have never had any of such things, no special helm, no masks, no named items, and yes I would terribly love to have some.

With your suggestion all these items would be common in a few weeks latest, I have quite a bunch of 95+ crafting skills, a few 99+ and I'm far from fitting into the first 100 players on Niarja - and those are just the public profiles uploaded there. How fast would the market be flooded?

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Absolutely  NO please.

I did not believe it until now but Niki you are really unable to see things out of context of their monetary value. Adding custom names because if you don't have a cow should kill the neighours' cattle too? 

I hate it enough already that masks are commonly available. Wurm needs its unique items, they have a history. I have never had any of such things, no special helm, no maks, no named items, and yes I would terribly love to have some.

With your suggestion all these items would be common in a few weeks latest, I have quite a bunch of 95+ crafting skills, a few 99+ and I'm far from fitting into the first 100 players on Niarja - and those are just the public profiles uploaded there. How fast would the market be flooded?

Sorry I don't understand how you think event spawn items are unique or have any history, does it have a custom examine? If not, it's not unique. Also when did Wurm Online a crafting sandbox game turn into a game about who has the better helmet? The player should be able to craft everything!

I also do not care about money only, get to know me a little bit better perhaps. I just did a giveaway for 2 rare tools. I play the game and don't buy accounts. I also buy silver and support the game. Thanks. 

Just stop with uniquly named items they are ridiculous, doesnt add anything to the game and are cause of arguings like this. Might as well stop with GM made and handed items as they take a lot of immersion from game and create feel of left out and unfairness at other players.

I am not against unique items but they need to be earned by ingame mechanics by putting some effort, they need to be learned by just couple of highly skilled crafters that dedicated their lives to that proffessions, obtainable by heroes who managed to killed monstrous beasts nothing else, and they should be unique by appereance, function and powers it provides not just by names. GM made tools with speacial names, odd materials floating around always annoyed me and ruined quite some immersion for me in this game

P.S. I would rather pay 15s for rare steel pick with my signature and 100 botd than for rare iron pick with Enki signature anytime

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Niki said:

Sorry I don't understand how you think event spawn items are unique or have any history, does it have a custom examine? If not, it's not unique. Also when did Wurm Online a crafting sandbox game turn into a game about who has the better helmet? The player should be able to craft everything!

I also do not care about money only, get to know me a little bit better perhaps. I just did a giveaway for 2 rare tools. I play the game and don't buy accounts. I also buy silver and support the game. Thanks. 

Oh wow, you gave 2 rare tools.

Don't get me wrong,  that's cool....  but beside 2 stupid tools, you're always complaining that you didn't get something or you can't get something.  AND when you didn't get or you can't get something,  you immediately want this thing become common,  available for everyone. Because others can't have something you don't. Especially if it has any value. 

I'm so sorry to say,  but we're done with communism propaganda for over 20 years.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Alkhadias said:

Oh wow, you gave 2 rare tools.

Don't get me wrong,  that's cool....  but beside 2 stupid tools, you're always complaining that you didn't get something or you can't get something.  AND when you didn't get or you can't get something,  you immediately want this thing become common,  available for everyone. Because others can't have something you don't. Especially if it has any value. 

I'm so sorry to say,  but we're done with communism propaganda for over 20 years.

You think you know me so well but you don't, you never wanted to get to know me either I think. This is a game you know, I guess the immersion is so good that some people forget that. Please stop acting like it's more than that. Games are suppose to be fun, this is also a MMO. Get off your high horse. I dislike your attitude and how you think you're better than everyone. This is the last time I intend to respond to you.

54 minutes ago, Niki said:

You think you know me so well but you don't, you never wanted to get to know me either I think. This is a game you know, I guess the immersion is so good that some people forget that. Please stop acting like it's more than that. Games are suppose to be fun, this is also a MMO. Get off your high horse. I dislike your attitude and how you think you're better than everyone. This is the last time I intend to respond to you.

Of course, you don't have to respond and I think it would be better if you wouldn't. 

Are you really mad at me, because long time ago I didn't allow you to join my academy? Academy for new players,  where I pointed more than once that I need people with good name. You're neither new, nor your name isn't pure. 

You told me back then that I just don't know you.  You're saying it also now. But remember dear, none has to spend with you several months to get know you.  Your words and everything you do or you say tells everything about you. And yes I don't say you can't be good for friends, fair and honest to your mates. But I don't care how you behave to your friends, I,m taking things overall, not only from a single point of view. And I think most of others will agree with me. 

Am I feeling better than others? Than some people certainly  but do I really feel entitled? No.  Do you think,  that I'm fighting for keeping uniqueness and value of stuff for high end players, because I am or feel like one of them? Do you think I want to get more extreme rare and impossibly hard to get stuff because I will have it? No, I'm only a lil player in the shadow of elite veterans in almost every matter and case. Many others are way better skilled, smarter, has higher knowledge and experience. No I would probably never get things I'm talking about. But it is competition what makes people try their best and allows them to reach the sky. I'm far from being elite of Wurm. I'm just trying to be good and fair to others, nothing more. Beside that of course I will never refuse a challenge and if I see a chance to get something unique I'll do my best to face any challenge. In real life I'm all in for any competition, just like I'm also professional collector, so I care and value, valuable and unique stuff like nothing else.

Edit: its not for me.  If I ever manage to get high reward,  great. But I think that real veterans and the best of best players deserve to be rewarding uniquely 

Edited by Alkhadias

I'd be up for some kind of option for "custom unique" items.

Say, you create a fantastic sword. Not imping, not boning, just straight out "create". Even then I'd suggest only a list of items, like weapons or tools. Definitely not for fantastic string of cloth.

And even then I'd be okay if the game itself selects the name from some list, like we get for horses.

Event spawned items and critters are unique and should remain so. They carry a story and history from that event. I managed to take home a Holy Cow from the Shrimpalong and damn I'm happy! There's a Holy Cow in my yard.

Holy Cow!

• Like 1

We have actually discussed many potential ways named items could be introduced, from trader items to craft-able things like suggestion here, so it's helpful getting feedback should that discussion ever arise again.

It's a popular idea and a longstanding one, so reading through actual thoughts about the system rather than the ad hominen arguments are helpful. What isn't helpful is people arguing over the origin of the idea, or with the person who agrees/disagrees with it. 

Please keep it civil, we're reading this 

If so, I'd vote for option for renaming fantastic items. It sounds fair enough to me. What's more I'd also set a restriction prevent using same names as existing ones, so for example new fantastic item can't be named the same way like another unique. Or at least I'd set such restriction for same kind of items. So for example two fantastic longsword couldn't be name the same. Another idea is to set creator tag for such items as solid full name regardless of item's ql.

-1 to the idea in general. Special named items are special because they are named and it should stay this way.

+1 to @Alkhadias on giving this option for fantastic items. It's a great idea and a nice bonus for fantastics - especially if someone gets something "useless" like a fantastic crate.

Little input on the mask since it was used as an example earlier - please do not make a drama out of it:

As for the mask, which I tried to sell - I will not sell it anymore because it's been renamed and it's mine and mine only. HOWEVER, I did indeed spend 10 Gold on it BEFORE it was renamed, and since I needed money and was frustrated that archeology items were reintroduced, I tried selling it at a tenth of that price. 

I still have the mask, and I am not trying to profit from it. If it will ever be sold it will be out of necessity for money in real life, which I'm sure people can understand.

• Like 4