Madnath

Beverage overhaul

+1, very well thought out

I vote yes.

Also, be nice to have a few different kind of grape vines, so I could grow red grapes up north where I live...just sayin.

+1 I want a long island iced tea please :P

I also make a promise that with this clear upgrade over the current beverage system, I will also make sure rice wine is correctly named to Sake.

+1

While I'm not as supportive of adding modern-day-type drinks, I am definitely supportive of making beverages more viable. There really should be a market for beverages along with significant benefits for high quality, aged/refined alcohol.

There are so many different types and variants of alcohol that could be added, even trying to keep with the medieval-type feel of the game, that could accommodate additional affinities like OP mentioned.

I just started working on fermenting and distilling various types of alcohol and was surprised and disappointed when I found out how undesirable alcohol currently is, despite the -50% damage buff and increased difficulty for tasks that can be achieved. (You'd think those alone would be very sought after).. It would be nice to see beverages become more functional in the game.