Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

[No bug] bugged frying pan with rune +10%volume

I added +10% volume runes to my 3 rare frying pans to make meals with 20 ingredients, which worked and produced meals of well over 4 kgs.

When i tried to add 15 ingredients weighing less than 4kgs, i could not add all the ingredients to the pan or any of the other 2 rare pans either.

Using an ordinary frying pan, without a rune, gave the same result, the last of 2 chopped lettuces would not fit in the pan.

Tried relogging which did not help.

Thus, it would seem that the rune is bugged.

[23:38:29] A silver rune of Magranon has been attached, so it will increase volume (10%)

[00:08:24] The chopped lettuce will not fit in the frying pan.

http://KiNb1ba.png

bear in mind lettuce have huge volumes, volume does not equal weight. While the volume is increased 10% (so .25 volume) it is not enough to take the large volume of the lettuce.

Filling the frypan with water should show the volume difference between runed and not runed. 

Yes the runed pan takes 2.2kg water to 2kg in an un-runed pan, but then ...

- why do 2 potatoes, which weigh .5kg each (the same as lettuces) fit with no trouble in a frying pan with other ingredients but not 2 lettuces or 2 cabbages ?

http://ggLqPWX.png

Are the new veggies bugged?

Also why are the new veggies so ridiculously large and heavy?

Surely a lettuce should weigh a  lot less than half a pumpkin?

and surely a cabbage should not be as heavy as a pumpkin - both 1kg?

Pumpkins, Cabbage, and Lettuce all have a volume of 1 (you can place them in an FSB and see the volume). A potato has a volume of 0.17.

Thank you both.

However I still have questrions about these items:

Why the huge difference between these veggies volumes then? - surely the volume should be closer to the weight of the item?

I am still amazed at the weight of the new veggies - and now their volumes - why are they so large, it makes them virtually unusable in recipes with more than 10 ingredients.

Unfortunately, that isn't something I can answer. There are many veggies that are quite small, including Pea Pods, Carrots, and Cucumbers.

Edited by Shydow

Locking this now as it's not a bug.  Volume and weight are two very different measures and just because something weighs more than something  else, that doesn't mean it takes up less space.

You can open up a Community Asssistance thread to discuss weight vs volume if you'd like (if there is not one already there).  This is something that is confusing to many players.