Sign in to follow this  
Votip

Wurm Museum

Hello Wurmians!

Over the years, this game has evolved so much and been the creator of so many great stories, memories, and a rich overall history collectively shaped by many. To commemorate and preserve this posterity, I would like to begin work on Wurm Museum. 

Ideally, this will be a museum full of memories, relics, and plenty of other great moments through Wurm time, preserved in one tourable location for anyone to come see and experience at any time.

As part of this, I would like to ask the Wurm community for its thoughts and suggestions on this concept. Old PMK memorabilia, no-longer-made items, glitch items and concepts, the good, the bad, the humorous, major movers and shakers in time - there is so much history to preserve.

What would you like to see in a Wurm Museum? How would you design it? Any and all input will be very appreciated as we get this project going.

Also, anyone interested in becoming a part of the team in getting this museum up and running, please contact myself Votip, or MordosKull. There is much to do and we are still assembling a team to make it happen. Thank you, and we look forward to your thoughts!

• Like 5

is it gonna have votip drawings from the past? The really good ones? And can we have votip tapestry already

• Like 2

Sounds like a amazing plan and i will be willing to join the team to help make this happen

• Like 1

I really like this idea. If it gets off the ground, I'll have to poke around and see if I have any oddities to contribute.

• Like 1

This is a great idea, I could hand in some of the awesome stuff to the museum that I've aquired trough my time playing.

Just one thought, these are extreamly valuable items, how do I know it does not get stolen?

Edited by Sn00
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

Just one thought, these are extreamly valuable items, how do I know it does not get stolen?

That is a reason why we created this topic. We need peoples opinion. Do you have any idea maybe, how to prevent items from theft?

Edited by Votip

As to funding and security, there are a few options we could take:

One is that Votip, myself, and any others involved fund and create a security concept that secures investors or others interests.

Another option is a mix of that and community reach out for donations and such.

Yet another, probably the best, if Retrograde would maybe be willing, he could take control of perms and that just leaves funding as an issue rather than security and assurance.

More ideas welcome, keep em coming!

Alakuzam, thanks, noted. Will notify you as the roles become clearly defined - very soon  :)

Thanks Ost!   Oddities will definitely need homage in this museum I think :)

shaky's aka warlock has one you should talk to him about this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Votip said:

That is a reason why we created this topic. We need peoples opinion. Do you have any idea maybe, how to prevent items from theft?

To prevent theft I think it should be part of a starter town.

Getting the staff involved is the only way I can think of giving people more piece of mind than a normal user with maybe not much history in the game.  People feel more comfortable if they knew deed permissions was someone well known or backed by staff.

If they do this, then they need to make an award by crafting a tapestry of Votip's map dump.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Niki said:

shaky's aka warlock has one you should talk to him about this

I was going to say the same - Warlock's museum has wagons, banners, flags, big things and little trinkets and stuff I never even knew existed (and I am a super packrat), he has anything and everything ranging from stuff long gone to stuff current in game...it is fabulous.  He can be contacted on forums @Shakys or in game @Warlock.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

Great info.

We will followup with him and update here as to where we end up going from there :)

4 hours ago, MordosKull said:

WTB Fountain Pan, the ultimate carry-on companion!

They gone, blew up. Btw where is this warlock (shackys) deed, seems worth checking it out just to see :D 

Really wish I had a reference to learn about all the history of Wurm, similar to this which was recently released for RuneScape:

• Like 2

Good luck it aint a easy task, I only started one as a long term goal as I know it will never be complete with new things coming into game all the time, if only we could stop decay I would have displayed weps etc too, I started it a while ago on release, but would be cool to have different ones on other servers, have fun, do whatever make you happy ;)

• Like 1

At this point, the main team member roles are being figured out. Anyone having displayed interest to help here so far or in the future will be contacted soon about the roles and picking one.

This post is still very much open and will be so for quite a while, as this truly is a community effort and representation. Keep your thoughts coming, and we will keep this project coming!

Thanks to everyone so far!

23 hours ago, shakys said:

Good luck it aint a easy task, I only started one as a long term goal as I know it will never be complete with new things coming into game all the time, if only we could stop decay I would have displayed weps etc too, I started it a while ago on release, but would be cool to have different ones on other servers, have fun, do whatever make you happy ;)

is your deed open to public and can i come look :D?  @shakys

26 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

is your deed open to public and can i come look :D?  @shakys

aye, it's been open for a year at least, I have been a bit messy recently lol.

once you start going upstairs it gets better, downstairs is still my work area :)

And i need to expand the building more as running out of room.

The deed is at n18 on release, the island just off the coast, here's an image to help u find it.

https://gyazo.com/33b838fe54f67b96e6a100f5164ca4b7

• Like 1