Sign in to follow this  
Mordraug

Split the Suggestions' section into PvE/PvP/Global

Hoping that this'll help the devs read through more suggestions and less derailing:

If the suggestion is, for example, a boost to armors on PvE (where non-combatants abound), you post in the PvE section, as in "won't affect PvP".  If for some reason the PvP crowd LOVES that idea, they can chime in with "move to Global please".  If not, they don't have to worry about their way of life being ruined.  For example:  "Make siege weapons not hit horses so that we can more comfortably clear fences off old deeds at future canal entrances".

If the suggestion involves player vs player mechanics, you post in the PvP section, as in "this won't nerf PvE".  If for some reason the PvE crowd LOVES that idea, they can chime in with "move to Global please".  If not, they don't have to worry about another QoL nerf for a playstyle that doesn't involve them.  For example:  "Nerf the CR on tamed animals, someone's champ croc chewed my leg off".

If the suggestion involves general non-combat mechanics (typically QoL, carpal tunnel reduction), then it goes into the General section.  For example:  "Allow hauling crates up spiral staircases" or "Add large and huge wine barrels".  If one "side" can't stand the thought of that suggestion, they can chime in with "Move to PvE/PvP only please".

Worth it for the social experiment if anything. 

Edited by Mordraug

That might be a great suggestion if most things didn't bleed from PVE to PVP and back again. 

1 minute ago, Pashka said:

That might be a great suggestion if most things didn't bleed from PVE to PVP and back again. 

Code split's not an new concept, and there has been some of that lately.  May as well commit.

Who knows, maybe PvE IS ruining PvP and keeping from actually becoming the salvation of Wurm (I don't believe it for one second but I may be wrong eh, life is full of surprises).

I think it's a pretty bad idea based on the fact that after not having been on the PVE servers for about an year i've experienced a case of "What is this i'm currently playing? i don't understand it." 

That happened when i was mining on 2 accounts at the same time and could not move the rockshards one tile away because, even though i wasn't on any deed or anything, they "didn't belong to me" . That triggered me . And not only that, instances of having been attacked by a random hellhorse on someone's deed and not being able to defend myself or instances where if your horse dies on someone's deed you cannot pick up the corpse or the gear within in, they don't belong to you anymore. All these changes made me extremely unlikely to ever go to the PVE servers ever again. More of this unnecessary hand held code-split and not only I, but most people who pvp ( who also PVE btw, most people in my kingdom have freedom deeds ) will slowly but surely never pay for their freedom deeds anymore. 

• Like 1

a)  How do you get your horse killed on PvE on someone's deed?

b)  Why are you picking fights with people's hell horses on their deeds?

c)  You need to DEFEND from a hell horse?  You may wanna do some mining for that Body Str.

I thought that kind of thing only happened to the inferior players who you're constantly calling out over their inability to be elite like you. ?  How does someone with your infinite knowledge of game mechanics even wind up in that kind of situation?  And with your psychic abilities which allow you to speak for everyone, you didn't even see a hell horse coming?  Daaaaaang homie.

a)  As you're riding a unicorn or a tamed hellhorse a troll attacks it. you were going up a slope so you can't outrun it. The troll kills your horse. As it so happens it was on someone's huge deed.

b)  I am not, they are!

c) It's not about needing to, it's about being able to. Not something you would understand im afraid.

I thought these kinds of questions are only asked by inferior pvp'ers who you're constantly calling out over their inability to understand your rage on threads ? How does someone with your infinite knowledge of pve mechanics even wind up having these kind of doubts? And with your top notch logical abilities which allow you to speak for all PVE'rs, you didn't even know a tamed hell horse will die to a troll? Daaaaaaaang homie

Edited by Gladiator

I'm against more form threads to unecesarily further confuse. Most suggestions are applicable to all of Wurm, and having them moved from forum to forun would only creatw confusion and increase staff workload. If you want your suggestion to only apply to one side or another, then just a pvp or pve tag to it. Simple.

• Like 1

We're happy to read all suggestions, the PvE ones, the PvP ones, the good, the bad, the insane...

There's no need to split things up because some players might implement something they believe is solely PvE, but PvPers may have insight to how it could be misused, so it's important to get feedback from everyone. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gladiator said:

a)  As you're riding a unicorn or a tamed hellhorse a troll attacks it. you were going up a slope so you can't outrun it. The troll kills your horse. As it so happens it was on someone's huge deed.

b)  I am not, they are!

c) It's not about needing to, it's about being able to. Not something you would understand im afraid.

You're always saying that PvE is easy, so easy that we barely need armor etc etc etc.... 

I rode enough hell horses to know better than to get cornered going slow on a slope AND not turn around to get some distance and regroup.  And you're right, I'm not a griefer, I wouldn't understand about fighting people's hell horses on their deeds.

And Retro.... that code split needs implementing at a much larger scale.  You must have access to the forums' archive, sadly I lost the screenshot on some ancient drive but, remember how even multi-story housing was opposed?  At least I got WU to play on.  WO PvE players on the other hand are paying to be insulted and demeaned every time they have a suggestion made not thinking of PvP BECAUSE THEY DON'T PVP.  Funny bit is, in my years on WU, every time someone is completely illiterate about everyday Wurm mechanics, it's either a total newbie (fair game) OR.... someone who between questions is talking about how they played PvP on WO.

I mean, check out Glady's first reply.  "I was off PvE for a year and omg didn't recognize a thing #triggered!".  May as well split the mechanics, let PvE keep giving feedback regarding things for the majority of the playerbase, and give PvP what it wants which is "-1 learn to play the game" for most new additions.

Hell, with a proper code split you could even disable multi-story building for them (to my understanding it led to dirt walls with hard-to-catapult 2+ story buildings that take hours to breach).  Glad that Rolf proceeded anyways on THAT one... imagine the fail game Wurm would be with only single-story buildings.  I doubt the average 4-figure PvE population would have translated into a 4-figure PvP situation.

My 2 copper.... your income not mine.  In the meantime I'll keep having my fun reciprocating the shrieking stagnationist kids' condescending replies.  

28 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

You're always saying that PvE is easy, so easy that we barely need armor etc etc etc....

PVE is easy. You can do all the PVE content in the game without wearing any kind of armor actually. You can do rifts, uniques, can kill any kind of mob, can do basically anything with a 1 fighting skill account. This is a fact.

I rode enough hell horses to know better than to get cornered going slow on a slope AND not turn around to get some distance and regroup.  And you're right, I'm not a griefer, I wouldn't understand about fighting people's hell horses on their deeds.

People tend to go AFK sometimes, i certainly do, you certainly do sometimes too, if u go afk on someone's deed you're screwed.  And i'm also not a griefer, I haven't destroyed someone else's things just for the sake of it since i was 12 and liked using the TNT canons on Minecraft.

check out Glady's first reply.  "I was off PvE for a year and omg didn't recognize a thing #triggered!"

It is true though, i honestly didn't think i was playing Wurm anymore. I thought i was playing handholding online and wanted absolutely no part in it. One of the reasons i play on Chaos is also the fact that i don't have to worry about not being able to pick a rock from the ground... which in some situations you cannot do on Pve and i thought it was immersion breaking to say the least.

My first comment was full of facts. That's it. Not my problem you took it the wrong way and thought i was provoking you, which i was not, i was just stating facts.

Edited by Gladiator

Also, if both me and Retro agree on one particular thing, you can be damn sure it's obvious, trust me... we don't agree on anything, ever

While I do agree that great PvE suggestions are shot down (oh so many); they're largely shot down because the people doing the shooting feel they're doing the right thing (there are a few rotten apples, but the same can be said of the PvE community).

It's why I shoot down PvP suggestions that would hurt PvE!

This suggestion is dripping with the ranting of an angry man, bitter in his past dealings with the pvp community, and disgruntled that he even has to look at the -1's on his half baked manic threads worth less than the toilet paper he writes them on.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 3

On 1/2/2019 at 10:19 AM, FranktheTank said:

This suggestion is dripping with the ranting of an angry man, bitter in his past dealings with the pvp community, and disgruntled that he even has to look at the -1's on his half baked manic threads worth less than the toilet paper he writes them on.

Nah, it's natural to get annoyed by cunty kids.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:32 AM, Gladiator said:

PVE is easy. You can do all the PVE content in the game without wearing any kind of armor actually. You can do rifts, uniques, can kill any kind of mob, can do basically anything with a 1 fighting skill account. This is a fact.

That I'd like to see.. 

-1. I dont belive in pve/pvp specific code. Every time that is done one of the server hamsters die

Sorry, but half the people that make PvE suggestions are clueless as to the ramifications on Chaos and Epic.