Sign in to follow this  
Trustvainer

Animal Plow

Since a tractor is too advanced for the tech of the Wurm, could we have a animal plow to tend the fields in the farm? Horse plow, Bull plow and so on.

E.g.: You just have to lead the horse with the tool behind it or you can push the tool behind the animal (or animals).

• Like 1

I appreciate the quote. The search tool in this forum don't returned plow for me in no one topic.

The idea behind the Animal Plow is just to "cultivate" the tile, not using the rake for it, in this way we can define a path, like pressing the key "X" and the tool makes the magic happen, you will go on a automatic walk with the animal while de tiles get turned into cultivate state.

I saw some disappointments there about the author's idea, but I don't know for sure what are they rejecting, everything or just something? So this topic here has just Animal Plow. :)

I've suggested something like this years ago also.  But once I found out you can stand on the "tile corner" of 4 squares, dig 1 dirt, drop the 1 dirt it will make the 4 tiles insta dirt for sowing so don't have to cultivate one tile at a time.  Unless you're a priest that can't dig.  Or use non premium storage alt to dig for you.  Use a 99WoA high QL shovel and it's super quick and you'll be plowing through it in no time.

59 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Use a rake, that's what they are for.

Game needs to modernize, technology in the medieval age improved faster than this game is. Nothing wrong with skilling improvements maybe at 70 farming you get access to a plow.

Edited by Niki

well with all that the other author had suggested, I thought it was notable how the plow took so much opposition.

With the in depth changes to cooking, then fishing, then priests, and personal goals... farming seems left behind in general - but so do several other mechanics.  It seems there is a long range plan to move this game into something else, and I can appreciate any silence from DEVs until something is concrete for each evolution.  Saying things that may never be, or cause panic, would be a bad thing.

There is a distinct line between DESIRE for mechanic changes in a lot of areas, and the OPPOSITION to those changes.  Flesh out the argument more... maybe it can fit.

1 hour ago, Arishok said:

well with all that the other author had suggested, I thought it was notable how the plow took so much opposition.

With the in depth changes to cooking, then fishing, then priests, and personal goals... farming seems left behind in general - but so do several other mechanics.  It seems there is a long range plan to move this game into something else, and I can appreciate any silence from DEVs until something is concrete for each evolution.  Saying things that may never be, or cause panic, would be a bad thing.

There is a distinct line between DESIRE for mechanic changes in a lot of areas, and the OPPOSITION to those changes.  Flesh out the argument more... maybe it can fit.

A lot of skills could use mechanic updates similar to recent ones like archaeology or fishing. Fishing is similar to how archaeology was in the beginning but the last update with the caches really squared it away. It has plenty of room for future improvement though.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 11:42 PM, Wargasm said:

Use a rake, that's what they are for.

No they are not lol. Nobody sane irl uses rake to prepare land for sowing or to remove weed, rakes are for gathering leaves and for eventually last stage of preparing soil to break some bigger lumps and flatten tile. Before that you have to plow it either manually by tool simmilar to shovel or with plow which is much faster