Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

For Auld Lang Syne

[19:31:12] You get an Auld Lang Syne.

Thank you.  Thank you to the Wurm devs and staff for all the hard work in 2018, looking forward to another year.  Happy New Year to all.

• Like 6

I'm a little late to the party but I still want my digital participation trophy!

Wait! A dragon was slain at Vrock?!?!?    I left too early damn it!     I'd like a participation trophy as well now.   ?

Edited by MordosKull
how could i forget my participation trophy?!
  • Like 1

As someone who was on staff on another game (different context, not this game) I have to say, volunteer staff deserve a yearly gift. A good staff member's life is consumed by "doing their job'. It really reduces your play time.  

I greatly appreciate all the efforts the staff of Wurm put into making community events, giveaways, and just enhancing "Quality of Life" in game.  I can't think of many, if any, other game/s that have staff this involved with the players, not to mention continually putting out new content. 

Funny thing, I missed the trivia contest the other night. I was online when they announced it, but it was already past my bedtime, so went to bed. The next day my computer decided to have some serious issues, and I spent most of Wednesday night, and almost all day Thursday working on fixing it, making me unable to play. My nice neighbor saw me say I didn't get a box, and gave me one. Then not three hours later I found one with my always premium'd alt.  This was less than 12 hours ago, so they're still out there. 

People complain about the treasure hunt. I spent many hours early on hunting for it. I knew I didn't have whatever it takes to figure it out, so gave up. Disappointed? Sure. But that doesn't take a damn thing away from the fact that those who did solve it spent so much time searching. My only complaint, and this isn't a complaint really, more of an observation, is that those who did solve it used many clues that were solved by others, yet those who did the early work were not rewarded in any way. I guess that's a game though, to the victor goes the spoils...

Thank you Enki, Retro, and team for all you do. 

• Like 4

[14:55:57] You get an Auld Lang Syne. It was empty though.... I've been bamboozled found it in F24/25@Retrograde

Edited by Legios

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Likely someone looted it and left the chest there

Damn I need neighbors that leave rares on the ground...

• Like 4

Ouch, I wish devs could announce about such event in News page at least. Missed this one ? Are they all gone ? Or there are still some left ? Are there more than one near starter deeds on Xanadu ? Can those who missed this event have another chance pls ??!! Silly request but for some of us Christmas still celebrated ( Orthodox today for me ?) why not to give New Year's event second chance as well ? 

Edited by Rhea

10 hours ago, Rhea said:

Ouch, I wish devs could announce about such event in News page at least. Missed this one ? Are they all gone ? Or there are still some left ? Are there more than one near starter deeds on Xanadu ? Can those who missed this event have another chance pls ??!! Silly request but for some of us Christmas still celebrated ( Orthodox today for me ?) why not to give New Year's event second chance as well ? 

Hopefully they do something again for Chinese new year.

Joining late to the conversation as I had a busy new year week and I didnt participate in the event myself but happy new year to all those who did! :)

Just wanted to say thanks to all the devs/staff who worked hard this year! 
Priest overhaul was the most important patch for me but every bit of content around that (horse colours, fishing etc) was obviously very appreciated! 
Seeing a sneak peak of the new water physics got me butterflies in my stomach! (Yes I consumed them, they arent welcomed on Affliction).

A big thanks again, I hope 2019 will bring equal excitement and anticipation :)
P.S Epic is still alive and we love you, never forget us ?

Also for those who used alts to get a chest and specially to get more then one chest, that disgusts me. No matter if its the community or game mechanics to blame for this I do not care, but it should be fixed :) 

• Like 1

Orthodox Christmas? Chinese New Year?

Come on devs, you can't hold a pre-announced and perfectly pre-planned event for every major, minor, and miscellaneous holiday?  Nor hold re-do events for every player that wasn't on at the time?   Ridic

What of World Hot Dog Day, Adopt-A-Cat Month, Dairy Alternatives Day, Fireworks Safety Day, or the all-important California Avocado Day?   So unfair!

Wait til Votip creates an illustration for this!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MordosKull said:

Orthodox Christmas? Chinese New Year?

Come on devs, you can't hold a pre-announced and perfectly pre-planned event for every major, minor, and miscellaneous holiday?  Nor hold re-do events for every player that wasn't on at the time?   Ridic

What of World Hot Dog Day, Adopt-A-Cat Month, Dairy Alternatives Day, Fireworks Safety Day, or the all-important California Avocado Day?   So unfair!

Wait til Votip creates an illustration for this!

en·ti·tled
/inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
adjective

1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Edited by Legios
  • Like 1

Great event, wish I had heard about this sooner. Just found this post today. lawl

• Like 2

I don't mind hearing people complain. It's just when it's people that privately hunt uniques and then complain about not having equal chance at an event....

• Like 3

Found one while making a highway this weekend on Xanadu, they're still around !

• Like 2

found one tonight just a little bit of damage too so any still out there should be for a  while

• Like 1

f9094849d898e279c88745a28a44a6d1.png

people are concerned about not finding the 2018 chests, i just found a 2017 chest, it's been there so long the silver horseshoe and chest it all comes in decayed

• Like 2

Awesome and always a great extra kick in the butt to get out exploring and adventuring! Now If I can get the whole luck thing working for me haha