Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

For Auld Lang Syne

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And never brought to mind?

No! To celebrate 2019 in Wurm style we've hidden rare small chests with special names on every server with some special goodies inside! (Xanadu has them placed around the start deeds for ease).

V0XY2X8.png

Celebrate the new year by running about the hills, and take a cup of kindness yet!

Happy New Year

The Wurm Team

• Like 6

[07:58:26] <Madnath> nah no treasure hunt there
[07:58:30] <Madnath> just a new year message
[07:58:51] <Shagsdeval> gonna be one of these days I see
[07:59:31] <Ekcin> quote: "..To celebrate 2019 in Wurm style we've hidden rare small chests  .."
[07:59:57] <Joelle> I'm making Retro share what's in the chests, please hold
[08:00:04] <Archaed> No
[08:00:06] <Archaed> No holding
[08:00:08] <Archaed> No sharing
[08:00:16] <Archaed> 2019 is the year of no sharing
[08:00:33] <Joelle> 2019 is the year of grumpy bearded Australians
[08:00:39] <Archaed> Who dont share
[08:00:45] <Joelle> Bah humbug

image.png

• Like 6

[09:02:34] You get an Auld Lang Syne.

And I didn't have to climb a mountain or fight a dragon to get it! Thanks Retro!

[15:13:45] You get an Auld Lang Syne.

[15:56:01] You get a Mule Egg.

Thank you :)

uhh grats lucky ones ! I'm climbing moutains, fighting drag.... trolls and no chest yet here...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

(Xanadu has them placed around the start deeds for ease)

Ease? grats to the lucky ones... no chest yet, and no idea if there are any left either...

Happy New Year

found newspring, thanks for the fireworks \o/

loved the vrock party... thank you dev team

ps. dos anyone know if the champagne will damage over time on a shelf?

Edited by ZeldaGold

Probably the worst ever i've ever experience in a video game thus far

Let me explain to you why .

First of all, me and 3 friends have looked around on 2 different servers ( not Xanadu ) for about 1h (one of us) and 3 hours (the other 3 of us) , Guess what we found. Nothing. No chests whatsoever.

Then we heard about the "suicide on an alt on Xanadu and look near starter deeds" .  That's the way to get these chests guys. Any other way you will go insane and not find anything. 

You make an alt, you take it to xanadu, you suicide and respawn at one particular starter deed that hasn't been searched yet, you search, find the chest, mail it to yourself, rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

I'm out on Celebration for 3 hours now and did not find anything - but that is business as usual for me :D

1 minute ago, Jaz said:

I'm out on Celebration for 3 hours now and did not find anything - but that is business as usual for me :D

That is not the problem in and of itself. The problem arrives when u can find a chest in 10 minutes of just suiciding an alt on Xanadu.

• Like 1

took me 25 ish min the sail/walk to newsprings then to find it, on the edge of the perim. if your thinking alts and only personal gains by mailing it to yourself and keeping more than one then shame. what a way to suck the fun out of a pve event........

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, ZeldaGold said:

took me 25 ish min the sail/walk to newsprings then to find it, on the edge of the perim. if your thinking alts and only personal gains by mailing it to yourself and keeping more than one then shame. what a way to suck the fun out of a pve event........

That is exactly what people will do. Especially here in Wurm where you can turn silver into cash.

• Like 5

again not really a fan of these events as people abuse it and take them all with alts

• Like 6

heard about the rare chests so i headed out to linton spend about 2 hours maybe searching the area only to find nothing very disappointing  also missed the dragon event that was held 2019 not looking to be a good year it seems :(

found a few gems near Linton, I guess they are from last Easter....

I wasn't going to post this but I'm getting tired of the short end of the stick from these events. This is after spending a good amount of time searching mind you. My new years resolution is being honest and giving feedback when I am upset.

Is it really too much to ask for a fair event for a change? I heard you spawned a dragon without warning. I was told doing this was impossible for a staff member who said it would be unfair. Remember when I asked for one at the impalong?  (You could've made a fun event out of it but nope.)

You make annoying cipher quest like events that reward the same people pretty much every time. I'm starting to think it's a conspiracy. Normal players can't even do it afterwards for a lesser reward. I hate that I spent tons of hours trying to do that event. All in vain.

You randomly give stuff out to each other but the player have to fend for scraps in global chat with you're riddles, that happen in 'aussie' hours and probably only once. I heard staff members are getting 99ql supreme/fantastics this year with custom names. Player crafting is a joke right now most of us, use iron. Very very few of us, use other high end materials. Stuff like this makes player crafting pointless and hurts the economy. The player can't even name our wares like you guys can. So how is your 99ql fantastic "Brickcutter 9000" addy chisel doing for you? Not saying staff don't deserve rewards, but there is a thing called money, silver, sleep powder. I'm totally against overpowered items worth 100's of euro's being given out like this.

Want a honest review? Sop making events that less than 1% of the ingame population can attend because it's all 'aussie' hours. Please be more fair. Be more transparent with your events. Stop doing things on a whim. The best event are xmas tree, ones that have dates, /redeem code, or a simple ingame task to "craft" it.

Happy new years, I guess.

• Like 7

Just now, Alkhadias said:

Always complaining...

I know right? I mean, how could they? Pffffff, complain complain complain, ugh .... wait... WAIT A SECOND.... aren't you now complaining that we're complaining? oooopsie

1 minute ago, Alkhadias said:

Always complaining...

it's feedback, ignore it if you want

• Like 1

I WANNA COMPLAIN TOO! :D

Joking, it's a cool event this one accoding to me

However the alt way seems to be the best way which is a terrible thing in this game.

Fix any alt abuse thank you.

• Like 2

I more find it stupid that's it's for xanadu close to starting towns. Why u wont it random on xana same as on other servers.

• Like 1

I was at Vrock yesterday. I didn't win any contest beside being one of dragon slayers. Do I complain that Enki didn't reward me for not being able to find treasures faster than others? Oh excuse me, "feedbacking". Even spent lots of karma, and almost died to spawned mob twice. Still it's great.

I did manage do get a chest today, karma returns as you see.  Even if you don't get a chance to find something, there will be so many other possibilities in future, that you will use, and won't be able to. Then we can exchange rewards/ gifts or sell them to each other. Do whatever we want. 

If not today, not tomorrow, then day after tomorrow you and I will get yet another good stuff. 
Did I cry that i wasn't able to find Shadow Wraith armor? Well, perhaps a bit yesterday... but NO i didn't. You're not always in right time and right place, that's it. So do I, so do everyone else. 

Sometimes we are able to get something, sometimes not, simple as that, but in the end we always gets something extra. 

The only equality between players is the fact, that we all can't be always in right place and time. Only this. 

• Like 1