Sign in to follow this  
Alkhadias

Reward Helmets improvable

As new year started, it's my little wish to make all reward helmets improvable by anyone. 

So far helmets like plummed ones, cavalier ones etc. can be improved only by owners, yet most of toons that owns them are already gone. Most of these helmets are also probably gone, so let's keep few of these in good shape!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

So far helmets like plummed ones, cavalier ones etc. can be improved only by owners

Are you sure? I can't imp my plumed helm.

[02:23:56] An open-faced round-top helm. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item.    (It would say improvable with a lump here)

[02:23:56] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Xallo'.

[02:23:56] Aura of Shared Pain has been cast on it, so it may damage creatures when they hit this armour. [100]

[02:23:56] A steel rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will reduce damage taken (10%)

I agree with you though on being able to imp reward helms. I had an idea that once at 100 skill, you would be able to imp "un-impable" items, but that might be too complicated. :P 

• Like 1

AFAIK they are not impable by anyone. I agree they should be, if extra difficulty is needed, yes limit it over a certain skill but I would lower the requirement to the half of what Xallo mentioned, let it be 99 skill only.

• Like 1

+1 to be able to imp certain items that currently can't be improved

-1 for nonsense "special" requirements

• Like 2

That's what i heard of, but it seems not then. 

However it makes even more sense to be able to repair and improve a reward. Helemet isn't a statue nor other decoration. It's a helmet, something we love to use in battle, and it's supposed to protect our heads as well as possible!

When we killed the goblin king, we looted a shortsword. It was a 45ql not enchanted shortsword. It couldn't be improved. I thought that was really bad game design. +1 to being able to improve things like that. But if it's something OP like the rare cloth hats that do not ever drop maybe it's not a good idea

Never understood why we couldn't improve certain items in this sandbox.  If it's special item it should still have sames rules of being able to improve it unless it's extra special and won't take decay ticks.  Example is the knapsacks from last year or two ago.  Low ql rare/supreme item that can't be improved.

Can improve the 2 helmets you get from a Nogump.

The worst part is that some of these items have normal improving icon, so i guess they're act like regular gear, however this option is blocked. 

If the items weren't supposed to be reimped, why then there's an icon? Little change and would make happy more than one person. :)

I'm gonna +1 this because it kinda sucks that you can't, and I can't really see a reason why not.

I always thought stuff like having that Troll King dropping a shod club that can be imped while regular troll clubs can't would be an interesting idea too, but that's something else entirely.

• Like 1

I am never going to have one of these; but there is a good reason for that.  They're something earned by folks who really did excel at the game.

+1

• Like 1

Says it needs steel lump. 
Taking steel lump...
[20:33:36] You cannot improve that item.

Don't give up, bump.

Just make them craftable problem solved. Have people in alliance that refuse to play till they can make horned helmets. Especially sucks since there has been no new armor items in like over 6 years. (probabaly due to pvp balance)

Whatever happened to the chart that quoted (scale mail, ringmail etc etc  was like 3 or 4 years ago)

12 hours ago, Killroth said:

Just make them craftable problem solved. Have people in alliance that refuse to play till they can make horned helmets. Especially sucks since there has been no new armor items in like over 6 years. (probabaly due to pvp balance)

Whatever happened to the chart that quoted (scale mail, ringmail etc etc  was like 3 or 4 years ago)

That's not what I'm asking about. And if that would be a way to solve it, then better don't do anything and leave it be.

And perhaps we didn't get any new armor models and Ive been asking about them for a long time as well, but we did receive a possibility to make metal armors out of any metals and they have different properties this way. Not saying about possibility to paint them and customise in any way.

BUMP!!!

We have our Demon Helmets, that actually can not be improved. Retrograde said it's a bug, so I kindly ask once again @Retrogradeconsider not improvable reward helmets as bug as well.

[11:50:15] You get an Alkhadias' Lunar Crown.
[11:56:23] You cannot improve that item.

On 12/31/2018 at 11:05 PM, Alkhadias said:

As new year started, it's my little wish to make all reward helmets improvable by anyone. 

So far helmets like plummed ones, cavalier ones etc. can be improved only by owners, yet most of toons that owns them are already gone. Most of these helmets are also probably gone, so let's keep few of these in good shape!

we need that also  armur stand w/o dam  maybe a rare one?

After a patch, Challenge Reward Helmets are still unimprovable. 

Black bear helemet and Demon helmets are.

This is one of another great examples of wogical decisions.

Make free helmets, randomly dropped by anybody for nothing improvable, therefore allow them to serve years.

Helmets with pretty much same parameters, gained by just a few players after a month long, everyday Challenge make unimprovable and let them rot and serve as fireplace decoration before they decay.

Sounds legit.

Addressing a bug with the existing gift helms is vastly different to making the Challenge Reward helms improveable. 

I will forward your suggestion along

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Addressing a bug with the existing gift helms is vastly different to making the Challenge Reward helms improveable. 

I will forward your suggestion along

Well, took a year to bump a topic, but finally there's a response. And I appreciate it. I really do, because I hope you see my point especially with these new (also cool) helmets arrival. 

These things, reward or event ones aren't just an ordinary shod clubs. 

Cavalier helmet is impable now, how about the other helmets and goblin bonnet/troll crown?