Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

The Golden Valley Server

Now that Haven's Landing is the spawning area for new players to the game I am wondering what are the plans for the Golden Valley server in the future. As it is no longer necessary for that purpose surely it should not be reserved as a private server for the few remaining accounts that never moved off of it. How about doing something useful with it that would benefit all players? Maybe there are already secret plans for it yet to be revealed?

=Ayes=

If you want to remove GV, allow me at least one last time to see the Island i came from....

Well GV is the login server, so I imagine that's something useful that benefits all players :P   It's also been used for an event in the past before.  If we were allowed to travel there, I wonder if I could find the place I lived for that short week 8+ years ago

• Like 4

Yes, its the login server so its not going anywhere.

I'd love to be able to sale to it, but I imagine they want to limit the amount of traffic the login server sees, as it could potentially draw problems with the handshake process?

Don't mind me. I am just sprouting nonesense (more than usual anyways)

Not seeing any evidence of people using it as a private server, or indeed as a hunting server which was the old complaint.

I'm not sure there spawns there any more.

There are a few people still left on it, and I do spawn a few animals if needed, but I would like to keep using it for some events once in a while.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Enki said:

There are a few people still left on it, and I do spawn a few animals if needed, but I would like to keep using it for some events once in a while.

Quest 2 happening on GV confirmed

I think I still have at least one toon somewhere around outside of Tutorial

5 hours ago, Mormo said:

I think I still have at least one toon somewhere around outside of Tutorial

Could be worth a few silvers by now

On 12/31/2018 at 2:36 PM, Angelklaine said:

Yes, its the login server so its not going anywhere.

I'd love to be able to sale to it, but I imagine they want to limit the amount of traffic the login server sees, as it could potentially draw problems with the handshake process?

Don't mind me. I am just sprouting nonesense (more than usual anyways)

An easy way to prevent that would be to use a portal. Then it could give a "This realm is overpopulated" message if it had too many people on it.

• Like 1