Sign in to follow this  
Kasumi

"Went up a Hill" achievement/goal clarification

A friend of mine has this goal to complete and I've been trying to figure out how to do that exactly.

After spending some good time trying to go up high mountains to no avail I thought I'll try and test what triggers it on an alt of mine.

Took said alt, who does not have this achievement yet, loaded her up with endurance sandwiches, and up Dragon Fang we went. Kept climbing and got the "Thin Air" achievement, but no "Went up a Hill" one.

From the wiki :

Thin Air   -   Go higher than "Mountain Goat"

Mountain Goat   -   Go even higher up than the "Went up a Hill" achievement.

Went up a Hill    -    Going to a high altitude.

My alt already had the 'mountain goat' achievement from long ago, received the 'thin air' one today on dragon fang, but the 'went up a hill' one is still not achieved? 

Makes no sense to me if both 'thin air' and 'mountain goat' is higher than 'went up a hill'? Does anybody know exactly what triggers this achievement?

Is it maybe set to a specific altitude that if i climb over that line (and no higher or lower) it triggers? Which could mean that I'm starting off too high already?

Any insights, or anybody achieved this recently who can help? 

Thanks! ^_^

57 minutes ago, Kasumi said:

Is it maybe set to a specific altitude that if i climb over that line (and no higher or lower) it triggers? Which could mean that I'm starting off too high already?

the specific required altitude is 300m, or 3001 height in code value, i believe that should mean 3001 slopes. any height between 3001 and 7000 height should then grant the achievement you need.

when you start off too high, you will only be awarded the highest available achievement, meaning if you'd teleport to the top of dragon fang, you would only be accredited the "on the way to the moon" achievement. climbing down to below the tresholds (2180m, 1400m, 700m, 300m) would then trigger the next available achievement.

so depending on wether or not you used a teleport to get to dragon fang, then its possible that you have started off too high. you should have gotten that achievement somewhere in the tunnel leading up to the upper green ring otherwise, i believe.

36 minutes ago, Arium said:

the specific required altitude is 300m, or 3001 height in code value, i believe that should mean 3001 slopes. any height between 3001 and 7000 height should then grant the achievement you need.

You sir, are brilliant, thank you!

I made the mistake of riding up in a cart through the green ring road instead of walking... Went back and walked, it triggered the achievement even before the cave tunnels. Success!

Now I just wish there's an easy way to know the altitude you're at...