Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Highway work just east of Newspring

that was 2 years ago when i change pavement on highway thru Newspring market. With old rules you was allowed to do so... as we can do now when there are cateyes...  can still change pavement or dig on highways. But GM decisions must be followed before rules.

Edited by Sila
typo

13 hours ago, Sila said:

Remember when i says i pay bill for newspring ...  that was 1 week ban

3 hours ago, Sila said:

that was 2 years ago when i change pavement on highway thru Newspring market. With old rules you was allowed to do so... as we can do now when there are cateyes...  can still change pavement or dig on highways. But GM decisions must be followed before rules.

If you're referring to the change to the east side of your deed: That change was not legal. You broke the highway connection because your new road didn't meet the old road exactly.

In the old highway rules, in place at the time, any road 2 tiles or wider (or 1 tile with sand on each side), connecting more than one deed, was considered a "highway"

Your change to these roads invalidated the highway by making a portion of it 1 tile wide. If you got a week-long ban from the game because of that, that's on you. Neither I nor anyone else owes you money or premium time because you got yourself banned.

If you're suggesting that the GM's decision was poor and didn't reflect the rules, this really isn't the place to do that.

EDIT:

On 1/3/2019 at 11:17 AM, Sila said:

i must admit, for xmas night i send my team down to Newspring Market, we do resize deed to fit our needs, we place new public hotel on our land, and L corner highway was build to fit future progress of market. No highway will be destroyed or remade inside of market in future without GM approval as i state already.     We do same on all 9 markets, and only at Newspring comes to drama. 

That resolves a lot of the concerns I had. Thanks.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

Definitely drama for the sake of everyone's entertainment, why else bring such a pointless argument to a public forum?

8bda60885fc57a88282a1fdffc29f722e3ca51f2 

Not drama for the sake of everyone's entertainment.

More like a lot of (Xanadu) players wondering why ONE player is acting as if Xan is his private server, where he can claim all the work other's have done - and there's evidence posted of  that - where he can change things without asking anyone in the area near it and when being confronted with it, acting like a spoiled brat with comments like: "if you don't like it, deed it or leave it".

It's even the more surprising that there are players who defend this player, while at the same time they got upset when a n00b cuts down that one maple tree 25 tiles from their deed. Or digs some dirt next to a road.

Given the difference that this particular player knows about those things and WILLINGLY ignores wishes, while a n00b doesn't it is even more surprising to see how he got defended.

As for renaming things he didn't build:

x8Vf5yB.png

That's how he named it; while the orrignal name can be found here:

Care to explain that, Sila?
Or are you telling me I'm bullshitting, just like you told others?

I'm kindly requesting you to either change that name to Emerald Way or Emerald Highway, as that's the name Dredbanger, Aton, Keyos and I decided it to be after we dropped down that last brick to complete it.
Or be kind enough to remove that sign and ask me to drop the sign with the right name at the exit of Whitefay.

And while at it, could you also explain why YOU were able to plant a sign inside a starter town, while other players can't?

Thorin ?

• Like 1

shhh  no tuchy!   I never says i build this highway and many others just by spawns... i just plant sing to point ppl to market not to rename highway. if i want to rename highway i will plant sign each 20-100 tiles to make it clear..  nothing else ...   should be pointing sign at first place to sort out confusions but we run out of em.

5 minutes ago, Sila said:

shhh  no tuchy!   I never says i build this highway and many others just by spawns... i just plant sing to point ppl to market not to rename highway. if i want to rename highway i will plant sign each 20-100 tiles to make it clear..  nothing else ...   should be pointing sign at first place to sort out confusions but we run out of em.

With the waystones and highway system, those signs are redundant and not needed.

nobody fell over that sign in last 2-3 years idk what happend now

1 hour ago, Sila said:

i just plant sing to point ppl to market not to rename highway.

it literally says "Whitefay Market Highway".

I don't care as much about the signs, especially compared to things like when you rebuilt the Glasshollow starter deed and put your own personal merchant in a building there without telling anyone.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

we try to add more NPC to spawn, that merch should be bartender in hotel  lol

1 hour ago, Sila said:

If you are "just" pointing to the market, could you at least remove the word "Highway" from it and replace that sign by a POINTING sign? That way it would be clear to everyone who walks / rides there what the purpose of the sign is and we all would be happy.

1 hour ago, Sila said:

Because I only recently discovered that sign when improving the highway build by Mortommes and others between Whitefay and Greymead, then went off line for a while due to circumstances and was basically reminded about it because of this thread.

It would've been nice if you had contacted Keyos, Dredbanger or me before placing it, but I won't go there as you most likely have some reason for it not happening. And I'm pretty sure what reason that is.

If you just replace that sign for a pointing sign, meant to point at your market, then I won't complain anymore.

Thorin :)

• Like 1

Public Hotel? Does people actually use all them hostels and sleep Inns across the servers?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sila said:

we try to add more NPC to spawn, that merch should be bartender in hotel  lol

You put your own personal merchant there. On a starter deed. It was selling things for your own profit. You abused the fact that you had permissions on the deed in order to put your own merchant there, something that players can't normally do.

• Like 2

since this will likely pop up again:

On 1/2/2019 at 10:55 PM, Sila said:

i must admit Ekib, you are good with words aswell.

honestly not that good. so far all i've been doing has been using the same arguments you used as a defence and facts others have bought up to point how much bullcrap you are spilling... and oh dear its not over, so lets get started shall we?

13 hours ago, Sila said:

i just plant sing to point ppl to market not to rename highway.

somehow i never realised "market this way" and "highway" meant the same things, thank you for pointing this out to all of us who clearly where in the wrong for all those yeaaARE YOU REALLY HONESTLY THINKING WE WOULD FALL FOR THAT??????

since you love to compare things to IRL, how do you think your town mayor or council would react if you built a shop, and renamed the streets around by changing the signs?

seriously stop it. the bull is so full of it by now its about to explode.

12 hours ago, Sila said:

this just makes me think "its ok officier, i only commited that crime a few years back, nobody found me until now so i'm in the clear!" as a defence system.... ? while some crimes may have a time limit, others dont, and i dont recall one in the game rules.

and i have to admit, like the others, i wonder how you managed to get perms to place signs and merchants in starters towns and how those where not removed... where the GMs too busy to solve other of your mess, like when you cateyes over a work in progress highway, to the point that you slipped under the radar? well after this thread...you better hurry pick those all back up asap, cause i'm no mod or GM but sounds like someone's gonna 'own' an other week of premium ?

now all that is left to wonder is only whom will you put the blame on, or are you going to ask a week from everyone who posted in this thread? playing the poor victim again while you act as a spoiled brat as soon as all official eyes are turned back?

ps, i think the bull is dying... get it to an open field asap...

14 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

It's even the more surprising that there are players who defend this player

at this point he has so many alts i just assume the 2-3 who follow him and his 'ghm team' is just alts, an army of alts... like the strange 'joke sarcasm' conversation when sila 'left this thread for good' and came back... too fast (was done in seconds) and too perfect. not to mention its all gone now. both sides of the convo removed it...cant find it anymore.

and just in case you wonder why everyone is grouping up on you now sila,. well...years of sly and small abuses (or big, i'm not here to size them up) piling up, and people who usualy let it slide getting fed up with it and finnaly turning vocal about it, seeing they arent alone and giving others confidence to finnaly step out of the shadows and voice their concerns, finnaly sure to be heard.reminds me what we are living in france right now with the yellow jackets. people who grew fed up with a bunch of 'elites' abusing the system over and over... since you so love your RL comparisons you should like this one.

14 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

More like a lot of (Xanadu) players wondering why ONE player is acting as if Xan is his private server, where he can claim all the work other's have done - and there's evidence posted of  that - where he can change things without asking anyone in the area near it and when being confronted with it, acting like a spoiled brat with comments like: "if you don't like it, deed it or leave it".

what else can we say or add? Sila, we extended you an olive branch at the start of this thread, you decided to look down on us and step on in after tossing it to the floor, then you played victim, and then the higher than thou attitude showed its head again thru the cracks of your defence, poorly i might add, before going back to play the confused poor victim again, all the time wondering why we picked that same olive branch you discarded and we are now using it to beat the devil out of you? ...could it be the entire Xanadu community is wrong and decided we need someone to pick on for 2019 (poor elwood had it for so many years after all, he needed a break) or could the real reason for our anger was one in our midst, a wolf in sheep's clothing, trying to tear apart at the community in order to get some personal gain....

to end this i will just say the poor bull died drowned in his own crap....now clean up the mess, dont bring an elephant to replace it instead

• Like 1

Me think its time to close this , and take it to PM,s or GM ...

I ran out of popcorn long ago...

?

7 hours ago, Ekib said:

(poor elwood had it for so many years after all, he needed a break) 

indeed, time  for a break. the crusade is on.

• Like 1