Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Highway work just east of Newspring

7 minutes ago, Sila said:

well you guys from newspring should travel more around... i can show you aprox 100 deeds all over wurm online placed directly on highway going thru.

i did my share of traveling. i'm happy enjoying my home now. and when i do travel i enjoy seeing the sights, not go thru copy paste designs of the same market all over the different maps.

would you seriously stop with the personal attacks and give us a straight answer ONCE in your life or are you too busy acting like a spoiled child?

this is seriously becoming a nuicanse. i did not return from a break to have to deal with drama from a money and power hungry child.

if we wanted to go to your level and change the subject how about asking WHERE does this money you earn to make your market viable comes from? since no local shops there, and the newbies are broke, not to mention initial purchase or production of goods... and you aparently love to make tons of alts, do you buy your own wares over and over? and i'd admit i'm curious cause as someone who makes goods of all kinds i got a ton sitting in storage and cant seem to find many if any buyers, and last time i checked your market you where way above market average value.

if i didnt know better i swear this stank of a money laundering scheme, but people doing this would want to remain quiet and on the down low not get put in the spotlights.

see how its easy to twist words using methods similar to yours?

so please act like a grown up for once, its all we ask for and your attemps to avoid the questions and lie to everyone is just getting on our nerves.

if you had been honest from the get go they would be many more visits to your market, and people would shop there, now its regarded as cursed land no one wants to get close to, and regards as doomed...

5 minutes ago, Sila said:

Crackmore all you need to do is to stop at market buy some stuff, pop out your merchant, stock it and enjoy wurm.

are you serious?

you insult everyone, then say come shop at MY place, drop your merchand in MY care, and let ME handle your income...

are you honestly serious and beleive anyone who hasnt suffered from permanent brain death would obey?

25 minutes ago, Sila said:

mybe i should just say i will make detour and remove cateyes out of my deed to be eligible to KOS player

10 minutes ago, Sila said:

Crackmore all you need to do is to stop at market buy some stuff, pop out your merchant, stock it and enjoy wurm.

I am confused.....

we know what is best for newspring island.

Edited by Sila

perhaps if your web of lies and stories is confusing you its time to try truth for once?

we all know you run sereval markets and thus want to turn in a profit. its logical. and you arent the first to do this! many tried and failed HOWEVER others have been succesful in it for a simple reason: they did treat other wurmians with respect and didnt try to screw them over at every chance.

what do you think is more profitable in the long run? option 1 you sell an item for market value, and customer returns over time. or option 2 you sell it above but as soon as that customer finds out you are never seeing them again?

the reason those past markets where sucessful and turned a profit was simple. they didnt screw over their customer base.

right now you arent doing this by pricing play but by being stubborn and doing however you please, twisting tales as you do to the point were you confuse even yourself, as you said so just above. so again, please, just be honest with us all. we know you want to be successful, but that doesnt have to come at the price of crushing people over. we are a community, and working alone doesnt cut it very long.

think of a human pyramid , do you go higher above a pile of crushed corpses or with people helping lift you up?

My time have own price, your time has it too...  in RL when i get to one of my customer they pay me 100€ just to look at work before i even bring my team to work

Edited by Sila

31 minutes ago, Sila said:

As a resident Ironrath of Newspring Island, I believe that those who know what is best for the island are those who live there correct? What you said is the equivalent of me saying I know what is best for Glasshallow. The only people who truly know what is best for Newspring and surrounding area of it is the people who reside there. Its comparable to a country annexing another country with the claim that its for their best, which historically never works out. 

Edited by Quelon
unfinished
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Sila said:

i find that quite dubious coming from someone who never talks with anyone actually living on the island outside of these forum threads where all of us make abundantly clear you don't.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sila said:

in RL when i get to one of my customer they pay me 100€ just to look at work.

that's the standard rate for any support job. again you twist the subject with something that has NO LINK TO THE ISSUE AT HAND to try to avoid giving an honest answer.

everyone i spoke to does not trust you.

everyone i spoke to is fed up with how you do things, and twist words.

everyone i spoke to wants this to stop.

so:

could everyone be wrong? seeing as each has different views and opinions, or could they be a common factor that is causing them to think the same?

36 minutes ago, Sila said:

and yet again you prove my point.

whoever that 'we' is clearly knows nothing (insert jon snow reference here). so stop acting all mighty and get off your high horse.

Edited by Ekib
  • Like 3

i must admit Ekib, you are good with words aswell. But deep inside, you know im right and telling the truth.   And i totaly agreed with you... We MUST stop this bulling, so lets shop together and support each other on our long road.

2 minutes ago, Sila said:

i must admit Ekib, you are good with words aswell. But deep inside, you know im right and telling the truth.   And i totaly agreed with you... We MUST stop this bulling, so lets shop together and support each other on our long road.

not my first time dealing with stubborn people and trolls over the internet. you'd be surprised, but that's a story for an other day, and one i only share with friends.

and sorry hun but deep inside all i can smell about you shouldnt be put into words. dont assume things about me. i'm nice only because i am just tired of being an ass. but the ass is always near.

for example i can just say that once again your reply is not to care for the welbeing of the locals living near your market in order to create an harmony in which both parties can be satisfied, but to push people to just go SHOP at your market... regardless of how they feel about what you do... shoping might be your end goal, but there's many checkpoints on the way and trying to skip them wont work.

so lets be frank here, you've managed to make a lot of wurmians (nearly everyone on this thread, and those not talking or not aware of this particular thread) angry at you, mostly with your policy to ignore all concerns, push boundaries as far as the rules allowed you and fire back on people who tried to defend themselves. clearly not a good start to make yourself popular and intrest people in visiting with something else than torches and pitchforks.

now what do you think would be a productive way to turn all this badwill you accumulated into good will?

as suggested earlier, a first step would be to stop doing as you damn well please and listen to the locals living in the areas for once, this can be said for newspring but it can work for any and all of the markets you've opened.

strange as it may be, people might be more intrested to shop at your place if they didnt felt like you treated them like a wallet to open, and thus hate your guts, or wished for a day of open pvp on the server so they could level your market to the ground. (and i get the feeling only GH markets would get leveled)

but hey that's just my two cents.

• Like 1

i have my eyes and ears opened... but till now i didnt hear any suggestions or ideas jet. Just your two cents sound good to me :D  

well its hard to make a suggestion or have ideas when we are purposely left in the dark as to which changes are coming... the open pvp for a day does sound like it could be fun tho. ?

but just be warned...more than one can play this game and dear, you alone wouldnt last against the whole island.

right now you arent Lopez and his conquistadors, you're closer to that poor sap who wanted to preach to that isolated tribe a few months back....

• Like 1

Well if you're open to suggestions, its likely that you're planning to destroy the pavement on the old highway so that the new piece of road you made, which we really dislike because weird bends like that prevent people from just turning on autowalk and going AFK, they're also quite tedious to follow through on wagons.

It would be much preferred if you instead of forcing traffic through that bend, tried to just make the land you already claimed more attractive buy asking potential customers what they would like to see there to form a general view of the taste locals have.

Frankly, this course of action is merely a speculation because you refuse to be transparent about which "improvements" you plan to make, and it would be much appriciated if our fears were proven wrong by a proper plan turning out to be something we'd actually appreciate seeing, or at the very least be neutral about, which would be an improvement already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sila said:

The entire purpose of this thread was to "stop the bullying" and "support each other". You immediately responded with hostility.

Nobody here thinks you're actually willing to compromise or consider the needs or wants of others, so I'm not sure why you keep claiming that you do.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Meldichoir said:

I do not see the villain that you all seem to imagine.

Well said within the context of your post of which I am in accord. Since I created my deed on Xanadu on the second day of its opening at Glasshollow's west side I had noticed Rockybalboa's deed with the strange name (some Slovenian one at that time) directly to the north out of Glasshollow, which now of course is Glasshollow Market. Always being one to enjoy seeing the development of new deeds I would frequently wander over there to see how things were coming along. I was impressed by the industrious pace of its development in contrast to other placed deeds in the vicinity where little was ever seen to be accomplished. Also Rocky soon started on the 3 wide pavement pattern highway design directly to it and which now is (or was) the general pavement style developed in the surrounding Glasshollow area.

During the course of building my deed at the same time I came into contact with Rocky (now Sila on these forums) and got to know him a bit. As we shared a common interest in building our deeds and improving the local area around them we seemed to get along very well. I did not expect to give him any advice on how to proceed or suggest what he should do in any of these aspects, only did I enjoy seeing it all progress and come together in what seemed to me to be a well complementary design. I suppose that because of this we got along fine as we each did our own thing and had no complaints about the other doing theirs.

How strange that I never had any complaints about him in contrast to all these others here. Maybe it was because I shared a similar independent spirit when designing my own deeds and neither requested any unsolicited advise from others on how to develop them, nor felt the need to tell others what they should do with theirs? Or more likely was it that I had no market deed competing with his that encouraged me to disparage his in contrast to my own? Maybe it was because I didn't play the game to sell items to others I could appreciate the design of his deed, the expansion of it and the endurance of it since 2014. Never giving up there it still remains (although now run by Meldichoir) a shining example of a market deed design in contrast to all others. Maybe this evokes envy in its competitors so they go into these extremes of hysteria in response?

Now with his & Co new mini-markets at other starter Villages on Xanadu and elsewhere many seem to feel threatened with what they wish to portray as a corporate mindset expansionist empire! How silly you all are. You have already stated yourself that all your vast connection of friends will simply boycott all these min-marts and not ever buy anything there. What is the problem then? I suggest you do so then rather than to continue to conjure up all these extreme reactions of an evil tyrannical ruler seeking to rob you of all your well deserved local profitabilities. Let's not loose sight of the fact that all these mini-markets pay a monthly cost into the game's profits which in turn enable you to continue to play the game. Oh, and how about the fact that there is no cost for anyone else (even you naysayers) to place (or sneak one in under an alt) a Merchant there to sell your own goods as well. How do these mini-markets even make a profit then? Hmm, maybe the *profit* is not what they are all about then, eh? Did you ever consider that there might be some enjoyment and satisfaction to be had other than this? To me it seems apparently not.

There are some who play this game to build and develop their deeds. There are some who then get even more satisfaction by opening them for others to visit and have some benefits of their choice made available to them. For anyone who enjoys seeing what other players can create from the blank slate that the game provides to them Glasshollow Market and these mini-Glasshollows are a welcome sight to be enjoyed for a visit whether making a purchase there or not. Don't project your own motivations for doing the same upon this person. You are getting pretty far off base here I think. Yes, it would be better if he left your precious highway as it is since there is indeed a virtue enshrined within it due to those of you who wish to work in a cooperative manner but this virtue does not triumph or diminish the work of those who seek to do it on their own. Perhaps you might consider that.....

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 2

ayes, you try to compare settling a wild virgin land vs changing an already set up land...everyone was busy setting up their own deed as their own pace as you mentioned, so they had little time to worry about highways yet. HOWEVER our concern is with sila/rocky's changes to EXISTING highways.

this is as relevant to the point at hand as the boohoo story about how 'someone deeded over the house and i had to run away'

This thread makes me want to deed nearby too just to join in all the fun ? 

• Like 2

we have plenty of good spots on the island so if you find one you like, you are welcome to join us, and you can ask anyone on the island to add you to the alliance if you want too :)

well .. shouldn't that thread be eventually closed?

To be honest, as a newbie, it seemed to me as if the <Starter Town> by Glasshollow Market were something official, same with the strange "Glasshollow Higway", e.g. mysteriously stretching from Linton to Greymead and further on. Later, I visited the Glasshollow region, finding impressive buildings in a chain of well tended deeds, but it was sparsely populated and quite much agro ridden. Might have been better to concentrate efforts there instead of pretending that Glasshollow were the capital of Xanadu. It seems to me somewhat of a neurotic attitude, such as a dog pissing at every pole, and somewhat imposting. I learnt at several places that the locals hated it. Seems that Paul/Sila will never learn.

• Like 3

The market is "by the starter town", not the other way around.

Also: I totally disliked that Sila went and put named lamps all along the highway  that I built with Keyos and Tich.

(The Glasshollow to New Haven Bay part)

• Like 2

bear in mind some of those 'glasshollow highways' where made by other players before the cateye system was in place, and then GH came and claimed them as their own ... main reason people dont like them i think, big no no in wurm to claim other's work as yours...

4 hours ago, Sila said:

well i belive question was what we plan with market there and highway.

That's not what I asked, so I'll repeat it again: 

4 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Sila, why do you ignore the wishes of and refuse to talk to the other players near your deeds?

Why is it, that every time someone asks you to COMMUNICATE, you ignore that and you start about something else?

Care to explain that?

And I will repeat it, until I and anyone else get a clear answer from you. Because your reply is exactly one of the things others keep saying over and over again. The moment something is asked and you don't like it, you start about something else.
So, do we get an answer at my questions or do I have to start bumping this thread by posting these two quotes every time you avoid answering it?

Thorin :)

• Like 1

Ah, so for the record, Sila did not make the part that I named Glasshollow Linton Highway.

That road goes between two starter towns, not between two markets.

Tich, Keyos and I only let him help for some hour one time, it was end job adjusting slopes, as that seemed easiest at that moment in time.

At least then they would have him in sight.

Then he went and planted lamps all the way without our concent.

I only managed to stop him at the bridges.

Ofc I have logs about this but not gonna post them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Ah, so for the record, Sila did not make the part that I named Glasshollow Linton Highway.

That road goes between two starter towns, not between two markets.

Right, and thanks for the clarification. I would never mind a Glasshollow Vrock's Landing Highway, even not object the sequence. But the Highways spreading from Linton or Vrock to Greymead and on are not sensibly "Glasshollow Highways" much less <anything> Market highways.

• Like 2