Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Highway work just east of Newspring

I have known Sila since my very first week on Wurm, almost 4 years ago. I spawned at Glasshollow and was immediately exposed to his market and highway systems. He had a tiny little village for new players built right next to the spawn, basically little townhouse style cubicle units for people. I joined that village and was thus corrupted from the beginning. My young and unformed mind must have been very susceptible to his influence, because I am presently unable to even recall the brainwashing that must surely have taken place. I do not see the villain that you all seem to imagine.

In all my years of knowing him there are only memories of his generosity and invariably friendly attitude. I see all of his dialogue as being in a spirit of jest, even during these confrontational occurrences. It is amazing to me how he can shrug off the frequent criticizing and denouncing, by seemingly anyone, and continue pressing on just the same. Regardless of all the naysayers, he knows what he's going to do, because he's not going to let them tell him what he ought to do. The man is a rock, although not in the stubborn and inanimate sense, but in a sense that is unyielding and defiant.

I made a friend living in that village, another new player like myself, but I was disappointed when she decided to move and join another village some distance away. It was not too long after she left that I realized what had motivated her to leave, and I started to see some of the ugliness existing in the community. I was contacted by my friend's new mayor, attempting to swipe another unwary newb by shamefully discrediting a fellow player. Any possible regard for this person's advice was lost from the start of the conversation:

Spoiler

Logging started 2015-04-07
[00:50:26] <Omgderp>
[00:50:35] <Omgderp> Hello.
[00:50:41] <Meldichoir> Hello
[00:51:00] <Omgderp> You're apparently in Ferene's old village..
[00:53:03] <Omgderp> And I'm guessing like Ferene, Rocky isn't helping you either?
[00:59:25] <Meldichoir> I havn't asked him for help, but he seems pretty busy on local work
[00:59:41] <Meldichoir> I'm sure he would help me out if I asked for something
[01:00:41] <Omgderp> You shouldn't need to. That is why you join a village. They are suppose to help and teach you. That is why is I got Ferene out of his village...it's not a good one to be in.
[01:05:51] <Omgderp> Rocky is well known by older players and being an idiot. I'd say it nice but that's what he is.
[01:07:25] <Omgderp> Can I ask a few questions to see if you need some help?
[01:08:55] <Omgderp> What is your weapon and do you have armor?
[...]
(more questions, advice given)

[...]
[01:51:26] <Omgderp> Please understand i'm not trying to make you feel silly or anything. But this is a really good reason to at least find a new village.
[01:52:03] <Omgderp> It seems really nice to have freedom and a house handed to you, but this is why i removed ferene and begged her to join any village, didn't even have to be mine.
[01:56:30] <Omgderp> I pm'ed you because Ferene is worried about you.
[02:02:59] <Omgderp> If you ever want a new village or need some help with a few items let Ferene know and her and I will work it out.
[02:05:06] <Meldichoir> Thanks, I'll keep it in mind.

• Like 1

thats some logs from february 2017 when they were making these markets

this is around Greymead

[05:35:25] <Rychu> lol digging around rockys market?:D
[05:36:07] <Toth> makeing sure he dont try a road again
[05:37:20] <Rychu> you can always dig around for 300 slope:D
[05:38:51] <Toth> na no need dont want to cause to much
[05:39:09] <Toth> that be greafing this id putting it back way it was or close to it
[05:39:50] <Toth> and if he comes back i deed a lot and we go from there
[05:42:54] <Rychu> hehe this looks funny
[05:43:57] <Toth> just tell i fix it cant have him pointing a ###### highway up to us lol
[05:44:48] <Rychu> did they talk to any of you guys before they put this crap market here?
[05:45:02] <Toth> nope
[05:45:16] <Toth> not one word avoided us like the plage
[05:45:46] <Toth> he would log the second we got on every time
[05:46:15] <Rychu> i know this pain

bla bla here

[05:47:11] <Toth> there were its flat going up was all nice low slope and he sanded up to our warehouse and moved road to jog over to this one

bla bla

[05:52:53] <Toth> no way lol
[05:53:05] <Toth> i wont greif him
[05:53:22] <Toth> but next trick is to destroy the highways
[05:53:48] <Rychu> its not griefing its terraforming are yoy got yr deed, thats what they were saying to me hehe
[05:54:02] <Rychu> area you*
[05:54:49] <Rychu> any more active deeds here?
[05:55:17] <Toth> yes lots all my frinds list to lol exept you and rck and that new guy

more bla bla

[06:02:08] <Rychu> well as long as they dont interract with my deed im ok
[06:02:39] <Toth> my friends are cool only a ###### ######s with others deeds

bla bla

[06:08:54] <Toth> i will not be pushed aside you will not stop the gears of war only blood will do that

more bla bla

[06:17:41] <Toth> might be more this go as not kidding they supost to ask but never did we will be ticketing after i see the gm,s name lucky i looked at his sign
[06:18:34] <Rychu> well you can request from rocky to remodel this place to remove that road leading to yr deed
[06:18:42] <Rychu> other then that its too late
[06:18:43] <Toth> hate scrolling through logs but only way to find out so i can directly ask why he never chated with us
[06:19:15] <Rychu> they done the same with ns island
[06:19:34] <Toth> no its not emailing enki after i done this and see the logs lol
[06:20:06] <Toth> enki will not put up with his gm,s bulling people
[06:21:06] <Rychu> i can remove all that dirt with my main hehehe
[06:21:10] <Toth> the whole thing was hoky in first place this is no highway so never needed any asking to mod the road and he only did it to try to say its what the gm aproved
[06:21:40] <Rychu> well if it wsnt highway then its a lost
[06:21:44] <Toth> still is not a highway
[06:21:56] <Toth> i do not think
[06:22:29] <Toth> i am doing a highway check later tonight hope it is cus if its not by morning it will all be gone
[06:22:58] <Rychu> but deeding so close to others without speaking with em always was seen as harrasment:D
[06:23:09] <Rychu> well on the end as i remember from pristine
[06:23:25] <Toth> yep he has dushed us no doubt we chal c how it plays out
[06:24:11] <Rychu> crap you didnt go together with circe when he start moaning about their works at ns
[06:24:13] <Toth> i think he might get a ban if he is not carfull who knows maybe i will if they all lie might make crap up who knows
[06:24:32] <Toth> thats his alt silly
[06:24:47] <Rychu> well for sure  i would got to enki
[06:25:02] <Toth> he did not get mad and stop lol he got toon band
[06:25:20] <Rychu> rocky?

@Meldichoir it's not what they do with theirs land, it's how they playing with other people around

btw i made a mistake i thot this guy name was Thogot but it was Thot, sorry for this:)

there is more crap in my logs but tldr and no reason for it

consequences - Thot got banned for digging around rockys market, rockys put pointing sign to his market at the starter town ( i always thot it was forbidden for players but like well...) terraformed in front of Thot's deed, removed Thot's road etc etc and hsn't been banned.... hehe

going back to imp my mallet to 99 now have a good day Melchidoir :D

Edited by Qdlaty

heh well nobody ask me if is ok to place deed near my deed.  why should i or you or any of us

10 minutes ago, Sila said:

heh well nobody ask me if is ok to place deed near my deed.  why should i or you or any of us

you see everytime you are trying to make yourself to took nicer by changing a lil subject and pointing conversation to different stage of something

are you requesting from people to stay away from yr deeds/perimeters/roads? yes - did you remove Thot's road going to his deed? yes, terraformed at his perimeter ? yes, blocked tehir main entrance with your deed? yes

you been complaining that someone in 2014 put perimeter on yr off deed shack? yes - hv you done the same to Thot? yes

now i will play the same game as you play, mate talking with someone with this attitiude is like throwing something into a wall, saying more looks like people in this thread start taking about you not to you, so if no one talks to someone its no reason to say anything, basically people proved here few times that the person this thread is about lied and was breaking game rules and not following gm's decisions, ...heh too much words, but like in one of my posts before...when i said that around 20 ppl left wurm bcoz of this crap someone here in this post said its fine im happy with em.basically said "f..k em" ... anyway no reason to continue conversation without going anywhere..

on the end ...we know what will happen...after some time all our posts will stay here and your post will be adited and removed....as you done it already in this thread hehehe that's clear nonsense 

kindly regards thats my last post in this thread

btw...edit...sorry for english grammar im not too god in it  :)

Edited by Qdlaty
  • Like 1

Well i never meet that guy Thot, we never speak, he never pm me on forums, no idea who that is.   And yes i do remove some 1 wide roads (not highways) just becose of deed design. Puting perimeter over abonded houses seems fine.  if you gona play same way as me then we just become friends now Qdlaty.  At end atlast something good comes out of this topic :D

12 minutes ago, Sila said:

Well i never meet that guy Thot, we never speak, he never pm me on forums, no idea who that is.   And yes i do remove some 1 wide roads (not highways) just becose of deed design. Puting perimeter over abonded houses seems fine.  if you gona play same way as me then we just become friends now Qdlaty.  At end atlast something good comes out of this topic :D

OMG ....i dont like to break my words...but i will replay...cannot befriend with someone who got no respect for others, you never met Thot because you been logging off with your alt everytime they logged in !!!! do not LIE here, i was there, you logged in with your alt and logged off stright away,  you never responded to him as well ...do not lie again, please stop ..i told you if you are trying to make a conversation to not change a subjects every time something isn't going by your mind, and yes if you removed a road you know very well what have you done, you know very well you been avoing those guys like a fire, you know very well he got banned etc etc...for f..sake...i do not give a f.. what are you doing with your land, perimeter road or time..but yours attitude is terrible...how you can lie stright into someone's eyes and smile mate? i dont understand this

i will repeat...you can do whatever what you want with your land....but for sure cannot befriend a lier ...sorry

abandoned house? lol they been living there and your saying abandoned house...omg...you see it is what your doing your just pointing conversation something else using lies ...

now you can post whatever you want...you just proved youself a lier ..maybe you are friendly, nice and lovely and handsome and good looking ...but you got terrible personality

Edited by Qdlaty

oh that is heart braking... will make new toon and forum profile and move forwards . Will follow your judgment :D  

Edited by Sila

1 hour ago, Qdlaty said:

do not lie again, please stop ..

i'm sensing a pattern here

• Like 1

Sila is kinda insane but no one is going to stop him from being him, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Not like Newspring is my first concern, but I remember all old dramas about Glasshollow and Sila. 

I can see rights of both sides tho. 

Sila isn't the most pleasant person- I agree with that. But I can also see others a bit too crazy about highways at all. Like it would be first world problem if road is straight or L shaped on several tiles length. And what's more and more common, sometimes it seems to me like everyone thinks, that all other people also likes and needs highway beside home. I've been fighting with it for several years, when I wanted to keep my deeds not connected to any roads, yet every now and then some roadbuilder were coming with new roads up to my lands. After highways introducing, someone even laid a highway next to my doorsteps, just not connected via catseyes. Afterall I gave up and decided that recruits in my academy will use those highways at some point. But you get my point. For years I didn't want a road, yet next roadbuilders were coming without even asking about anything. I destroyed one road, then another, finally gave up. I didn't start forum dramas because someone destroyed my beloved landscapes, that in fact didn't ever belong to me. 

On other hand, putting everywhere Glasshollow market stalls and forcing other to walk through them all the time is the same bitchy move, like those all road builders in my areas. 

I have nothing personal against Sila, I'm even impressed with Glasshollow Market deed, it's pretty. However I'm also glad i've never had to deal with him about anything. You just doing it wrong guys, you all. He's doing a good job fighting for his own purpose, you're not. If you would like to do it right, you wouldn't keep making dramas for years without any sense, same whinging every time. You just play Sila's game. If you'd really want to change something, you'd make a forum event, with auction timer or something, when ALL of you, along with ALL most prominent alliances would start dirt walling around XXX Glasshollow markets. Not one by one, or you'd end up like poor Thorgot. Only all together. You really think that anyone woulds ban 3/4 of Xanadu population? That would kill the game in a week. GM could only do a server roll back, that's all. And even if forum topic would be closed, you can always do group conversation via forum pms. Otherwise you will never do anything, and I'll have to admit that Sila is doing great job, defeating you all every single time.

I'm not standing by any side in this matter, it's just not my concern. Just saying, who's winning every time and why. Community is the real power of Wurm, not GMs, not Glasshollow enterprise, just you all. 

• Like 1

I totaly agreed with you in that.  When i drive home every day i must go on road where is atlast 5 stores in row, cant avoid them to see em every day/week/year... its ofcorse hard to stop and not buy anything. But everyone should understand how marketing works in this days.  What will happend if you even touch one of markets/shops/mega centers in RL?   You end up in prison indeed. I always belive that all players who harass me are just jealous after all. 

1 minute ago, Sila said:

What will happend if you even touch one of markets/shops/mega centers in RL?

Nobody is touching your deeds. Game mechanics, specifically the permission system, prevent them from doing so.

It's funny to see that the mayor concern of so many players is ignored over and over again.

So I'll ask it right here and now:

Sila, why do you ignore the wishes of and refuse to talk to the other players near your deeds?

Why is it, that every time someone asks you to COMMUNICATE, you ignore that and you start about something else?

Care to explain that?

Thorin :)

well i belive question was what we plan with market there and highway.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:48 PM, Sila said:

i will tell you...  we will expend deed in all 3 directions and we will made temple with altars, 2 story shoping hall  7x7 so we avoid stall making and small hobbit noob village west. Can see example at Black Pearl deed on exodus.  

3 hours ago, Sila said:

oh that is heart braking... will make new toon and forum profile and move forwards . Will follow your judgment :D  

Yeah a new forum  profile, really good for keeping a low profile if  everyone can spot the VIST US AT GLASSHOLLOW MARKET sig from a mile away

Just now, Sila said:

well i belive question was what we plan with market there and highway.

it was, we've gone on for 3 days and you've yet to give a proper answer to that.

1 minute ago, Sila said:

i must say NO tuchy on old highway?  ?

We would like you to, but all we ask is to just try to discuss it before you go breaking other peoples stuff.

how about a plan on deed planner or at least screenshots like we had to supply for a new look to NS deed? cause saying 'its the same as this obscure deed you guys never visited on an other map' is NOT helping

that'd be like going to your city planner and saying you want to build a house, and when asked the plans you tell them to look at an other building...

mybe i should just say i will make detour and remove cateyes out of my deed to be eligible to KOS player

i belive this is not Spawn remake when players voting for best option.

Edited by Sila

1 minute ago, Sila said:

mybe i should just say i will make detour and remove cateyes out of my deed to be eligible to KOS player

we're trying to offer an olive branch and you offer an iron spear instead... how do you think this is going to go?

all we ask is to know what is planned with an area the locals of the island build and use. is this so unreasonable?

2 minutes ago, Sila said:

I mean, its not really like we visit your deed for any other reason that the thing being right on top of a public highway

• Like 1

well you guys from newspring should travel more around... i can show you aprox 100 deeds all over wurm online placed directly on highway going thru.

pls Votip drawn us image how will newspring market looks in 2019

Edited by Sila

7 minutes ago, Sila said:

i belive this is not Spawn remake when players voting for best option.

so let me get this straight: because we had to vote for the right to decide how our own spawn looks its no longer a spawn? or is it no longer a remake because we had to pick which design was the best for a remake?

4 minutes ago, Sila said:

well you guys from newspring should travel more around... i can show you aprox 100 deeds all over wurm online placed directly on highway going thru.

We do all the time, as i said, we pass through your deed when we travel around, though ultimately, when you're on an island, you tend to use the highway for inland travel between other deeds on the island and the boat for traveling further away because its faster.

Crackmore all you need to do is to stop at market buy some stuff, pop out your merchant, stock it and enjoy wurm.