Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Highway work just east of Newspring

I tried to find the new highway rules a bit fast, but didn't find it with a quick search.

Would be good with a sticky in GM hall maybe?

Edited by Cecci

Just now, Cecci said:

I tried to find the new highway rules a bit fast, but didn't find it with a quick search.

Would be good with a sticky in GM hall maybe?

In this case there's been no violation of highway rules as far as I'm aware. This thread wasn't made to accuse anyone of that.

The highway rules are in the main rules post here:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

In this case there's been no violation of highway rules as far as I'm aware. This thread wasn't made to accuse anyone of that.

Highway Rules:
A ) You may not intentionally disable an active highway connection by removing the catseyes without rerouting or replacing them promptly .
    1> Deeds retain the right to disconnect from the highway system by removal of their waystone and any deactivated catseyes on their deed and perimeter.

Punishment: You may be given a directive, warned, or even banned based on the situation.

Aha, I didn't look in that topic, somehow I thought there would be a newer, or own topic.

Can it be less defined than that, lol!

I suppose if this ends bad (in a U-turn) you locals will have to make a rerout along the left side of red road.

(If they remove that part of red)

This topic could have been way shorter if Sila had stated what will happen to that part of existing road.

dfd6251ffc3c535f479e92035d78211a.jpg

Edited by Cecci

Before catseyes we get difrent highway rules, more deeper sort , i remember one (you can do with highway on your deed whatever you want just to make detour). There was also one about changing pavement, highway kos....   Now you cant kos at all if you have cateye on deed.

And once again you tell that highway was vandalized in your eyes. But the truth is that got inproved. Stop throwing yourself sand into eyes.

Edited by Sila

Sila, dear Sila. The issue I've personally experienced with you is that you like to "improve" everything as you want and don't really take into consideration what other people in that area may think.

You love to bulldoze in, do your thing, and then declare "I have made it better!" but somehow everyone in that area gets into fights with you. And you do that everywhere.

Have you never thought there's something wrong in that picture?

Talk to the local public. Ask for thoughts and input. Negotiate. Trust me, people will even want to help you!

Yes, it's a sandbox. Yes, the land is free for all. But it is also a MULTIplayer. This means there are other people. This means there are social interactions. We're not just pixels on the screen. We have plans too, we want to improve our home areas too.

We even put up signs saying "work in progress, please contact [playername] with questions". But you don't care, you do what you think is best and destroy the plans and work of other people. You even do it miles away from your deeds.

Just because you can, does not always mean you should.

Happy New Year, wurmians!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sila said:

And once again you tell that highway was vandalized in your eyes. But the truth is that got inproved. Stop throwing yourself sand into eyes.

This was before the new highway system. There was a highway running east of your deed to the Whispering Mountain region. You broke that highway connection by misaligning your new deed's roads with the existing east-west highway, I took screenshots of it, reported it, and it was only fixed (very sloppily by adding a single connecting pavement tile) after you were told to do so by GMs. You did nothing at the time to actually improve the highway; the highways in that area were just as they were constructed before you had arrived.

I'm cool with disagreement. I'm not cool with blatantly lying about what you or I have done in the past. If you hadn't "vandalized" a highway, it wouldn't have become a GM issue.

Stuff like this is one of the many reasons I went from Independence to the Epic cluster. Sure, there is a bit of PvP - but that's really good when somebody does something you disagree with.
If I recall the rules correctly, I'm pretty sure you can whatever you want with the area around the roads, but any sort of modification to the highway itself is strictly forbidden?

Your signs around my deed are also stupid as you do ostentatio

[18:47:43] A signpost with a place for a shop sign. The "Glass  Pirates not welcome" has been firmly secured to the ground by Gornell. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Wy.d.l.'. Ql: 32.959335, Dam: 0.0.

This whole highway shenanigan makes me soooo glad i don't have to deal with it on Chaos god bless ya'll living on PVE having to deal with highway drama, unique drama, jakerivers drama, ostento drama ... god bless ya'll

Any discussion will just end if people will stick to the rules the game have, and not trying to "invent" new rules for their "purposes".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

This whole highway shenanigan makes me soooo glad i don't have to deal with it on Chaos god bless ya'll living on PVE having to deal with highway drama, unique drama, jakerivers drama, ostento drama ... god bless ya'll

isnt that best part of freedom? :D

23 minutes ago, Rauros said:

Any discussion will just end if people will stick to the rules the game have, and not trying to "invent" new rules for their "purposes".

I'm not sure who this is directed at, but if the rules enable people like Sila to do stuff that will (negatively or otherwise) affect other people (and appearantly they don't, in some instances), the discussion will simply shift to wether the rules make sense the way they are.

32 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

I'm a xanadian hermit, I indulge into this trashcan fire of a thread out of my own volition, not neccessity.

So I know exactly how you feel watching this from a distance. Gives you warm fuzzies of relief in your cold, rotten heart.

1 hour ago, Sila said:

Your signs around my deed are also stupid as you do ostentatio

[18:47:43] A signpost with a place for a shop sign. The "Glass  Pirates not welcome" has been firmly secured to the ground by Gornell. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Wy.d.l.'. Ql: 32.959335, Dam: 0.0.

I'm not Gornell. I don't know who Gornell is, but it's not me; the only characters I've ever really played on, aside from one or two suicide alts, have been Ostentatio, Circe, and more recently Daphne.

I believe that sign, as well as some of the other highway marker signs in that area, were planted when I was taking an extended break from Wurm, and none of them were made, planted, or directed to be made or planted by me. I was literally not even playing the game at the time.

Please do not hold me accountable for things done by other players when I wasn't even around.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

if someone wants to change a part of the PUBLIC environment of a server, be at least polite enough to ask in public if anyone opposes it.

7 hours ago, Shmeric said:

Sila, dear Sila. The issue I've personally experienced with you is that you like to "improve" everything as you want and don't really take into consideration what other people in that area may think.

You love to bulldoze in, do your thing, and then declare "I have made it better!" but somehow everyone in that area gets into fights with you. And you do that everywhere.

they seems to be a recuring theme here..

for those who noticed, about a year ago i changed the a good section of the steppe part of the NS island into desert. was partialy to try to stop the seals, and get better spawns and looks in the area. however i did not do it all of a sudden and deal with it style. i spent a few weeks contacting each and everyone in alliance and nearby villages to suggest the idea, which originaly went with stepe > desert and forest up north to grasslands, but after getting feedbacks i realised a few people liked the forest so the grassland part was scratched and only desert was done.

my point? it might be public land but we all live in the area, and nobody wants to see their morning view suddenly change without a warning or having a voice in the matter.

that's what we do not enjoy about GH markets' policies: we live in the area, we are affected by those changes ( i go thru that highway to visit neighbourgs, do deliveries and refill my merchant, highway that Ostentatio built btw, not GH) but whenever we try to even ask "what's going on?" we get a (not so) polite F off ...

as a resident of NewSpring Island, i feel that i have a right to know about changes on the highway that WILL affect me: my merchant is located just outside NS on this very highway, blocking passage would mean less people would visit. each time the only reply i got was basicly a "just move your merchant into my market and shut up" which is very frustrating, and very likely to NOT want me to move.

this whole situation is frustrating and each time someone try to address the issue, there's always a good escuse or a roundabout way to divert attention, but never a true answer. so please DROP THE POLITICIAN ACT !!!!!!  we might not have yellow jackets in wurm but we got yellow hats, and signs, and campfires....just saying.

i think i speak for everyone or close when i say we are tired of it, just be honest with us and you should even get help to some of the changes to improve the island, so long as those changes are good and everyone agrees to them. 

not to mention with the army of alts, we never know who to talk to....

• Like 1

Then discuss the rules, but i am pretty sure that most people won't like discussons about the actual rules.

I'd say just boycott their markets and move on with your life if theyre being an insufferable prick that speaks in circles but i really doubt anyone goes to markets in the first place lol, can buy the same things delivered to my deed cheaper

Highways are for getting around easier, if you put dumbass corners like that just to force people into your market, you're not making any friends, and neither is being an ass to everyone asking what's going on

• Like 3

Boycott is in your rights, even discuss rules is, but saying that someone shoud do something because you and some people don't like it, heck, it's another thing. Paul recently is not exactly the most reasonable of players, but start to give credits to people wich want to bend the rules because they don't like what others do inside the rules, is indeed a slippery slope.

I remember when i start on exodus with small house back in 2012. One day i log in to check ma farms and cows and holy crap all my "place was covered into perimeter of guy who deed by. He told me that i need move away becose my house and stuff will decay away after time.  I grab what i have and go visit my friend at Black Pearls when everything just start. I do spend some time there and become mayor of town and also 6 more deeds. Before bridges i plan to conect 2 of my deeds via landbridge. When some guys come and deed half of project we do.  So i move on chaos for 1 year at JK and then 1 year to MR site.  After Xanadu opens i start a fresh story with Glasshollow Market. In all that time i didnt think much about guy who kick me out of house on exodus. But i remember his last words we speak of... DEED IT OR LEAVE IT

so everyone should learn something out of that and respect each other work... 

Edited by Sila

So..

9 minutes ago, Sila said:

But i remember his last words we speak of... DEED IT OR LEAVE IT

Someone is mean to you.. and the conclusion you make is - this is totally OK and this is how the game should be played and you should do the same to others?

W o w . . .

10 minutes ago, Sila said:

so everyone should learn something out of that and respect each other work...  

I am confused.

Isn't this what people are trying to do here, and your reponse is "deed it or shut up"?

• Like 6

Well, actually yes, Wurm is like that and is.. perfectly fine. You'll learn the lesson and go on. Paul, i am in your alliance and i think you should start, anyway, to listen to others instead of closing into arguments like this one of yours.
Really, there's no need to push the highway INSIDE the market, you can leave it exactly as it is and probably you can even listen to what those ppl says, until is reasonable, then do what you like (as you're in the rules) but at least, don't be rude, it's better for everyone, i think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rauros said:

Paul recently is not exactly the most reasonable of players

73133f75630c985392f6e4cd6e5208db.gif

on a more serious note, YES some people can be royal asses to others, what was done to you to your first home and to that bridge project are ###### moves, but does it give the right to do the same?

then that means if you get bullied its ok to bully others?

if someone robs you you get a free pass to rob other's houses?

lets home no one in your family suffered from a murder then cause that would give a free pass to murder someone's family in return

in all seriousness you have to wonder if acting this way makes you grow from those experiences, or they grab at you and drag you down like an anchor.

repeating other's mistakes isnt how issues are solved

• Like 2

I, personally, am very tired of this whole scenario, but Newspring is my home. I believe it is not unreasonable for me to be concerned when someone who does not call Newspring home steps in and attempts to claim their deed as the true Newspring market, disrupting the highway system which I and many other inhabitants built (regardless of whether it is the penultimate highway design), as well as destroying the landscape which many of us have worked to maintain.

What completely dumbfounds me, however, is that even though I believe it is highly unlikely that this market deed has ever returned a profit, the owners of the deed continue to maintain and expand it. From what I have learned speaking with other Newspring inhabitants no one living on Newspring shops there, and I find it very hard to believe that the collective new players who have found their way to, or passed through, Newspring would ever have been able to spend enough coin for the deed owners to recoup their investment. If it were simply a deed someone was playing with, ie. building a home, making/growing/raising stuff, sure. But if a market isn't profitable, then what use is it?

We've been boycotting their markets for years, their implied target demographic of fresh noobs spawning at the deeds they build markets next to are, frankly, generally broke because they only just spawned and investing real money into silver just to buy basic tools isn't quite a standard practice if anyone did it all.

This market is completely nonviable from a financial standpoint, the only reason to keep this farce going is to pretend they're our saviors for improving everything while effectively they're restricting highway access for the deeds around by forcing as many uncomfortable bends into the road as possible redirecting them through their ghost town.

If they had the social capacity to discuss their changes with locals and work together they might have been the good guys they're pretending to be but all they're doing at this point is just vandalizing public infrastructure under the pretense of improving it then getting super toxic when asked about it.

Edited by Crackmore_
  • Like 1

As a seller i would think it would be nice to have friends that live and breathe around my markets. I guess im wrong.